IGNORED

Trenches of War (WIP)

donnerkuh

Do you need something like this? Feel the horror of war - you will surely die, but maybe become a (dead) hero.

Use Joystick down (a few seconds) to change between gun or grenade. The icon in the lifebar shows your selection.

Try to kill the enemy to get to the next stage.

In stage three try to survive the machinegunfire and mortar attack to get to the next stage (if machinegunfire ends you can walk forward) 

There are many things to do - if you like the game i will continue the job. 

2021.08.03: New enemys added - try to get to the prisoner and help me to find bugs on the way. If you reach the prisoner, i will continue programming the way back home to the own lines...

image.thumb.png.d9db0c1644e752929547caa898469178.png

Entrench059.bas.bin

Entrench062.bas.bin

Entrench066.bas.bin

Sound added (Entrench072):

Entrench072.bas.bin

New enemys added - way to the prisoner finished

Entrench087.bas.bin

Edited by donnerkuh
  • Like 6

On 7/9/2021 at 10:51 AM, donnerkuh said:

Do you need something like this? Feel the horror of war - you will surely die, but maybe become a (dead) hero.

Use Joystick down (a few seconds) to change between gun or grenade. The icon in the lifebar shows your selection.

Try to kill the enemy to get to the next stage.

In stage three try to survive the machinegunfire and mortar attack to get to the next stage (if machinegunfire ends you can walk forward) 

There are many things to do - if you like the game i will continue the job. 

Entrench059.bas.bin 16 kB · 27 downloads

Awesome concept!!!

few things-

I'm in "Rage Reset" mode (and James - ZPH too), as the Game Reset switch doesn't work and I have to physically restart the ROM everytime I die. 

With the word "Trenches" in the title, I figured the goal was to hide behind the walls and jump over them to snipe the enemy, not jump on "top" of the walls. I was expecting to hide in the "trenches" (black areas) but kept dying til I figured out what to do.

Level two is really hard with the grenade as the arch doesn't change the longer or smaller you hold it. Might be something that could be added later (i.e. like arch in Cannonhead Clash).

I wish there was another way to toggle between guns and grenade, or at least lock it in. It would switch when I didn't want it to.

Please continue... can't wait to see future levels!

Entrench059.bas_1.png

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, donnerkuh said:

- Reset-Switch should work now

- One more stage (Crazy Motorbiker, trying to run over you) added 

Stuck on the new 3rd level with the bombs coming down and the bullets. There's no enemy on the screen to kill and I can't run off the edge of the screen to the next level. Bug in the game?

Entrench062.bas_1.png

Edited by Arenafoot
added screenshot
  • Like 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Trenches of War on tomorrow's (Tue Jul 13, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

AFTER DARK

(SET TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY!)

•  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, donnerkuh said:

No - no bug. Look in the first post: ""In stage three try to survive the machinegunfire and mortar attack to get to the next stage (if machinegunfire ends you can walk forward)"

Ohh.... stage 3 on v59 (tank) is different than stage 3 on v62 (rockets and gunfire) - that was the confusion

• Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 3:56 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Trenches of War on tomorrow's (Tue Jul 13, 2021) stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

AFTER DARK

975162664_20210713-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.b2b98d1d965bd34fbdd57e45cdcf88ee.jpg 1890013110_20210713-LetsPlay-AfterDark.thumb.jpg.ccc0569762304dee79f79d36b5cd32b3.jpg

Thank you for all the suffering in the lifestream while playing my game. In Level 3 (Grenade and gunfire) you just have to wait. You can leave the level when the gunfire stops (after 10 grenades). I will work on the game - trying to build 24 stages. The last enemy, you have seen is a crazy motorcyclist - i will make him more visible...

Edited by donnerkuh

20 hours ago, donnerkuh said:

Thank you for all the suffering in the lifestream while playing my game. In Level 3 (Grenade and gunfire) you just have to wait. You can leave the level when the gunfire stops (after 10 grenades). I will work on the game - trying to build 24 stages. The last enemy, you have seen is a crazy motorcyclist - i will make him more visible...

Thank you for making the game, it has unique gameplay and is very challenging! Really looking forward to showing it again on the stream when you put in the extra levels.

You may have noticed there were a lot of line count issues that you will want to look into fixing so the screen doesn't jitter. It shows up in Stella as little jumps on the screen (press ALT-L to see the line count) and may not show up on CRTs but you saw on the stream how shows up on digital displays as screens jumps/blanks. It's always good to have a steady line count for maximum compatibility. ?

- James

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 7:48 AM, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Thank you for making the game, it has unique gameplay and is very challenging! Really looking forward to showing it again on the stream when you put in the extra levels.

You may have noticed there were a lot of line count issues that you will want to look into fixing so the screen doesn't jitter. It shows up in Stella as little jumps on the screen (press ALT-L to see the line count) and may not show up on CRTs but you saw on the stream how shows up on digital displays as screens jumps/blanks. It's always good to have a steady line count for maximum compatibility. ?

- James

line count issues are fixed - use version 066

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...