IGNORED

NES advantage to TG16 conversion

Dopy25

If you saw my one of my previous posts you know I picked up a decent selection of controllers recently. Most were for parts but worked with issues. Most of the issues were that each controller needed a serious cleaning.

I also posted that I renewed a TG 16.

Well I wanted to use the advantage on my TG 16 and thought I would dive in. I saw a few random internet postings about converting NES controllers to TG and thought this wouldn't be much different. Well it was and was not. The schematics I found to convert were definitely incorrect one way or another. I ended up combining a few of them to get my end result.

I present my work on an NES advantage conversion:

PXL_20210711_042321015.thumb.jpg.c1857211c018c46d35923fbb84b821c9.jpg

PXL_20210711_042339507.thumb.jpg.b434125c871d7228ff55f2fdad6c02e3.jpg

PXL_20210711_042522947.thumb.jpg.355292f8e6f6eada562cb778cb1c4f74.jpg

I didn't take any images of the outside because it doesn't look any different than any other NES advantage. I'm debating on changing the color scheme or adding some TG decals but everything works as intended, turbo functions included. The buttons were soft and the a/b didn't function so instead of waiting on replacement rubbers, I added tactile switches, not pictured. I'm debating on removing them later and buying the rubbers because I'm not fond of the clicky feeling. It's also kinda ok because it's a turbo after all. There won't be much constant finger pressing.

• Like 3