IGNORED

Antarctic Tales and Fantasy digital sale

image.thumb.png.a853b933cc108559eea4673521cc8af0.png

The Antarctic Tales Digital Bundle is now available, and includes the following:

• Game rom (unencrypted, so you can play it on your LTO Flash, CC3, emulators, anywhere!)
  • Both Enhanced Edition and original roms are included. The latter is the one previously sold in cartridges.
  • Box, manual and overlay scans
  • Bonus content: prototype roms, work in progress videos, draft box art, various assets, and much more. 

The bundle includes the previously unreleased Enhanced Edition rom. 

A worthy upgrade even if you already got the cartridge with the original version.
... and a great starting point if you haven't played the game yet!

Features: 

• Improved handling with automatic jumping (no more sore fingers!) and slower, more manageable speed.
  • Difficulty was re-balanced and fine tuned, making for an enjoyable game each time.
  • Visual improvements.
  • Additional songs included.
  • ... and much more!

This is the definitive version of the game. Only available digitally at the moment.

Price: USD $10 + PayPal fees

And now, for some great news... courtesy of Dr Ports.

image.png.c7b945366cd3c440c7cb89f4a534e533.png

Dr Ports was encouraged by the support to the H.E.L.I. rom release, and would like to give the same treatment to Fantasy.

Includes unencrypted rom (can be used in emulators), manual, overlay and box scans.

And if the above was not enough, just a friendly reminder that the H.E.L.I. digital sale continues to happen!

image.png.54ce81f2b4f29bae6eacef52c724b0b8.png

Includes unencrypted rom (can be used in emulators), manual, overlay, box scans, bonus and prototype content.

Fans of digital releases, rejoice! This is a great time!

Glad to see Dr Ports joining the movement and thinking outside the box ?

Please send me a private message if interested in ANY of the games above.

As a courtesy, I will consolidate and forward the list of people interested in Fantasy to Dr Ports.

I will handle Antarctic Tales and H.E.L.I. directly.

Thank you

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Very glad I bought this! I've been playing this for a bit and it's definitely an improvement, not that the original was any slouch. I like how the difficulty slowly ramps up on this enhanced version, plus the additional colors & new music is truly awesome! Thanks again for offering a digital bundle! ?

This has been my best play-through yet! :)

20210708_151418.thumb.jpg.8ecb3e0033878e3b11df27c713da4b52.jpg

20210708_151451.thumb.jpg.fcd0b73fe4e9bfd5a9724aa32c6fa838.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cmadruga said:

Nothing like songs from the 80's!

I just learned that Estudiantina (by Paul Lacome, arranged by Emile Waldteufel) actually is just as fitting as the Skater's waltz for this game, since Estudiantina was on the repertoire of the orchestra playing on ... wait for it ... Titanic when it sunk. ?

Wikipedia also notes that was used in a commercial for Rheingold Beer (1883-1976, revived in 1998).

Edited by carlsson

3 hours ago, cmadruga said:

Great score! Thanks for posting!

How do you like the auto-jump functionality and the speed in this version?

BTW I love the LED lights in your console!

It's great! The auto jump comes in handy at times, but I usually just press a button. The speed is easier to control, for sure. Good improvement overall! ?

Thanks! Blue LEDs were all the rage a few years ago.. Guess I got a bit carried away. ? Also, the LTO Flash has a couple spots for LED's and resistors on the PCB, so I figured I'd take advantage of it. It's kind of shame they didn't come that way though.

1 hour ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Hope you don't run out of the digital version of AA.  I will place an order next week.  Already blown through my retro budget this month.  Damn TG-16 games.

If I don't spend money on flowers for my mother's birthday then .... Hmmm!

Why flowers when you can gift her a copy of Antarctic Tales as well?

Let's do our part to bring back family gaming and couch co-op through the Intellivision.

Edited by cmadruga
  • Like 3

An update on Fantasy:

The cutoff for getting your name on the list to get Fantasy is July 15th.

Idea is to invoice the entire list of interested buyers in one shot.

You can communicate your interest either here or over at Facebook, either way is fine.

Don't miss out! ?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I purchased the CIB Fantasy game but I wont purchase the rom and put it on the LTO flash as it is an IP violation which Left Turn only strongly disproves of and prohibits.

Your CIB copy of Fantasy is on an LTO cartridge, right? I don't see the difference.

How do you feel about Antarctic Tales and H.E.L.I.? Regardless of the titles, they're clones, just like many homebrew games. Do you put those on your LTO Flash?

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I purchased the CIB Fantasy game but I wont purchase the rom and put it on the LTO flash as it is an IP violation which Left Turn only strongly disproves of and prohibits.

Confused here: isn't that exactly the opposite of what the cart was made for?  What gives you the impression Left Turn "disapproves" (I think you meant) of adding purchased ROMS to the LTO?  Maybe I missed something.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mthompson said:

Your CIB copy of Fantasy is on an LTO cartridge, right? I don't see the difference.

How do you feel about Antarctic Tales and H.E.L.I.? Regardless of the titles, they're clones, just like many homebrew games. Do you put those on your LTO Flash?

Actually, Heli and AT are clones and may or may not bear any resemblance to any pre-existing games. ????

Same as Astrosmash, and Space Armada. They are CLONES for lack of a better word. 

Games like MY own DK Jr, Jr Pac, and other recent releases like Fantasy, Wizard of Wor etc etc, are CLEAR Copyright IP violations. 

Maybe we should start a new copyright IP violation thread to further discuss and not derail Cmadruga sale thread.   

Hopefully a mod will be along shortly and erase this mess. 

Thanks in advance mystery mod. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mthompson said:

23 minutes ago, Rev said:

Actually, Heli and AT are clones and may or may not bear any resemblance to any pre-existing games. ????

Same as Astrosmash, and Space Armada. They are CLONES for lack of a better word. 

Games like MY own DK Jr, Jr Pac, and other recent releases like Fantasy, Wizard of Wor etc etc, are CLEAR Copyright IP violations. 

Maybe we should start a new copyright IP violation thread to further discuss and not derail Cmadruga sale thread.   

Hopefully a mod will be along shortly and erase this mess. 

Thanks in advance mystery mod. 

I think Rev answered it perfectly well here!

• Like 1