IGNORED

How to fix broken side buttons on Intellivision 2 controller?

Also you can just set the buttons in place and when you snap it all back together they still function fine and dont seem any different.

Its just a bit harder to snap it all together with the buttons just sitting in place ;)

13 minutes ago, stupus said:

Also you can just set the buttons in place and when you snap it all back together they still function fine and dont seem any different.

Its just a bit harder to snap it all together with the buttons just sitting in place ;)

Thanks so much! I managed to get it back together, and it’s actually easier to put together now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Intellivision_II said:

They are definitely intv I since it has detachable buttons, and the II has buttons molded to the back of the controller

Cool thanks...

15 minutes ago, Intellivision_II said:

If the dimensions are the same, it might fit with some modifications.

If they could be made to fit, they would be softer and likely more comfortable to use. I'd never thought to try this myself. I only have 1 fully working INtelly 2 controller of the pair I own. The other has directional issues and the side buttons don't register very well. It is just really worn on the inside and the flex needs to be replaced. But far as I know, there aren't replacments for the Intelly 2 controllers as yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

If they could be made to fit, they would be softer and likely more comfortable to use. I'd never thought to try this myself. I only have 1 fully working INtelly 2 controller of the pair I own. The other has directional issues and the side buttons don't register very well. It is just really worn on the inside and the flex needs to be replaced. But far as I know, there aren't replacments for the Intelly 2 controllers as yet. 

There are adapters to convert intellivision flashback controllers to intellivision 2 db9

16 minutes ago, Intellivision_II said:

There are adapters to convert intellivision flashback controllers to intellivision 2 db9

I don't need adapters. I've got 4 of the flashback controllers that I purchased separately when you could when the flashback was newer. I internally modified 2 of those 4 to proper intellivision wiring so I could use them directly on my SVA and Intelly 2. But the Intelly 2 doesn't 'look' right unless you have Intelly 2 controllers to go with it is all I'm saying.

Super Pro controllers look pretty good on the Inty II. SVA controllers too. You guys are champs if you can ride out using Inty II controllers.. Those side buttons are brutal! ?

I should try to mod at least 1 of my flashback controllers so that I can ditch the adapter cables. 

8 hours ago, SiLic0ne t0aD said:

Super Pro controllers look pretty good on the Inty II. SVA controllers too. You guys are champs if you can ride out using Inty II controllers.. Those side buttons are brutal! ?

I should try to mod at least 1 of my flashback controllers so that I can ditch the adapter cables. 

They might look good but they are too long and won't sit in the tray right because of it. And yes, I have an Intelly flashback and really like the feel of the controllers from it, so when I found out your could order extra controllers, I ordered 4 of them with the intent to rewire the controller internally to work directly on my SVA and Intelly 2. I even took the guts out of one of them I think and use it to rebuilt another SVA controller so that I would have two fully working ones on my personal SVA at that time.

I have the pinouts for it somewhere if you do plan to rewire your FB controller. At the time, the colors on this diagram matched up to what I found in the FB controller. But if they should differ, just match up the colors to whatever colors you end up finding. So as an example, 5 on the flashback was blue and needed to be moved to pin 3 to work on an actual Intellivision. 4 moved to 1, 3 moved 8 etc. 

FB_to_original_controller pinouts.png

• Like 1

So, the glue from Amazon arrived and I set about to repair some Intellivision II hand controllers. 

I found the hardest part was getting the broken parts lined up and in place long enough for the glue to set. You can see my attempts.

Once the glues sets it seems to hold great. I did reinforce the broken areas as best I could.

If I had it to do over again I would by the #3 glue instead of the #4 as it has half the set time listed on the label.

As you can see I repaired the top button on each side and both worked great.

I also did the 2 retainer clips on one. I added the back support just because, I don't know if it needed it but I had to glue out.

I could not get it to stick on the plastic at first. I had to remove the shine with either sand paper or a small file, then I let them set the 3 days as recommended. They seem just fine. If you mess with them too early it feels like the plastic is stretching so let them go the 3 days is my recommendation.

Hope this helps someone out.

61OItsM1VQL._SL1200_.thumb.jpg.e614fce511052bc02d50c7d6226c21b8.jpg

100_0612.thumb.JPG.9b7c218eadbad577f2204fccfa16ec07.JPG

100_0614.thumb.JPG.0947cf5f78efd701199ecb7e5fa3efd8.JPG

100_0615.thumb.JPG.99193b35f2e581f32043e546aa79f9f4.JPG

image000002.thumb.jpg.e518a04fa454a578a8a49b3d4735bf49.jpg

image000003.thumb.jpg.0b7d8149bd05bf7b1c60030f403bfee6.jpg

image000004.thumb.jpg.ffe552fe0ec3ba74c6404510f5ef5502.jpg

image000005.thumb.jpg.a2c64b911a161d38a02b228bd48591ce.jpg

• Like 2