IGNORED

LTO Flash Help | No detection

I was about to load some roms onto my new LTO Flash, but the GUI won't find my cartridge. I've tried two different USB cables and two different USB outlets. Nothing. My computer does, however, recognize when I unplug the LTO Flash because it makes that little chime when something is unplugged.

Also tried closing and re-opening the GUI. And finally a full computer restart. Didn't seem to help.

Edited by Intelligentleman

I've just now tried installing some additional drivers that have done the trick for some others, but I'm still not getting any response when plugging in the cart. The cart doesn't need to be plugged into an Intellivision at the same time, does it?
No it doesn't it should only be plugged into the pc.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do charging cables also have four pins in the micro USB end? I suppose if you have really fine motor skills and a multimeter with sharp prods, you could check for continuity across each of the four pins, but I realize it can be hard to reach respective pin. Perhaps if you had a standalone mating female micro USB connector that brings out the signals for easier reach. Generally I think the cables that come with (older) smartphones from the factory should be OK but perhaps third party cables only do charging.

• Like 1

It's been a bit of trial & error for me personally. The 'charging only' type looks the same as any other type in my experience, with 4 contacts visable in each end, so sometimes it's hard to tell unless you try hooking up your phone or Lto up to the computer, only to find it its 2 conductor internally. You could probe cable ends with a multimeter set on continuity too.. Whatever works for you.. I've done both. :)

Honestly, some people might be better off buying a couple new ones off Amazon, with "data" in the search field. I try to use a dedicated USB for my LTO Flash and have it set aside, labeled as such so that I don't have to go through the hassle of going through the trail & error thing. Lol

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, RetroAl said:

Arg.  Now I'm having this trouble.  As far as I can tell I only own 3 cables and I can't get any of them to work.  I've tried different ports, cables, rebooting, plugging in and then turning on GUI, the opposite etc., what am I missing?????

OK, Ignore the above post, but here's a tip for others.  I used my micro usb from my ps4 controller and it worked.

• Like 1