IGNORED

Deluxe Butt-Plug Simulator

Retrospect

14 minutes ago, Retrospect said:

Speaking of cheeky .... I meant to show you all this earlier but forgot.  If in case anyone was wondering what actually happened after Hunchback rescued Esmeralda , need look no further ....

Joe, I bet that we'll have soon your port for the TI of Custer’s Revenge from VCS 2600... how many ? do you need from this AA forum to start this new exciting project? ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Retrospect said:

Hell maybe I should of started that instead of Frankenstein LOL

Well, you can develop both: Frankenstein for Halloween, Custer for Valentine's Day!

I could suggest also a third: "Porky's"! This was announced for the TI99 by 20th Century Fox, but never released. It exists for the VCS 2600. We need to decide only the deadline for the release... ?

Now all the guys here are waiting for the first videos!!! ?

To support and encourage these new projects from Joe, please add your ?  Let's start with mine: ?

?

Edited by tmop69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Retrospect said:

Speaking of cheeky .... I meant to show you all this earlier but forgot.  If in case anyone was wondering what actually happened after Hunchback rescued Esmeralda , need look no further ....

Of all the things I've seen, that is far and away the most recent. ?

• Haha 6

On 7/11/2021 at 10:08 PM, Retrospect said:

If I knew what I was doing with the start address, low mem and high mem etc etc i really would do.  

I hear @arcadeshopper is going to make a how-to video. With Module Creator 2 all you need to know is the name and location of the first E/A file. Easy. That’s the point of the app.

Module Creator 2. It’s listed under Fred’s Modules menu not the Projects menu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Airshack said:

I hear @arcadeshopper is going to make a how-to video. With Module Creator 2 all you need to know is the name and location of the first E/A file. Easy. That’s the point of the app.

Module Creator 2

Hi mate.  This needs changing for a start, really. I quote from the website;
"The last thing to do is to set the correct path in the Yab script file. Open the file 'modulecreator.yab' with notepad or your favorite text editor. Locate the text '@1=C:\modulecreator_20' and change the path 'C:\modulecreator_20' into the path"

I'm not being funny but sod that.  An app needs to be easy to use, one click and it's on the screen, ready to make a module out of an EA5 file.  All that stuff right there is what puts me off.  It's just too much to think about and I don't learn new tricks easily.  He needs to sort this out.  This of course is just my opinion there will be guys out there who can do this in a pinch just not me.  It's gonna have to get easier than that.  ;)

• Like 4

Truth be told, I installed it and then had to read the instructions twice to get it working. Install was slightly a pain in the posterior, equivalent to what one imagines a butt plug would feel like if one were to have felt it — ever.

The utility it provides is worthwhile. Module Creator 2’s utility that is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hi mate.  This needs changing for a start, really. I quote from the website;
"The last thing to do is to set the correct path in the Yab script file. Open the file 'modulecreator.yab' with notepad or your favorite text editor. Locate the text '@1=C:\modulecreator_20' and change the path 'C:\modulecreator_20' into the path"

I'm not being funny but sod that.  An app needs to be easy to use, one click and it's on the screen, ready to make a module out of an EA5 file.  All that stuff right there is what puts me off.  It's just too much to think about and I don't learn new tricks easily.  He needs to sort this out.  This of course is just my opinion there will be guys out there who can do this in a pinch just not me.  It's gonna have to get easier than that.  [emoji6]
It's easier than using the classic99 memory dump ;)

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Well, I just can't use this app and I refuse to even try any further out of principle.  The author can either fix it so it's easy to use or not.  I'll just ignore .BIN creation and continue to make XB and EA5 files. I won't ask other's for .BINs, I won't push for that.  If they want to supply me them, great, I'll take them but I won't pester.  That app needs to a launchable .EXE that just takes 2 else 3 EA5 files and spits out a .BIN file I can't see why it just isn't like that.

<stamps feet furiously>

rant over ..... :)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Airshack said:

I hear @arcadeshopper is going to make a how-to video.

Oh, dear God... for a second, I thought you meant Greg was going to demo how to use those special plugs.

Regarding Module Creator, I found that, using Classic99, I had to save the resulting EA5 files in a FIAD with the TIFILES V9T9 header option turned on for the disk.  What I normally do is set up one of the high DSK#, like DSK5 or DSK8, then copy the resulting EA5 files there.  Also, spaces in the paths for files used by Module Creator 2 break things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Oh, dear God... for a second, I thought you meant Greg was going to demo how to use those special plugs.

Regarding Module Creator, I found that, using Classic99, I had to save the resulting EA5 files in a FIAD with the TIFILES header option turned on for the disk.  What I normally do is set up one of the high DSK#, like DSK5 or DSK8, then copy the resulting EA5 files there.  Also, spaces in the paths for files used by Module Creator 2 break things.

mc2 requires the files in v9t9 format.. 

step one. unpack to a folder C:\ModuleCreator_20

create folder in that folder called src or whatever you want, mind's called src (for source files)

with tidir copy the EA5 files you want to make a module of into that folder from wherever you keep them, and make sure they are V9T9 FORMAT

image.png.f56144bd23ea2531c8a0c88e45bf4e84.png

If they aren't v9t9 format, select them, and use convert TIFILES to v9t9 file in this example butt is tifiles:

image.png.a14cfe57484fdb048c10fa4cef8dc9c1.png

select the files then open tools, convert TIFILES to V9T9 file 

image.png.466fe9d662f142c101b64777a0e003da.png

run modulecreator shortcut 

image.thumb.png.33041464d4024dde385c611d823755e0.png

enter a name for the project. doesn't matter this is just what it names the folder it outputs the module into

image.png.0888c70701b6cf211d153b4d621e84ef.png

check the first ADD box and enter a name for the TI MENU 

image.png.b33424e1b065f4029e397f152cf14d25.png

then select the 3 dots box to the right of that section and pick the first file of the EA5 file you copied earlier

image.thumb.png.55b13a1417ff77aa7a071385cefb3f6d.png

hit CREATE MODULE

some windows will pop up, look for errors in the last lines of the windows.. if you don't get errors, CONGRATS you did it.. errors are usually caused by files that aren't v9t9 format. 

YMMV some programs won't convert, for instance the web browser wouldn't.. 

Assuming no errors: a folder will be created in the Modulecreator_20 folder that is the same as the project name so if I picked bp as my project name I'd get this:

image.thumb.png.0f3ea6e28101817495142b99604451b9.png

rename the bin file to be xxxx32k8.bin so it's compatible with fg99 and classic99 and says 32k because all these modules require 32k. 

I renamed this bp32k8.bin for that reason

profit

ColorlessShallowGoldfish-size_restricted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/17/2021 at 6:18 AM, HOME AUTOMATION said:

What self-respecting child would want to play this game anyway!

I can state without reservation that my 13- to 15-year-old self would have found this absolutely hilarious and played the living daylights out of it.

Then again, my middle-aged self also finds this to be utterly amazing, so my judgement may be questionable.

Edited by x=usr(1536)
I'm not telling. So there.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1