IGNORED

Fitting Incognito and SCCC Cards into the 800

atari1050

HI Fellow Atarians-

I am having heck of a time fitting the cables and cards into this 800. I have upgraded it with both Jurgen's and Candle's (and FlashJazzCat!) SCCC and Incognito, respectively.  I am using the internal video jack instead of putting the video cable out the back of the Atari. I have also attached the audio cable to the recommended junction, so I have 2 cables soldered to the board. While trying to work in the cartridge slots and the metal shield, I cannot them together without pinching cables.  Does anyone have any advice and preferable pictures showing how they worked those cables back into the case? 

Thanks!

Mike

Update:  Amazingly, I was able to fit everything back together without "scrunching" anything.  The trick is to route the audio cable in between the cartridges then out the right side, since there's more of it. The video cable has to be careful routed to the right of the cartridge enclosure, then while hold the board upside down make sure the cables are in the gap while putting the metal cover back on.  Also, the white and pink cables have to be gingerly pushed to the side when the metal cover is back on to make sure the screws do not hit the wires.  Tough job, but finally got it! 

atari800-Sparta.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2021 at 6:35 PM, atari1050 said:

Update:  Amazingly, I was able to fit everything back together without "scrunching" anything.  The trick is to route the audio cable in between the cartridges then out the right side, since there's more of it. The video cable has to be careful routed to the right of the cartridge enclosure, then while hold the board upside down make sure the cables are in the gap while putting the metal cover back on.  Also, the white and pink cables have to be gingerly pushed to the side when the metal cover is back on to make sure the screws do not hit the wires.  Tough job, but finally got it! 

atari800-Sparta.jpg

Any better description for that? If you were using the internal video port.. why were you using the audio cable at all? In the instructions it says to just ground out the 3 pins if you are using the internal cable?  For video cable.. did you use the original supplied shielded cable? or did you run loose wires?

James

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, 800_Rocks said:

Does the Incognito board in a 400/800 still support 4 joysticks?

It does; the information required to activate them is buried on the forum in one of the Incognito threads somewhere.

Note the Incognito cannot be installed in a 400.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1