IGNORED

Drive 0 and 1 switch

Hey all,

I have my external gotek working nicely.  But I saw there is a mod to be able to switch the drive identifiers by cutting the legs of the Yamaha chip. 

Is there possibly another way of doing this that isn’t so invasive?  I know I can install a socket and accomplish it without cutting the chip but I don’t want to start to do too much to my new ste motherboard. 

I just thought I would ask. Just looking for an alternative. 

Thanks!

Looking schematic of STE - there are soldering pads W300 and W301 - left from FDC chip. But they are not for swapping A and B . Just to deactivate them by need. So, this can not be done without cutting some lines.

I think that your 31 years old STE baby will survive cutting lines between AY and floppy connector. Internal drive swap can be done by cutting lines on short floppy cable. Lines 10 and 12 need to be swappable.

Looking schematic of STE - there are soldering pads W300 and W301 - left from FDC chip. But they are not for swapping A and B . Just to deactivate them by need. So, this can not be done without cutting some lines.
I think that your 31 years old STE baby will survive cutting lines between AY and floppy connector. Internal drive swap can be done by cutting lines on short floppy cable. Lines 10 and 12 need to be swappable.

Thank you for the quick response. I think next time I get some ambition I will pull out my desoldering station and put a socket in there.

Thanks!