IGNORED

Rollerpede: Current overlays vs artistically enhanced

Swami

What I think about the current overlays:  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What I think about the current overlays:

• I like the current ones a lot
    • The current ones are good enough, don't add a couple dollar to price for artistic tweaking
    • I'd prefer to have artistic tweaking and add a couple dollars to price
    • I don't like these, please have them artistically tweaked and add a couple dollars to price (please post what should be changed about mushrooms and text/numbers)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hi all, So I posted this a week ago to let folks see what we had for Rollerpede controller overlays. As something of a perfectionist, I'd mentioned to Cote Gamers if they looked good enough and they'd said they didn't know, but could have a graphical artist try to spruce it up a bit, such as the mushroom and text, I believe, but it would add a couple bucks to the currently planned 60 euros (US$70) per game, which would include big box version, special arcade overview booklet, poster, fridge magnet and cartridge. We couldn't decide, so, they wanted me to ask you all what you think, so I've posted a poll. If you are interested in buying please respond. Current overlay samples below. I know alignment may need some final adjustments, so that is not currently in question.

As shown on the overlays, on the first screen, you will have a choice between standard and vector graphics (a hack by slydc), as well as three different trackball sensitivities. There will also be the four difficulty levels four one or two players by choosing 1-8 on the next screen. 

rollerpede_overlay_RC1.png

Personally, I like the mushrooms, text and numbers.  However, the very busy art background does appear to make the white text difficult to read even with the black outline.

Also, is there not meant to be any text above the numbers 4, 5 and 6 on the first overlay?

4 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

Personally, I like the mushrooms, text and numbers.  However, the very busy art background does appear to make the white text difficult to read even with the black outline.

Also, is there not meant to be any text above the numbers 4, 5 and 6 on the first overlay?

Thanks. The vector hack speed text for 4-6 got missed on this revision. I decided to make the mushrooms smaller in this revision, to make things less crowded, so, I could make the text clearer and/or tweak the background contrast.