IGNORED

ADM Teaser

fantômas

12 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

I was just wondering ... will the great little touches like the animated falling leaves and tranquil music on the a prayer of hope screen feature in this excellent A8 version of the game?

yes and more !

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2021 at 2:43 PM, Beeblebrox said:

@fantômas Fantastic, thanks for sharing. Colours and animation looking great. Tix working his magic.:D

I was just wondering ... will the great little touches like the animated falling leaves and tranquil music on the a prayer of hope screen feature in this excellent A8 version of the game?

image.thumb.png.371d81267dcbfe1fcc26c23cb6cc7129.png

(3mins into this video (which is the C64 longplay vid)

Absolutely yes, though I have remixed it a bit to sound really plaintive, sad, and more tranquil.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thelen said:

Read this topic for the first time today (sorry!), what a great project!

No need to apologise, it's not exactly a stand out topic name unless you already are aware of ADM (in it's thankfully shortened name form). I almost missed out on the thread even though I do own the game on the C64.

And yes, it's a great project, great team making the Atari version look great and you just know it's going to have all the playability of the original (and perhaps more )

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

@fantômas @TIX  Hope things are going well and ADM is looking as good as it has to date. Any more teaser GIFs? Really looking f:lust:rward to this one!! :)

To be honest, I wasn't very motivated the last few months, but I'm happy to say that the project has picked up in earnest the last few weeks.

Tix and Synthpopalooza did a great job and they don't rest as they continue to improve graphics and sounds almost every day! 

The code is 95% complete I think and here are the final specifications : 128k cartridge for 48k A8 

As a teaser, here is the wip end scene:

test-000000077-000002340.gif.c826f099b55244962c33731b48a5c927.gif

Poor Jean!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/27/2022 at 4:39 AM, rensoup said:

96% yet ?

95.5 🙃 The problem is that you save the things you don't like to do for the end... and in the end, you still don't like to do them...

On 7/27/2022 at 4:39 AM, rensoup said:

Is it going to work on the 800 too ?

With emulators (Altirra, A800), the game runs in 800 configuration. I hope that on a real 800 it will work fine ...

On 7/27/2022 at 8:48 AM, Beeblebrox said:

@fantômas  Really great work - looking forward to this immensely, (hopefully perhaps by the Autum(?) ;)).

Thank you! I hope as soon as possible, but motivation comes and goes...

On 7/27/2022 at 8:48 AM, Beeblebrox said:

Would a digital version be made available?  

At some point, a "car" file will be available, I think.

-----------------

image.gif.86c16cd8196bbb6d882d39f7c4c1c31b.gif

• Like 21

4 hours ago, fantômas said:

95.5 🙃 The problem is that you save the things you don't like to do for the end... and in the end, you still don't like to do them...

Obviously :lol:

Perhaps you could list the things left to do ? (Might help remotivate too!)

4 hours ago, fantômas said:

With emulators (Altirra, A800), the game runs in 800 configuration. I hope that on a real 800 it will work fine ...

Cool! So what are the differences compared to the XL (beside the 48KB limit) ?

I read that you basically have to leave the original VBi running and link to your own ? Thus losing cycles in the process ?

...and DLi are also impacted ?

Do you have to leave some memory for the OS ?

No disk version ? You have the OS available after all :evil:

Looking good!

• Like 4

On 4/16/2022 at 4:23 PM, fantômas said:

To be honest, I wasn't very motivated the last few months, but I'm happy to say that the project has picked up in earnest the last few weeks.

Tix and Synthpopalooza did a great job and they don't rest as they continue to improve graphics and sounds almost every day! 

The code is 95% complete I think and here are the final specifications : 128k cartridge for 48k A8 

As a teaser, here is the wip end scene:

test-000000077-000002340.gif.c826f099b55244962c33731b48a5c927.gif

Poor Jean!

His digitized scream from the C64 version has been brought over too ...

• Like 2

It is indeed looking excellent, credit for all the work so far..

As for motivation, yes, it's very hard to continue to be motivated with all the terrible negativity in the world, everything seems to be about loss at the moment, and it's unlikely to get better soon, or in some cases, ever..

I used to be a person who wanted things NOW, latest film, NOW, latest game, NOW. But I've since learned to wait and appreciate time, sometimes we have too much time, but in other cases far too little. With so little left to do on the game, even if it is the stuff you want to put off, I suspect the game will get finished at some point and released, let's just wait and see, I'm sure it will be more than worth it.

We thank you guys for YOUR time that you have put in..

• Like 2