IGNORED

Rare PS1 games

lol they didn't even have the rarest (maybe) PS2 game on the list: Yukinko Daisenpuu

https://www.amazon.co.jp/スターフィッシュ・エスディ-10364381-雪ん娘大旋風-さゆきとこゆきのひえひえ大騒動/dp/B001IBHTJU/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_ja_JP=カタカナ&crid=12UIPEAYK6MW9&dchild=1&keywords=ゆきんこ大旋風+ps2&qid=1625880157&sprefix=yukinkodaise%2Caps%2C289&sr=8-1

Anyway, no, I've never had physical copies of any of those. I have been meaning to go buy a copy of Castlevania Chronicle (yes, in Japan, it's Chronicle, not Chronicles), but I have not gotten around to it yet.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

I have Xenosaga 3, and while I have the case and insert, I may not have the original manual. (I usually do not buy incomplete games, but I made an exception to complete this series.)

I also have Team Buddies for the original PlayStation which I understand is quite rare.  

Ironically, I am only interested in collecting games that I enjoy playing. It just so happens that some of them are quite rare.  

Kind of a watered down list going over 3 systems.  Rarity also doesn't always mean dollars either.  I'm kind of shocked the black label of Doom and MK3 didn't make the cut on that page.  They would have had it just been by system, not playstation brand from 3 generations.

I have Xenosaga 3 & .hack//quarantine... but boy, this is not a good list. It feels very random- here's a couple well-known 'expensive' games across all but the newest Playstations. I mean, I don't expect these to be good, but why not focus in on one console?

Plus, as Tanooki pointed out, cost & rarity aren't the same thing. My copy of Mesaze! Senkyu-oh was extremely annoying to get- but it's hardly the most money I've spent on a PS1 game. I prefer retro Youtube folks for this kind of thing- you get to see the game in action, and get better suggestions (as opposed to click at friendly titles.)

• Like 1

That article is clearly aimed to get clicks without offering anything of substance.  Those aren't the most valuable or the most rare Playstation games.  To call them "incredibly rare" is absolute BS.  And to make a list of the most common games worth a lot of money is like trying to find the intersection of two very different lists, which is just awkward.

And to answer the topic creator, I have three of those: Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and Castlevania Chronicles.

• Like 2

Yeah, that title is a lie, the "real" title is in the article : "the most common PS games worth alot of money".

I have real rare PS1 games (not sure about PS2) such as PAL exclusives games (in fact I only own PAL games :D )

One of my rarest game is the one rumored to be the least sold game of the PS1 (so by definition it is the rarest) : The Note, a clumsy survival-horror game.

I also have a copy of Tail Concerto PAL (French) version, the only PAL release.

Probably not as rare, I have all the Resident Evil PS1 games (PAL French) including the Director's cut version (Interesting fact, in the French and German version, the opening scene was restored in colors, unlike all other non-Japanese Director's cut releases.)

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1

I have Xenosaga 1 and 2, but not 3 I guess....Also I thought maybe I had Persona, but after a quick look,  I'm not finding it.

On the plus side:

I have Castlevania Chronicles, Silent Hill 2, and Def Jam: Fight for NY ($2 garage sale purchase!)...

Not on the list, but I have a sealed copy of Shadow Man (No idea haha) and a sealed Suikoden II (that oughta be worth something :)