IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 14 Round 14 - H.E.R.O.

DamonicFury

Welcome to the fourteenth round of the 14th 5200 HSC season!  H.E.R.O. won the poll by two votes. Play using the default settings. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by Northcoastgamer with 330,635 points.  Bust it if you can for a bonus point! 

The ROM can be found here:

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-5200-hero_13603.html

Round ends Sunday, July 25th, 2021 @9pm EST

Standings:

oyamafamily - 142,350

rubeon - 124,885

Cafeman - 100,175

MrTrust - 65,375

roadrunner - 45,025

jblenkle - 42,475

Mangia-Boy - 37,850

Krytol - 30,930

18 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

It has been a while indeed.  Hello there!

Ah, you've gone rogue and changed your ID... I like it ! 

Since late '16, lots going on with a band I left in '92... Too much going on, and I guess that is good, so after the new album is done , I hope to find some time to get back on board gaming with you guys !

• Like 1

Unfortunately, there is no way to pass the collapsing lava trap on this version of the game unless you are using analog controls. You can't hover with digital controls. That means starting with level 14 you are guaranteed at least one instant death on that screen, and possibly several more until you push on through to the next safer section.  It kills the fun, for me, at least playing on Altirra with keyboard control. 

On 7/19/2021 at 8:32 PM, Cafeman said:

Unfortunately, there is no way to pass the collapsing lava trap on this version of the game unless you are using analog controls. You can't hover with digital controls. That means starting with level 14 you are guaranteed at least one instant death on that screen, and possibly several more until you push on through to the next safer section.  It kills the fun, for me, at least playing on Altirra with keyboard control. 

That part's not much fun with the analog controls either, if you ask me ?