Pixelboy

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - July 11th 2021

Posted (edited)

Hello ColecoVision fans.  :) 

It's been quite a while since my last News Bulletin, and even though there's actually not a whole lot to say, I'd say it's high time I gave people a quick update.

REACHING A MILESTONE WITH THE TRADING CARDS PROJECT

I'm happy to report that of the 165 card templates of the first series of ColecoVision trading cards I'm working on, I'm down to just four card front sides left to do. Three of them should be done by the end of this week, but the fourth card is posing a problem for me: I recently noticed that my box scan of the Canadian edition of B.C. II - Grog's Revenge has a blurry spot in the lower left corner which I'm not comfortable with. I sold off this game (with its box) a long time ago, so I cannot redo the scan myself. Does anyone here have this game complete-in-box, and would be willing to scan the box for me? I attached a picture of the box below, for reference. If you can help me out, please send me a PM.

Beyond that, I've estimated that I'll need another month or so to prepare the back side templates of all 165 cards. So I'm definitely getting there, and I'll send all the card templates to the trading card printer as soon as they're ready. But just before I do that, I'll contact all my Team Pixelboy customers and offer them a set of this first series of trading cards, just to try to determine how many sets of cards I should order from the printer. Feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail if you're interested in these trading cards and want to be put on the pre-order list.

WHAT ABOUT ASTEROIDS?

Well, I've got good news and somewhat bad news. The good news is that software-wise, Asteroids is done, the instruction manual is done, and everything looks good as far as the game itself is concerned. The Asteroids Controller is another story however. Our friend doubledown's real life job has been keeping him outrageously busy since the beginning of the year, so I'm afraid little progress has been made with the controllers. I'm hoping doubledown will be able to get the ball rolling with this soon, but for now, all I can say is that the project is temporarily stalled. Not what you want to hear, I know, but things will move forward again in the near future, that much is certain.

In case you're wondering, Mystery Man made a little progress with Star Castle a while ago, but he too has been kept busy with his job, so he hasn't been able to work on the game much lately. Star Castle's projected release date of Christmas Day 2021 remains unchanged for now.

After the trading cards templates will have been sent to the printer, I will get back to beta-testing and finishing up the manuals for Space Shuttle. This and Star Castle (and Asteroids) will be my priorities towards the end of the year, so Utopia will probably be pushed back to 2022, to be released alongside Arabian.

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities.  :) 

bc2.png

Edited by Pixelboy
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Always enjoy getting an update from you! 👍

5 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Hello ColecoVision fans.  :) 

It's been quite a while since my last News Bulletin, and even though there's actually not a whole lot to say, I'd say it's high time I gave people a quick update.

REACHING A MILESTONE WITH THE TRADING CARDS PROJECT

I'm happy to report that of the 165 card templates of the first series of ColecoVision trading cards I'm working on, I'm down to just four card front sides left to do. Three of them should be done by the end of this week, but the fourth card is posing a problem for me: I recently noticed that my box scan of the Canadian edition of B.C. II - Grog's Revenge has a blurry spot in the lower left corner which I'm not comfortable with. I sold off this game (with its box) a long time ago, so I cannot redo the scan myself. Does anyone here have this game complete-in-box, and would be willing to scan the box for me? I attached a picture of the box below, for reference. If you can help me out, please send me a PM.

Beyond that, I've estimated that I'll need another month or so to prepare the back side templates of all 165 cards. So I'm definitely getting there, and I'll send all the card templates to the trading card printer as soon as they're ready. But just before I do that, I'll contact all my Team Pixelboy customers and offer them a set of this first series of trading cards, just to try to determine how many sets of cards I should order from the printer. Feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail if you're interested in these trading cards and want to be put on the pre-order list.

WHAT ABOUT ASTEROIDS?

Well, I've got good news and somewhat bad news. The good news is that software-wise, Asteroids is done, the instruction manual is done, and everything looks good as far as the game itself is concerned. The Asteroids Controller is another story however. Our friend doubledown's real life job has been keeping him outrageously busy since the beginning of the year, so I'm afraid little progress has been made with the controllers. I'm hoping doubledown will be able to get the ball rolling with this soon, but for now, all I can say is that the project is temporarily stalled. Not what you want to hear, I know, but things will move forward again in the near future, that much is certain.

In case you're wondering, Mystery Man made a little progress with Star Castle a while ago, but he too has been kept busy with his job, so he hasn't been able to work on the game much lately. Star Castle's projected release date of Christmas Day 2021 remains unchanged for now.

After the trading cards templates will have been sent to the printer, I will get back to beta-testing and finishing up the manuals for Space Shuttle. This and Star Castle (and Asteroids) will be my priorities towards the end of the year, so Utopia will probably be pushed back to 2022, to be released alongside Arabian.

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities.  :) 

bc2.png

Can we see a video of the Asteroids play?

3 hours ago, Swami said:

Can we see a video of the Asteroids play?

Not at the moment, sadly.

Quick update, just to let people know: Someone supplied me with a good scan of the Grog's Revenge box.

Thanks Ivan!  ;)

• Like 1

Quick update: Last night, I finished the last front side of the 165 trading cards. Not only that, but in the last few days, I added the game names, box types, card ID numbers and info icons to all 165 back sides. All I have left to add are the short descriptions, screenshots, and copyright texts. So still a couple of weeks of work ahead, but the project is progressing.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1