IGNORED

Crazy offer Accepted on Up n Down box Lot. No me.

hhwolfman

Wow.  Unfortunately, for certain titles there are collectors out there that have no limit on spending.  Literally whatever it takes they’ll pay to get it without hesitation.  For these types of games you have to hope they already have a copy or there’s a reasonable BIN that you’re lucky enough to stumble on first.  Most of us will end up doing without.  

34 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Wow.  Unfortunately, for certain titles there are collectors out there that have no limit on spending.  Literally whatever it takes they’ll pay to get it without hesitation.  For these types of games you have to hope they already have a copy or there’s a reasonable BIN that you’re lucky enough to stumble on first.  Most of us will end up doing without.  

I am capable of paying this amount, but I set a limit of what I think is the value. I thought the auction was worth around $1100.00  I had $1150.00 waiting to snipe. I see these, make offers on the Auctions, come into play now. Different world in collecting now a days. 

13 hours ago, hhwolfman said:

I am capable of paying this amount, but I set a limit of what I think is the value. I thought the auction was worth around $1100.00  I had $1150.00 waiting to snipe. I see these, make offers on the Auctions, come into play now. Different world in collecting now a days. 

As well here. Though I just don't believe these are worth that much. IDK, maybe I'm mistaken

3 hours ago, Keatah said:

As well here. Though I just don't believe these are worth that much. IDK, maybe I'm mistaken

Do you have in R7's are above, CIB, you would like to sell me? I pay fast. Ask CPUWIZ. ?

Edited by hhwolfman

On 7/7/2021 at 3:12 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Any idea what this lot sold for?

I never knew Columbia had a Software Club...  I assume like the CD and movie clubs where get a certain amount for 'a penny' and then have to buy a certain amount at full price over the next year or two?   I probably would have tried to convince my parents to join that if I had known about it...  :)

As for price, as far as eBay is concerned, it sold for the BIN listed in the auction...  It doesn't look to be a 'best offer accepted'...

9 hours ago, hhwolfman said:

Sold for $1500. I don't know how they did an offer with an auction that already had bids. 

It looks like someone got nervous as the bid approached the buy it now price? This was a not so crazy auction and if I needed it I would have hit the buy it now quickly the box is really rare.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

It looks like someone got nervous as the bid approached the buy it now price? This was a not so crazy auction and if I needed it I would have hit the buy it now quickly the box is really rare.

There was not a BIN on it. I thought once the auction was bid.on, the seller couldn't add a BIN

36 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yes.  eBay auctions can have a BIN.

So even though it started out as an auction without a bin you can add it anytime during a running auction or does eBay let you send a bin to just the individual that contacts them in the middle for more than what’s currently bid. In this case I think there was a $1,100 bid before an offer was sent or a bin added. I didn’t see the listing.

32 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

So even though it started out as an auction without a bin you can add it anytime during a running auction or does eBay let you send a bin to just the individual that contacts them in the middle for more than what’s currently bid. In this case I think there was a $1,100 bid before an offer was sent or a bin added. I didn’t see the listing.

If the BIN is higher than the current bid, then it is available.  I have seen plenty of these auctions (I think I actually have one in my watch list.)  To your specifics, I am pretty certain eBay does not allow adding a BIN after the auction has bids (it restricts a LOT of changes after the first bid.  Also, I do not think you can send a BIN offer to someone unless a BIN is already in place.  Seems kind of strange, here.

32 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

If the BIN is higher than the current bid, then it is available.  I have seen plenty of these auctions (I think I actually have one in my watch list.)  To your specifics, I am pretty certain eBay does not allow adding a BIN after the auction has bids (it restricts a LOT of changes after the first bid.  Also, I do not think you can send a BIN offer to someone unless a BIN is already in place.  Seems kind of strange, here.

So it looks as if this was a skinwalker ranch type auction.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

This is what I am saying. It did not have a BIN. Just bids. I checked it a couple days later and it had been won with a BIN. Just never seen that before. 

32 minutes ago, hhwolfman said:

This is what I am saying. It did not have a BIN. Just bids. I checked it a couple days later and it had been won with a BIN. Just never seen that before. 

Yeah, definitely sounds odd.