IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 15_ROUND 3

post-38373-0-81529100-1551454527_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC__SEASON 15__ROUND 3

(Round Over Saturday 7/31/2021) ROUND COMPLETE!

1579866638_ScreenShot2021-07-06at9_27_25AM.thumb.png.183eefd27d6748d89ae6955e71153220.png

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Fallen Angels

-Start a game of Fallen Angels with default settings.  Record and post your high-score here!

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: 

Jaguar HSC Season 15 Rules Regs and Scoring - Jaguar High Score Club - AtariAge Forums

Fallen Angels SCORES:

1. doctor_shred       114,550  +10

2. Machine              100,850   +8

3. LianneJaguar64     90,350   +6

4. Hyper_Eye            49,900   +4

5. Rick Dangerous     49,550   +2

6. Wilco                    45,950   +1

7. masematte            22,950   +1

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. masematte                       19

2. doctor_shred                    18

3. Machine                           16

4. Hyper_Eye                       13

5. Wilcol                              11

6. Cobra Kai                          6

7. LianneJaguar64                 6

8. Rick Dangerous                 5

9. jgkspsx                             2

10. Darrin9999                      1         

11. doctorclu                         1

12. Iwantgames:)                  1

13. jblenkle                           1            

14. roadrunner                      1

Edited by Rick Dangerous

As a reminder; this game is found here:

Fallen Angels - Atari Jaguar - AtariAge Forums

You can play it:

-On a Jaguar CD

-On a Emulator

-Load it to Skunkboard

-Jaguar GD

Really fun; give it a whirl!  Instructions are included with the download, but it's much more "pick up and play" than you would think. Pretty simple really. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

They do, sometimes they’ll have a regular white helmet, the only way to know for sure is to wait until they get to the ship and if you hear them knock, its regular pilot and you can let them in. 

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t apply to Ace pilots, I’ve never seen one of those be an alien. 

9 hours ago, Wilco said:

They do, sometimes they’ll have a regular white helmet, the only way to know for sure is to wait until they get to the ship and if you hear them knock, its regular pilot and you can let them in. 

I’m pretty sure that doesn’t apply to Ace pilots, I’ve never seen one of those be an alien. 

Ahhhhh clever. I assumed it was purely visual, and the gameplay was Tring to land in such a way to get a good visual. I'll try and get a run in tonight, knowing that, and see what score I can put up

• Like 1

I managed to get this working on the Jag GD with Jiffi.  I love the subtle variations in the landscapes between worlds.  I particularly like the "sandstorm" level.  Moody. 

I haven't got beyond the aliens disguised as regular pilots.  Are there any other surprises in the game?

FA01.jpg

• Like 3

Dammmmm that's a big high score. I thought I was doing well for nearly 40k. Yikes! Well, I haven't gotten as far as you have, so I don't know about any surprises, kind of hope not haha

And yeah I find this game very impressive. If I didn't know better I would have assumed this was an 'actual' Jaguar title (if you see what I mean) 

Edited by LianneJaguar64

On 7/29/2021 at 3:57 PM, LianneJaguar64 said:

Do the aliens start coming in different colours after a while? I picked up someone and I swear they were a normal pilot, unless they had a blue-tinted helmet or something. Not sure what happened there. Bummer, cos I was really in the groove

IMG_20210729_215542.jpg

Are there aliens I haven't seen? When I go to pick up a pilot and it's an alien instead they show up in front of my window screaming. Then I hit the gas and murder them.

11 hours ago, Hyper_Eye said:

Are there aliens I haven't seen? When I go to pick up a pilot and it's an alien instead they show up in front of my window screaming. Then I hit the gas and murder them.

There are aliens that appear as ordinary pilots, but they aren't. I just didn't know that you had to listen for a knock. I thought it was all visual.

9 hours ago, LianneJaguar64 said:

There are aliens that appear as ordinary pilots, but they aren't. I just didn't know that you had to listen for a knock. I thought it was all visual.

Oh ok. I read the manual and it says to wait for the knock. When they don't knock they jump in front of your ship and you can run them over. I haven't tried to open the door before the knock. I'm guessing it's bad to let an alien in.

On 8/2/2021 at 5:40 PM, Hyper_Eye said:

Oh ok. I read the manual and it says to wait for the knock. When they don't knock they jump in front of your ship and you can run them over. I haven't tried to open the door before the knock. I'm guessing it's bad to let an alien in.

Yeah it's an instant game over, as the alien rips through all the pilots in the hold, before menacingly shuffling through towards you, whilst you remain defenceless, unable to stop your inevitable demise...

Or something like that, anyway

On 8/2/2021 at 9:38 PM, Rick Dangerous said:

Nice guys! I'll get the next round up tomorrow!

Don't forget @LianneJaguar64 to type your score in your post so i don't have to memorize it from the picture, makes my life a little easier thanks! 

Sorry Rick, I'll make sure to do that from now on. As it goes, it makes no difference to the standings, but my best score was 90,XXX, instead of 50,XXX :)

Edited by LianneJaguar64
  • Like 1