IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

Saw this in passing..... ok so it's brand new and boxed... still  :-o

RARE Atari XC12 Data Cassette for 8bit Atari Computers - BRAND NEW

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224504400651?hash=item3445814b0b:g:0IsAAOSwvWlgz1SY

It's so new, it's got some staining on the bottom label and the book too :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thankfully, most folk looking for gear on eBay are in the know and just ignore idiotic prices, 99% of these crazy 'sales' will get relisted time after time, with zero takers. Of all the fee's that eBay has, there really needs to be a time wasters fee..

We can discuss the old what it's worth to a person thing to justify high sales price's, but by now we know that a standard auction will confirm if that is the case without stupefying the price beforehand..

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 8:01 AM, Mclaneinc said:

Thankfully, most folk looking for gear on eBay are in the know and just ignore idiotic prices, 99% of these crazy 'sales' will get relisted time after time, with zero takers. Of all the fee's that eBay has, there really needs to be a time wasters fee..

We can discuss the old what it's worth to a person thing to justify high sales price's, but by now we know that a standard auction will confirm if that is the case without stupefying the price beforehand..

Agreed. If nobody bites on stupid prices and these people relist over and over sitting on the goods they will eventually come down to earth and realize their stupidity. Or maybe not. Nobody (I hope) is going to pay nearly $200 for a cardboard box. What are these people thinking?

On 10/23/2021 at 8:31 AM, Beeblebrox said:

OMG!!!! $150... for the box only!!? That's not the worst part.... postage is $36!! ?

130XE box.jpg

........... Well good news, I haggled with the seller and not only got free postage ...but he threw in this as well..

What does egg box labelling mean?

... Downside is he said I'd have to pay extra for the eggs ... so it's just the box..... :D;):lolblue:

(;))

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I hope its eggsactly what you wanted... :)

Seriously, that money for a box...

I can just imagine if it ever was purchased at that price that the customs officer would have a right laugh and enjoy adding to the bill the customs charges for a fecking box..Lol..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I hope its eggsactly what you wanted... :)

Seriously, that money for a box...

I can just imagine if it ever was purchased at that price that the customs officer would have a right laugh and enjoy adding to the bill the customs charges for a fecking box..Lol..

@Mclaneinc   .. heh heh - and just imagine if the box was damaged in transit and the recepient tried to claim for damages! :D Anyway I'm off to buy some eggs for my egg box! :lolblue:;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mimo said:

I paid £6 for my 600XL box last year. Thought that was a bit much TBH especially as my Mrs said it has to live in the loft :D

I think she actually wants the XL and yourself to live in the loft.. It would stop you buying old machines to pile up :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I think she actually wants the XL and yourself to live in the loft.. It would stop you buying old machines to pile up :)

If I could fit a bed in there with all the tonnes of clothes that she will never wear again and 12 bin liners full of kids cuddly toys that they wont let me throw out I'd be happy to :D 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

I know, moved here in 2013, at least 15 to 20 unopened boxes in the garage, can I throw the stuff "ABSOLUTELY NOT"!!!

Yep, stuff we moved from the last house and no doubt will be moving it to whatever comes next. Still can't find my missing Atari 400 case and XEGS keyboard lost 5 years ago when we moved here though :D

It took me YEARS to get the million and one supermarket plastic bags from below the sink, "we might need them" were the words I got... We could have supplied a blooming shop with what we had.. I won that one but the soft toys and the clothing, I fear that is one war I'll never win...

• Haha 1