Jump to content
hhwolfman

Crazy offer Accepted on Up n Down box Lot. No me.

Recommended Posts

Wow.  Unfortunately, for certain titles there are collectors out there that have no limit on spending.  Literally whatever it takes they’ll pay to get it without hesitation.  For these types of games you have to hope they already have a copy or there’s a reasonable BIN that you’re lucky enough to stumble on first.  Most of us will end up doing without.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Wow.  Unfortunately, for certain titles there are collectors out there that have no limit on spending.  Literally whatever it takes they’ll pay to get it without hesitation.  For these types of games you have to hope they already have a copy or there’s a reasonable BIN that you’re lucky enough to stumble on first.  Most of us will end up doing without.  

I am capable of paying this amount, but I set a limit of what I think is the value. I thought the auction was worth around $1100.00  I had $1150.00 waiting to snipe. I see these, make offers on the Auctions, come into play now. Different world in collecting now a days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least the buyer got a few other rare boxes. Doesn't AA have a unofficial rule to wait a few days to post completed listings?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, roadrunner said:

At least the buyer got a few other rare boxes. Doesn't AA have a unofficial rule to wait a few days to post completed listings?

 

Been here since 03 never heard of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hhwolfman said:

Been here since 03 never heard of it. 



I think someone here once got upset with me because i posted something that ended the same day.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roadrunner said:



I think someone here once got upset with me because i posted something that ended the same day.

 

I know, no one likes members to post hidden running auctions. 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hhwolfman said:

I am capable of paying this amount, but I set a limit of what I think is the value. I thought the auction was worth around $1100.00  I had $1150.00 waiting to snipe. I see these, make offers on the Auctions, come into play now. Different world in collecting now a days. 

 

As well here. Though I just don't believe these are worth that much. IDK, maybe I'm mistaken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Keatah said:

 

As well here. Though I just don't believe these are worth that much. IDK, maybe I'm mistaken

Do you have in R7's are above, CIB, you would like to sell me? I pay fast. Ask CPUWIZ. 😁

Edited by hhwolfman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hhwolfman said:

Do you have in R7's are above, CIB, you would like to sell me? I pay fast. Ask CPUWIZ. 😁

I've long ago left the cartridge/console collecting gig. It's strictly emulation except for Apple II and PC. Sorry bud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Keatah said:

I've long ago left the cartridge/console collecting gig. It's strictly emulation except for Apple II and PC. Sorry bud.

😪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was just too much time and space consuming. Kept getting outta hand. I do maintain an interest and all of this is cool as long as it's someone else's material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 3:12 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Wow.  Unfortunately, for certain titles there are collectors out there that have no limit on spending.  Literally whatever it takes they’ll pay to get it without hesitation.  For these types of games you have to hope they already have a copy or there’s a reasonable BIN that you’re lucky enough to stumble on first.  Most of us will end up doing without.  

Any idea what this lot sold for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never knew Columbia had a Software Club...  I assume like the CD and movie clubs where get a certain amount for 'a penny' and then have to buy a certain amount at full price over the next year or two?   I probably would have tried to convince my parents to join that if I had known about it...  :)

 

As for price, as far as eBay is concerned, it sold for the BIN listed in the auction...  It doesn't look to be a 'best offer accepted'...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Captain_Combat said:

Any idea what this lot sold for?

Sold for $1500. I don't know how they did an offer with an auction that already had bids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hhwolfman said:

Sold for $1500. I don't know how they did an offer with an auction that already had bids. 

It looks like someone got nervous as the bid approached the buy it now price? This was a not so crazy auction and if I needed it I would have hit the buy it now quickly the box is really rare.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

It looks like someone got nervous as the bid approached the buy it now price? This was a not so crazy auction and if I needed it I would have hit the buy it now quickly the box is really rare.

There was not a BIN on it. I thought once the auction was bid.on, the seller couldn't add a BIN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hhwolfman said:

There was not a BIN on it. I thought once the auction was bid.on, the seller couldn't add a BIN

That’s really weird then. How can they randomly add a bin while the auction still running with bids? Plus if you’re not looking at the right time you won’t get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

It looks like someone made the seller an offer while the auction was running and eBay let’s you add a bin anytime now?

Yes.  eBay auctions can have a BIN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Yes.  eBay auctions can have a BIN.

So even though it started out as an auction without a bin you can add it anytime during a running auction or does eBay let you send a bin to just the individual that contacts them in the middle for more than what’s currently bid. In this case I think there was a $1,100 bid before an offer was sent or a bin added. I didn’t see the listing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Captain_Combat said:

So even though it started out as an auction without a bin you can add it anytime during a running auction or does eBay let you send a bin to just the individual that contacts them in the middle for more than what’s currently bid. In this case I think there was a $1,100 bid before an offer was sent or a bin added. I didn’t see the listing.

If the BIN is higher than the current bid, then it is available.  I have seen plenty of these auctions (I think I actually have one in my watch list.)  To your specifics, I am pretty certain eBay does not allow adding a BIN after the auction has bids (it restricts a LOT of changes after the first bid.  Also, I do not think you can send a BIN offer to someone unless a BIN is already in place.  Seems kind of strange, here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

If the BIN is higher than the current bid, then it is available.  I have seen plenty of these auctions (I think I actually have one in my watch list.)  To your specifics, I am pretty certain eBay does not allow adding a BIN after the auction has bids (it restricts a LOT of changes after the first bid.  Also, I do not think you can send a BIN offer to someone unless a BIN is already in place.  Seems kind of strange, here.

So it looks as if this was a skinwalker ranch type auction.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

If the BIN is higher than the current bid, then it is available.  I have seen plenty of these auctions (I think I actually have one in my watch list.)  To your specifics, I am pretty certain eBay does not allow adding a BIN after the auction has bids (it restricts a LOT of changes after the first bid.  Also, I do not think you can send a BIN offer to someone unless a BIN is already in place.  Seems kind of strange, here.

This is what I am saying. It did not have a BIN. Just bids. I checked it a couple days later and it had been won with a BIN. Just never seen that before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, hhwolfman said:

This is what I am saying. It did not have a BIN. Just bids. I checked it a couple days later and it had been won with a BIN. Just never seen that before. 

Yeah, definitely sounds odd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...