IGNORED

About "Blockade Runner and Sewer Sam" Interphase

I ask you if what I showed in my photo below is interpreted correctly.

Interphase.thumb.jpg.d431a7a8e734142467d0049dd3c75962.jpg

The first release of the two games were with color booklets, overlays and cartridge with artwork.

Later, to save money, they were marketed with black & white booklets, removing overlays, and with the cartridge only text without artwork.

Is my statement correct?

Or were the cartridge without artwork also placed in the boxes with color booklets and overlays?  ..... or the cartridge with artworks also placed in the box with b&w booklets?

• Like 6

Both copies with text label I have (SS and BR) came with the b&w manual and without overlays.

But I also found copies with labels with artwork, b&w manual and without overlays.

Though, all the copies with artwork on label and full color manual I found came with overlays.

Obviously, I can't be 100% sure the copies I found weren't assembled by the sellers (although I remember I bought the Interphase games with text label from the first owner many years ago) and what I've just said shouldn't be considered as an incontrovertible truth.

Just my 2 eurocents

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In my opinion the first run is: picture label cartridge, overlays, color manual.

Later on they mixed just what they had at hand. 

Also the boxes were slightly different. Cart holder in the middle and at the side.

IMG_0376.thumb.jpeg.6c7a50f5f01a1235db246b3d2e8924ad.jpeg

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cmart604 said:

Somehow I haven't been able to find the text label white and green Blockade Runner if anyone happens to have one to sell/trade. 

Let me translate this….He means…

I can’t find the white/green cart for Blockade Runner in the immense lots of boxed intellivision games i have in storage…can I buy another one so I don’t have to look for it? It could take a while…

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

12 hours ago, Intymike said:

In my opinion the first run is: picture label cartridge, overlays, color manual.

Later on they mixed just what they had at hand. 

Also the boxes were slightly different. Cart holder in the middle and at the side.

IMG_0376.thumb.jpeg.6c7a50f5f01a1235db246b3d2e8924ad.jpeg

Thanks for the answer and  the photo with position of cartridge in the box.

It's true,  I checked my boxes,   I hadn't paid attention to this detail.  

Today I picked-up a copy of Blockade Runner and it came with a French manual that I have never seen before.  It is slightly bigger than the English manual and it uses the box art on the cover, but other than that it appears to be an exact copy, just with the text translated. It is the same accordion style as the English manual.

I bought the item from Quebec, so it seems possible that they made a French-only manual just for the copies sold in Quebec but since I couldn't find any examples of this on the web, I thought I'd check with the experts.  Has anyone seen this manual before?

BR99.thumb.jpg.0e41e003d0aaff0be8a2eb4b9cffcc67.jpg

BR8.thumb.jpg.305ea4abd9d7212d414d067ff175dda7.jpgBR9.thumb.jpg.a3d1e4ef9aad431851772e865932467d.jpg

BR5.thumb.jpg.7ce5f20dc3db7badee7a6be7a2fbc1b4.jpgBR6.thumb.jpg.8de343c24b37fa82f801b020302aec9c.jpg

2 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

I think the french versions they shrinkwrapped with that manual between the box and the shrinkwrap, so it looked like a french only box.

Luc and Chris have been digging into these lately, they can confirm

Ah, that makes perfect sense as to why the manual is bigger and is a copy of the box cover!  Still fits inside the box, which is nice.  Thank-you!

8 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

Luc and Chris have been digging into these lately, they can confirm

Are they trying to hunt down the guy who made the Interphase games (since he was here in Vancouver at the time) so they can buy his remaining inventory of mint condition boxes, manual variants and marketing material? 

Actually, I'd be shocked if they hadn't already tried to contact him for just this reason...

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Wow, first time I have seen those.  I had to do some research which led me to the repro boxes of these on eBay, which led me to this thread:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/269782-intellivision-interplay-repro-boxes/#comments

@cmart604 - So what's the deal with the carts?  Are they functional prototypes as well?

Last time I checked. I think they're early reviewer copies 

• Like 1

@Bigdumer,

Yeah, they are the FC copies. Manual was shrinkwrapped on the back of the game box. The FC editions are identified by three things. The French manual, a French sticker on the spine of the box that has French wordings, and a white round sticker on the front cover with bilingual verbiage. 

Another title added to my French Canadian check list. Blockade Runner and Sewer Sam. 

Nice find!

Edited by Kamikazi26
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kamikazi26 said:

@Bigdumer,

Yeah, they are the FC copies. Manual was shrinkwrapped on the back of the game box. The FC editions are identified by three things. The French manual, a French sticker on the spine of the box that has French wordings, and a white round sticker on the front cover with bilingual verbiage. 

Another title added to my French Canadian check list. Blockade Runner and Sewer Sam. 

Nice find!

Thanks for info, Luc!

I didn't even notice the French sticker on the spine ("Une aventure video INTERPHASE")!  Mine also has the "Made Right Here in Canada" white sticker on the front.  Huh.  Great.  I have previously refused to accept these Canadian "Sticker" variants (like the Activision ones) but now that I have one, I may have to accept my fate and add them all to my list.

Can you confirm that Sewer Sam has a similar French Canadian variant?

17 minutes ago, BigDumer said:

Thanks for info, Luc!

I didn't even notice the French sticker on the spine ("Une aventure video INTERPHASE")!  Mine also has the "Made Right Here in Canada" white sticker on the front.  Huh.  Great.  I have previously refused to accept these Canadian "Sticker" variants (like the Activision ones) but now that I have one, I may have to accept my fate and add them all to my list.

Can you confirm that Sewer Sam has a similar French Canadian variant?

Yes I can confirm. I have seen them both. 
CMart has both FC versions still in shrink wrap. I only have the FC Blockade Runner in shrink. 

sticker. Variants are awesome!?

• Like 2