IGNORED

AMIGA CD32 Digital Encyclopedia is final finished!!!

After 2 long years my Amiga CD32 Digital Encyclopedia (found here https://screenpedia.online/?product=album ) is finally finished! I would like to thank everybody that helped along the way whether it was answering one of my hundreds of questions or simply lending support. As a thankyou to the Amiga community I have added a discount code "amigalove" that can be added at the checkout to save around 28% off the purchase. Lastly for those that purchase the book and find any mistakes or missing facts about any of the games I will fix them and release an updated version at no extra charge for life. I hope you enjoy the Amiga CD32 Digital Encyclopedia!

1195471268_ScreenpediaAmigaCD32Coverpromocode.thumb.jpg.18f9afd7dc22aacbd47db1920b4d6119.jpg

Screenpedia Amiga CD32 Cover and product page template b.jpg

Screenpedia Amiga CD32 Cover and product page template.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

My local game store just got a boxed CD32 in. Were these actually released in the US? If so, is it hard to tell a US system from a UK system?

Never released in the US officially, alot were imported from Canada back in the day though. All the stock that was due for the US got auctioned of in the late 90s so there will be some floating around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, marioweezer said:

Looks great, well done! Are you planning a physical version at any point?

Thanks for that means alot!

As for a physical release will have to see how well it sells first.

NEC SuperGrafx next should be out in a week or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Never released in the US officially, alot were imported from Canada back in the day though. All the stock that was due for the US got auctioned of in the late 90s so there will be some floating around.

Are the systems that were meant for the US obviously different than Canadian ones?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeremiahjt said:

Are the systems that were meant for the US obviously different than Canadian ones?

Not sure if Canada uses the ntsc format and same power voltages but if they do should work

2 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

120 v NTSC here in Canada! Seen a couple CD32 systems in some specific stores back in the day! ?

Perfect figured it might be the case, I guess they were pretty rare in Canada?

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Perfect figured it might be the case, I guess they were pretty rare in Canada?

I had only seen them when I lived in Toronto Ontario back then, huge city and yet I seen one in Sam the Record Man top floor on a dusty shelf and another on the outskirts of the city in a tiny little PC shop, they at least knew what they had. I was in no position to buy though I wanted one badly. But they were certainly rare but consider even the regular AMIGA brand was not much of a thing for us outside of circles of fans into multimedia computers or if you were in some type of technical business that used them of  production. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OldSchoolRetroGamer said:

I had only seen them when I lived in Toronto Ontario back then, huge city and yet I seen one in Sam the Record Man top floor on a dusty shelf and another on the outskirts of the city in a tiny little PC shop, they at least knew what they had. I was in no position to buy though I wanted one badly. But they were certainly rare but consider even the regular AMIGA brand was not much of a thing for us outside of circles of fans into multimedia computers or if you were in some type of technical business that used them of  production. 

The Amiga brand in Australia was pretty big and we generally got things last! Its kind of weird to think it wasn't big over there they had some awesome tech! 

I don't usually go for things like this, but thanks to the low volume of information for systems like the CD32 I snapped this up.

I've got a steady collection of games for the CD32, and this will be a bonus in selecting what next to get. Unlike most collectors, I'm really uninterested in the Amiga general line (yes I'm a heretic!) and stick to purely console (including the 64GS and the CDTV because flawed logic), so I'd rather tailor it to games with that little bit extra the other versions didn't. Finding lists of specific CD32 thanks to some compatibility with CDTV games and the occasional CDTV game that hinted at CD32 compatibility, its nice to have a "clean list" of games. I've hunted online scans of amiga magazines to work out release dates, and although this only has the year, its still a huge bonus and helps a lot to focus where to look.

It's a nice price (especially with the discount too) so I'll look forward to what else pops up in the future.

• Thanks 1

On 7/5/2021 at 12:37 PM, amiman99 said:

Made the purchase, Thanks.

Looks like a good reference book, nice job.

