Jump to content
DavidMil

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Don't I know it....4hrs queuing yesterday.

I seem to be lucky, 2 garages in the village, little or no queues and both have fuel :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TGB1718 said:

I seem to be lucky, 2 garages in the village, little or no queues and both have fuel :)

 

The joys of London and it's greed filled people..

 

Most are more 'cracked' than the software on here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the tips guys.... was on my mobile and in a hurry ;)  (well that's my excuse and I'm stickin to it heh heh!)

 

So.......anyone in the market for a quality XE box over there in the States heh heh! :lolblue:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thankfully, most folk looking for gear on eBay are in the know and just ignore idiotic prices, 99% of these crazy 'sales' will get relisted time after time, with zero takers. Of all the fee's that eBay has, there really needs to be a time wasters fee..

 

We can discuss the old what it's worth to a person thing to justify high sales price's, but by now we know that a standard auction will confirm if that is the case without stupefying the price beforehand..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 8:01 AM, Mclaneinc said:

Thankfully, most folk looking for gear on eBay are in the know and just ignore idiotic prices, 99% of these crazy 'sales' will get relisted time after time, with zero takers. Of all the fee's that eBay has, there really needs to be a time wasters fee..

 

We can discuss the old what it's worth to a person thing to justify high sales price's, but by now we know that a standard auction will confirm if that is the case without stupefying the price beforehand..

 

 

Agreed. If nobody bites on stupid prices and these people relist over and over sitting on the goods they will eventually come down to earth and realize their stupidity. Or maybe not. Nobody (I hope) is going to pay nearly $200 for a cardboard box. What are these people thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 8:31 AM, Beeblebrox said:

OMG!!!! $150... for the box only!!🤔 That's not the worst part.... postage is $36!! 😁

 

130XE box.jpg

........... Well good news, I haggled with the seller and not only got free postage ...but he threw in this as well..

 

What does egg box labelling mean?

 

... Downside is he said I'd have to pay extra for the eggs ... so it's just the box..... :D;):lolblue:

 

(;))

 

 

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope its eggsactly what you wanted... :)

 

Seriously, that money for a box...

 

I can just imagine if it ever was purchased at that price that the customs officer would have a right laugh and enjoy adding to the bill the customs charges for a fecking box..Lol..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I paid £6 for my 600XL box last year. Thought that was a bit much TBH especially as my Mrs said it has to live in the loft :D

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I hope its eggsactly what you wanted... :)

 

Seriously, that money for a box...

 

I can just imagine if it ever was purchased at that price that the customs officer would have a right laugh and enjoy adding to the bill the customs charges for a fecking box..Lol..

@Mclaneinc   .. heh heh - and just imagine if the box was damaged in transit and the recepient tried to claim for damages! :D Anyway I'm off to buy some eggs for my egg box! :lolblue:;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mimo said:

I paid £6 for my 600XL box last year. Thought that was a bit much TBH especially as my Mrs said it has to live in the loft :D

 

I think she actually wants the XL and yourself to live in the loft.. It would stop you buying old machines to pile up :)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

I think she actually wants the XL and yourself to live in the loft.. It would stop you buying old machines to pile up :)

If I could fit a bed in there with all the tonnes of clothes that she will never wear again and 12 bin liners full of kids cuddly toys that they wont let me throw out I'd be happy to :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's many of us who know that situation only too well, in fact it's the current discussion here between the three of us.. Removing the clutter...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, moved here in 2013, at least 15 to 20 unopened boxes in the garage, can I throw the stuff "ABSOLUTELY NOT"!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TGB1718 said:

I know, moved here in 2013, at least 15 to 20 unopened boxes in the garage, can I throw the stuff "ABSOLUTELY NOT"!!!

Yep, stuff we moved from the last house and no doubt will be moving it to whatever comes next. Still can't find my missing Atari 400 case and XEGS keyboard lost 5 years ago when we moved here though :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took me YEARS to get the million and one supermarket plastic bags from below the sink, "we might need them" were the words I got... We could have supplied a blooming shop with what we had.. I won that one but the soft toys and the clothing, I fear that is one war I'll never win...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the stuff I can sort of understand, but Grandchildren clothes and toys from when they were 6 years old or less,

One has just started University and the other leaves school next year 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...