Jump to content
Vocelli

Season 11 ~ Week 23 ~ Beat The Leaders 1

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Week 23

Dragonfire

 

 Dragonfire - Screenshot

 

 

 

CLARIFICATION: No use of CHEATS, emulation advantages, bugs, cart frying or other variables that gives you an unfair advantage in this HSC. Please assume you have to follow the game difficulty and mode for the playing week/s. There cannot be any game enhancements or favorite settings to play in the 2600 HSC, unless you are given authorization to do so by your humble yet strict MODERATOR! Vocelli

 

Dragonfire 

Released By:  Imagic

Left Difficulty: B

Right Difficulty: B

Game Mode: Game 1 

 

 

Post your scores right here in this thread, and we will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else.

The deadline for posting scores is Midnight (EST) the evening of July 18, 2021

 

Bonus:

BONUS: BEAT THE LEADERS!

For Players who are NOT in the Top 24 (25th Place and lower)

(Standings after the Paddle Weeks)

Get +10 Bonus Points for finishing in the Top 24 this week!

Get +5 More for finishing Top 8!

+15 Bonus Points Total Possible

 

For Players in 9 – 24th Place  (Standings after the Paddle weeks)

Get +10 Bonus Points for finishing Top 8 this week

Get an extra +5 for finishing Top 3

+15 Bonus Points Total Possible

 

 

For Players in the Top 8

Get +10 Bonus Points for Finishing Top 3

Get a Bonus +5 for finishing FIRST!

+15 Bonus Points Total Possible

 

 

 

 

Dragonfire Scores

 

300590 - BotBird (+50) (+15)

  23580 - ZilchSr (+49) (+10)

  17490 - Nads (+48) (+15)

  16820 - Kermit (+47)

  14290 - Evandro (+46)(+10)

  13620 - Keilbaca (+45)(+10)

  13030 - Vocelli (+44)

  12490 - LaurenTyler (+1) (+43)(+10)

 

  11600 - McCallister (+42) (+10)

  11420 - MoisesTuseto (+41)

  11330 - GBAG (+40)

  10360 - ClassicGamer (+39)(+10)

    9250 - JasonAtari (+38)

    9080 - ToileTunes (+37)

    9070 - TheActivisionary (+36)

    8570 - AtariSphinx (+35)

    8340 - IsaiahAustin (+1) (+34)

    8150 - MrTrust (+33)

    7970 - Mchetzel (+32)

    7880 - DrMooCowz (+31)

    7530 - FakeCortex (+30)

    7420 - Krytol (+29) (+10)

    7230 - DomBradley (+28)

    7190 - OyamaFamily (+27)

 

    7180 - JasonHRB (+26)

    6870 - JacobZu7Zu7 (+25)

    6670 - RGC (+24)

    6120 - Atarian7 (+23)

    6090 - Maloff (+22)

    4020 - 5x7 (+21)

    3920 - AGB (+20)

    3810 - Atari_Warlord (+19)

    3740 - RoadRunner (+18)

    3560 - RaymanC (+17)

    1830 - RogerPoco (+16)

  

 Overall Standings

 

 

 Possible GOLD MEDAL Bracket Players

1398     Kermit
1336     ZilchSr
1306     AtariSphinx
1193     GBAG
1148     JasonHRB
1076     JasonAtari
1069     Toiletunes
1056     Vocelli

 

Possible SILVER MEDAL Bracket Players

1028     RogerPoco
1025     IsaiahAustin
996     Evandro
963     OyamaFamily
932     TheActivisionary
906     Maloff
902     DomBradley
880     RaymanC

 

Possible BRONZE MEDAL Bracket Players

843     FakeCortex
831     Dr Moocowz
829     Mchetzel
799     LaurenTyler
799     MoisesTuseto
796     MrTrust
774     Keilbaca
692     5x7

 

Possible PAPER MEDAL Bracket Players 

675     Atari_Warlord
654     RGC
653     JacobZu7Zu7
645     GType
617     RetroBreakout
579     Atarian7
547     McCallister
527     ClassicGamer

 

On the Outside Looking in:

521     Nads
500     AGB
460     Roadrunner
403     CwieLand
288     Nester
278     Jblenkle
237     Nebulus
232     SpaceyInvader
216     HankReardon
215     AtariWarlord
212     Krytol
171     Capitain Classic
171     SneakyTurtleEgg
138     SBAZ
130     MangiaBoy
120     ZeroPageHomebrewJames
109     Karokoenig
96     RedMiller
86     SkippyBCoyote
84     ZeroPageHomebrewTanya
80     Deteacher
78     JeremiahK
58     CaptainKiwi
55     PixelStuff
52     BotBird
48     ThomasJentsch
46     ChuckDHead
37     Lord Innit
31     NamcoPlayer

 

 

Season 11 will have:

~ LAST WEEK!!! Beat the leader week

This Season will last  24 weeks and have 28+ Games.

The Season will end at the end of July.

The TOP 32 will qualify for the Medal Bracket Challenge which will include a special Paper Medal Bracket Knockout Tourney.

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a leeching prohibition on this title this week? Pretty much any score over 16K-18K will have at the very least significant unintentional leeching involved, and anything over 20K-22K will certainly have intentional leeching, and a lot of it. Im okay with either, I just figured it would be good to know what will be allowed, and play accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ZilchSr said:

Is there a leeching prohibition on this title this week? Pretty much any score over 16K-18K will have at the very least significant unintentional leeching involved, and anything over 20K-22K will certainly have intentional leeching, and a lot of it. Im okay with either, I just figured it would be good to know what will be allowed, and play accordingly.

This game is new to me, but when trying it out tonight, I'm under the impression that the intentional leeching is accomplished by purposely not picking up the beasties in the earlier rounds so you can continuously blast away the meteors before the game speeds up.  Is this the leeching method you're referring to?