I also got 2 years ago "CDTV Disk Reference Guide" from EAB user in physical book form which is nice.

Im glad you like it and i really hope it helps u with your collection

• 2 weeks later...

Just gotta say got the email for the Supergrafx, pleasantly surprised it was free (I know it's only 7 games but still!) so grabbed it straight away. I know this is not a totally new idea, but tends to only be for the "popular" systems. You just need to do a complete set of every console ever made now ?

53 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Just gotta say got the email for the Supergrafx, pleasantly surprised it was free (I know it's only 7 games but still!) so grabbed it straight away. I know this is not a totally new idea, but tends to only be for the "popular" systems. You just need to do a complete set of every console ever made now ?

Yep Im working on it

• Thanks 1

I have a little tip. Maybe you could add a page to explain the items i circled in the picture. Or better the full layout of the page explained. Just to get people up to speed. In the front of the book just before the alphabet listing.

Some i got after a few pages, like the green circle around the disc displaying the amount of space the game uses on the disc, and the logo’s in the bottom showing on what other systems the game is available. I know the logo’s but maybe for those not into logo’s it would be nice to add a list of logo’s and the system they represent.

But i don’t know what the little icons mean that are shown at the trivia section. Found them in the back of the book. But it would be better to put this in front of the reviews.

Other add-ons: make a list of peripherals one can expect.

You mention cheats available, but you do not list them. Would be nice to included them, maybe as a addendum in the back of the book.

84AAB23A-259F-465D-9300-3857D8A41D71.jpeg

Edited by Seob
Added info.
  • Thanks 1

I have to admit I was caught out by the green ring on the CD as well, at first I thought it was a % review of the game from yourself, but then I realised the numbers made no sense. Once I noticed the Mb number, I clocked on. I find it quite amusing as I know that Amiga games particularly are known for shovel ware that does not always take full advantage of the space, but that other consoles are also guilty of this.

A demo page at the beginning explaining everything on the page wouldn't go amiss, and obviously as the library of books builds up there will be differences from time to time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Seob said:

I have a little tip. Maybe you could add a page to explain the items i circled in the picture. Or better the full layout of the page explained. Just to get people up to speed. In the front of the book just before the alphabet listing.

Some i got after a few pages, like the green circle around the disc displaying the amount of space the game uses on the disc, and the logo’s in the bottom showing on what other systems the game is available. I know the logo’s but maybe for those not into logo’s it would be nice to add a list of logo’s and the system they represent.

But i don’t know what the little icons mean that are shown at the trivia section. Found them in the back of the book. But it would be better to put this in front of the reviews.

Other add-ons: make a list of peripherals one can expect.

You mention cheats available, but you do not list them. Would be nice to included them, maybe as a addendum in the back of the book.

84AAB23A-259F-465D-9300-3857D8A41D71.jpeg

Funny you should say that I did have at one time a layout page detailing the game page layout but I could never get it 100% perfect and yes it was going right before the contents.

And yes the 3 reasons you pointed out were the reason for it, I decided against it in the end because I couldn't justify a whole page for 1just these 3 things.

I figured the ring around the cd would be pretty self explanatory or if it didn't it stood out enough to make the reader look into it  like you guys have and quickly figured it out.

As for the icons I added a page dedicated to this in the stats section at the back to explain this, that said I could link those icons to the page in the back to take you straight there (could be done in an update).

Lastly the port logos I tried to keep as recognizable as possible, I was really close to linking those to a page on the website giving the details of each system but in the end that would have delayed the book further so I canned it, but again this could be added in an update.

Cheats, hmmm I guess time was my biggest issue here testing every cheat takes time especially for the finicky ones, as for where to put them I was going to put them in trivia if there wasn't much in there for a chosen game but then some would have it and some wouldn't and that would annoy me, pages at the back of the book isn't a bad idea though.

Thanks for the feedback it really helps, I will give it some thought and maybe add some of these for future updates to the book!

• Thanks 1