IGNORED

New Game: Diamond Dash 2

Under4MHZ

I know how it was. You had your faithful ColecoVision, but your best friend had a C64. He loved to rub your nose into the fact he had the latest puzzle game and you didn't. You loved your ColecoVision, but you just wished they'd released a new game for it. Well, here it is finally, 36 years too late.

screenshot1.png.4b4c449a8729a712c7ffca4736705409.png     screenshot2.png.a90202fef9540e31119ae7d350be3d79.png

screenshot3.png.c082853afe12701438a2a24cf445e316.png     screenshot4.png.5f24011e11701102440273203b90ec5f.png

Collect the coins, avoid the boulders, fireflies and butterflies. Amoebas and Magic Walls make diamonds too.

DiamondDash2-COL-1.00.zip

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

30 minutes ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Sweet! Thanks for sharing! ?

ColecoVision had Boulder Dash, available from Telegames back in the day, but it may have been a bit hard to come by. Anyways, looking forward to trying this! ?

It was always hard to come by, and IIRC the owner enforced his copyright. I know he came by my booth in a huff at CGE 2014 because he saw it playing on one of my monitors. Weird. 

Thanks for this!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Under4MHZ said:

I know how it was. You had your faithful ColecoVision, but your best friend had a C64. He loved to rub your nose into the fact he had the latest puzzle game and you didn't. You loved your ColecoVision, but you just wished they'd released a new game for it. Well, here it is finally, 36 years too late.

screenshot1.png.4b4c449a8729a712c7ffca4736705409.png     screenshot2.png.a90202fef9540e31119ae7d350be3d79.png

screenshot3.png.c082853afe12701438a2a24cf445e316.png     screenshot4.png.5f24011e11701102440273203b90ec5f.png

Collect the coins, avoid the boulders, fireflies and butterflies. Amoebas and Magic Walls make diamonds too.

DiamondDash2-COL-1.00.zip 39.93 kB · 38 downloads

The README.TXT file in the .ZIP says DOLLAR DASH 2.

Thanks for this game. I completed Boulder Dash a long time ago so I'm looking forward to this one. I like that you can choose a level to play. If I remember right, you had to start from scratch when you died in Boulder Dash. Took forever to complete Boulder Dash for me. I also completed your Pitman recently. Great game and thanks for that one too.

14 hours ago, Kamshaft said:

I've added (I think) all your games to the cvaddict.com database. https://cvaddict.com/publisher.php?publisherid=44

Let me know if I've missed any.  I'll be honest, I think you hold the record for releasing the most homebrew games in one year, and there's five months left to go!

Keep up the good work!

You missed ArnoDash v1.02.

1 hour ago, Lucky Man said:

Are those working for you? I just get massively corrupted graphics on both using the Atarimax.

Ah you're right.  I had only played these on CoolCV where they work fine but just tested them out on my AtariMax and yes they both have corrupted graphics.  Might be worth posting this problem in the relevant game threads and hopefully Under4MHZ can fix the issue.

On 7/7/2021 at 6:26 AM, Kamshaft said:

I've added (I think) all your games to the cvaddict.com database. https://cvaddict.com/publisher.php?publisherid=44

Let me know if I've missed any.  I'll be honest, I think you hold the record for releasing the most homebrew games in one year, and there's five months left to go!

Keep up the good work!

Arno Dash, Gerbils, Pegged and Vexed are missing, so the incredible total of 11 games developed/released in 5 months!!!

13 hours ago, Under4MHZ said:

Can you give these a try? I've fixed a number of issues in my libraries since I released these, and hopefully that'll fix the problems you're seeing.

Please let me know if there's still an issue and I'll look into it.

Yep. Those work perfectly. Thanks again!

8 hours ago, Lucky Man said:

Yep. Those work perfectly. Thanks again!

Same here - the graphical corruption is gone.

One thing though is that in Vexed the cursor moves really fast sometimes making single cell movements very difficult, possibly oversensitive to the joystick?

On 7/9/2021 at 6:29 PM, zyzzle said:

One question about Diamond Dash 2: You say each level has 5 difficulties, but can these be selected like the individual levels, up to Level O can? I couldn't figure out what "5 levels of difficulty" means? Please explain, if you have time.

Sorry, that text shouldn't be there. That's an old entry based on an old plan that I mistakenly left in the text.

10 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

One thing though is that in Vexed the cursor moves really fast sometimes making single cell movements very difficult, possibly oversensitive to the joystick?

Can you try these? I've upped the first move delay a little, but if it's not enough I can increase it.

Pegged-COL-1.02.zip Vexed-COL-1.02.zip

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Under4MHZ said:

Can you try these? I've upped the first move delay a little, but if it's not enough I can increase it.

Pegged-COL-1.02.zip 16.19 kB · 7 downloads Vexed-COL-1.02.zip 22.13 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks for the quick updates.  Unfortunately, with Vexed I'm still experiencing jumps when moving the cursor right, and to a much lesser extent when moving it up.  No problems when moving it left or down.  Tested using a stock NTSC CV and two different controllers.

Also unfortunately Pegged 1.02 seems to be worse than 1.01.

Thinking this might be a dodgy controller I also double-checked it playing Diamond Dash 2, by simply moving the character one square at a time and it works perfectly.

The issue with Pegged and Vexed only occurs when trying to move the cursor one place and it instead jumps multiple places.  Holding the joystick in a direction and the cursor moves nicely from one place to the next.

On 7/8/2021 at 11:14 PM, NIAD said:

Arno Dash, Gerbils, Pegged and Vexed are missing, so the incredible total of 11 games developed/released in 5 months!!!

Gerbils is a demo right?  I'd rather only put full finished homebrews if possible.

I've added all the other games, and thanks for the heads up!

12 hours ago, Under4MHZ said:

Thanks again for your feedback. It was very helpful. Could you try these for me? Let me know if it's still not right. I'm happy to keep iterating until it works properly.

Pegged-COL-1.03.zip 16.36 kB · 5 downloads Vexed-COL-1.03.zip 22.27 kB · 5 downloads

Mahjong and Klondike experience the same fast cursor/highlighter movement as Ikrananka has described for some of your other games. In an emulator, the movement is a lot better, but on a real ColecoVision and ADAM Computer, it can become very frustrating to control movement.

Thank You for following up on some of the little issues in your other games not to mention releasing freely so many great games!