IGNORED

Title peculiarity in the menu

On 7/10/2021 at 9:18 PM, Atari Nut said:

I notice that some titles show the extension .rom or .jag while others don't.  Also, Iron Soldier 2.j64 just shows up as Iron Soldier... without the 2.  Some titles do not show [ST] in them while others do.  How can I correct this?

It's a known (at least it's mentioned several times already) FW-bug of the GD. If you have both IS games in the same folder (ROM + mrq) and the games have their original file names, most likely "Iron Soldier.xxx" and "Iron Soldier 2.xxx", then this exact behaviour you described shows up!

You can either change the name of the first game to the exact same length as the second (e.g. "Iron Soldier 1.xxx"), or change the second one to smth more different like "Iron S2.xxx"!

Both methods will work!

I recently made a (german) video about this issue. ?

Edited by TPAU65
  • Like 1

I replied in the MRQ thread about the same thing, pasting it here for the OP to get some help: 

The first game I have labelled as "Iron Soldier .jag" with a SPACE at the end of Soldier before the .jag and the MRQ says the same and works for me

The second game I have labelled as "Iron Soldier 2.jag" with only the space between Soldier and 2 and the MRQ matches that and works for me. 

These are the MRQ is needed and they have the right game pictures on them. 

Iron Soldier 2.mrq Iron Soldier .jag