 

If so, count me as a "No" vote.

 

This would be a very tedious way to run up your score and clearly is not how the game was intended to be played.  There appears to be no limit to the amount of points that can be accumulated in this manner since firing a shot costs one fuel unit, but you get it back when blasting a meteor.  As long as you're good enough to never waste a fuel unit by firing an unneeded shot, there is no limit to the amount of points that can be accumulated.  I would argue that it doesn't take much skill to avoid wasting shots, and even if you do waste a shot periodically, you'd have to miss dozens of times before needing to worry about running out of fuel.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZilchSr said:

Is there a leeching prohibition on this title this week? Pretty much any score over 16K-18K will have at the very least significant unintentional leeching involved, and anything over 20K-22K will certainly have intentional leeching, and a lot of it. Im okay with either, I just figured it would be good to know what will be allowed, and play accordingly.

Yeah probably should just pick another game

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me think about what to do. 

 

I will let everyone know later on this afternoon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok..... decision is made.

Cosmic Ark will NOT be played for Week 23.

Nads convinced me to change the game (which I rarely ever do).

 

Sticking with this seasons featured company....  The Game is now Dragonfire.

 

I am also giving both LaurenTyler and IsaiahAustin +1 Bonus point for posting scores early.

 

Thanks for understanding... Enjoy!

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so so happy it is dragonfire haha I missed it earlier this season and hopefully I can make a new record.

 

I was about to suggest that we play cosmic ark game 4, since that game is so difficult that it makes it so that you can’t get past the 2nd or 3rd planet, which makes it so that you kinda have to leech, however you won’t be able to play it for hours because you’ll die so quickly. Just putting that thought out there in case we can’t do dragonfire for the 2nd time in the same season. But if we are doing dragonfire I am beyond excited!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JasonHRB... we did not do Dragonfire earlier this season.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, kermit73 said:

This game is new to me, but when trying it out tonight, I'm under the impression that the intentional leeching is accomplished by purposely not picking up the beasties in the earlier rounds so you can continuously blast away the meteors before the game speeds up.  Is this the leeching method you're referring to?

 

If so, count me as a "No" vote.

 

This would be a very tedious way to run up your score and clearly is not how the game was intended to be played.  There appears to be no limit to the amount of points that can be accumulated in this manner since firing a shot costs one fuel unit, but you get it back when blasting a meteor.  As long as you're good enough to never waste a fuel unit by firing an unneeded shot, there is no limit to the amount of points that can be accumulated.  I would argue that it doesn't take much skill to avoid wasting shots, and even if you do waste a shot periodically, you'd have to miss dozens of times before needing to worry about running out of fuel.

Exactly. I know this game has been played in the HSC in the past, and the result in that HSC has had some pretty long-lasting negative manifestations both here and elsewhere, bleeding through to other high score communities outside of AtartiAge, unfortunately. I think Vocelli made the right decision by switching to Dragonfire, even though I suck at it LOL

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Botbird208 said:

I am so so happy it is dragonfire haha I missed it earlier this season and hopefully I can make a new record.

 

I was about to suggest that we play cosmic ark game 4, since that game is so difficult that it makes it so that you can’t get past the 2nd or 3rd planet, which makes it so that you kinda have to leech, however you won’t be able to play it for hours because you’ll die so quickly. Just putting that thought out there in case we can’t do dragonfire for the 2nd time in the same season. But if we are doing dragonfire I am beyond excited!

Actually I have your video in my LIKED videos in my YouTube.

 

It is a superb run!! Would love to see top that!


Go for it and Good luck!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I now remember why I stopped playing Atari 5ish years ago... because every damn controller I bought broke!

 

On this game I made it to about 60k after losing 2 lives, but then the upper left position on my star fighter stopped working, and the left position became super spotty. This caused me to lose 3 lives on the bridge because my little man stopped moving and 2 lives in the lair because instead of going up and left, my little man just went up. Super annoying having to take apart the joystick after every game, only for it to break halfway through the next one. I’ll figure it out eventually though.

 

91680

ACE1541C-960D-48F9-9F80-A8219B15D3AA.jpeg

Edited by Botbird208
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, Botbird208 said:

I now remember why I stopped playing Atari 5ish years ago... because every damn controller I bought broke!

 

On this game I made it to about 60k after losing 2 lives, but then the upper left position on my star fighter stopped working, and the left position became super spotty. This caused me to lose 3 lives on the bridge because my little man stopped moving and 2 lives in the lair because instead of going up and left, my little man just went up. Super annoying having to take apart the joystick after every game, only for it to break halfway through the next one. I’ll figure it out eventually though.

 

91680

ACE1541C-960D-48F9-9F80-A8219B15D3AA.jpeg

 

Try using a Genesis controller.  May not be an actual joystick, but they're still durable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 10:26 PM, Lauren Tyler said:

12,490


(Don't know why it says 'Dragon Treasure' as I clearly clicked on Dragonfire.)

Dragon Treasure (Funvision).png



Yeah , my saved screenshot reads Dragon Treasure too.

Dragon Treasure was the Zellers release of this game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2021 at 10:48 AM, Botbird208 said:

I now remember why I stopped playing Atari 5ish years ago... because every damn controller I bought broke!

 

On this game I made it to about 60k after losing 2 lives, but then the upper left position on my star fighter stopped working, and the left position became super spotty. This caused me to lose 3 lives on the bridge because my little man stopped moving and 2 lives in the lair because instead of going up and left, my little man just went up. Super annoying having to take apart the joystick after every game, only for it to break halfway through the next one. I’ll figure it out eventually though.

 

91680

ACE1541C-960D-48F9-9F80-A8219B15D3AA.jpeg

 

All right, what is your strategy for this game?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...