IGNORED

Gauging interest: Jaguar HDMI adapter

Doomy Doomer

Just a quick update. Thanks to Zerosquare's schematic, I was able to build my own Jag Network Adapter (JagNet) and test it with my Jag2HD HDMI adapter. I'm happy to report they worked just fine together. I'm going to integrate support for my JagNet in a future version of the the Jag2HD. I'm also selling the JagNet by itself to help fill the gap since the JagLink II isn't in stock often. As long as there's demand, I'll continue to make these JagNet adapters. 

Lastly, a comment on delays. The Jag2HD is still coming and has been finished since mid summer but due to major supply chain issues and chip shortages it has been delayed a bit. I'm hoping to have these all in stock by a tentative date in December. 

Edited by Doomy Doomer
  • Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 6:18 PM, Doomy Doomer said:

Thanks for asking. Still in the works. Everything is finished and tested. I'm now just patiently waiting on all components. I was quoted a month lead time recently. 

I'd be glad to test out the first one if allowed to be able to get one right when available. I'd still pay for it too no problems!

17 minutes ago, Doomy Doomer said:

Appreciate the interest. The Jag2HD is actually completely tested and finished already. Frustratingly, I'm getting hit with the same chip shortages everyone is so it keeps getting delayed.

It's cool. I was thinking you had a few made if they were finished and tested already. I'd pay now and buy it if you had some ready to go!

Another update. Due to the massive chip shortage, the Jag2HD is delayed several months. Unfortunately, I can't give a new release date estimate. My parts contact has delayed at least 3 times since July and this last update from him was "several months" off delivery. That obviously pushes things into 2022. It's absolutely not their fault but rather a sign of the times and the struggle it is right now to find components specifically the chips that go into these adapters. I'm just as bummed as you guys I'm sure. I was in the middle of working on a Jag2HD "Plus", which has the JagNet built into the Jag2HD, when I got word of the delay. Keep following this tread, my Twitter, and website for updates.

Edited by Doomy Doomer
My grammar is awful
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

When these are completed, what side will the HDMI cable come out of the side once plugged into the Jaguar console? I'd be fine with it coming straight out of the back if you do that but in the pics it looks like one of the sides. Just curious honestly, I keep my jag to the left of my TV so if it came facing to the right side of the console I'd be fine with that too haha!

4 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

When these are completed, what side will the HDMI cable come out of the side once plugged into the Jaguar console? I'd be fine with it coming straight out of the back if you do that but in the pics it looks like one of the sides. Just curious honestly, I keep my jag to the left of my TV so if it came facing to the right side of the console I'd be fine with that too haha!

Here's a pic with HDMI connected.  

IMG_20220103_163844.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Doomy Doomer said:

Here's a pic with HDMI connected.  

IMG_20220103_163844.jpg

Dang, the only direction I was hoping against! But I'll still buy it! Of you've got any done and ready to go I'm down to test and still pay for it either way as I want one! I want to see if it's better than the Jag2Gen with Hyperkin hdmi adapter. The only issue I've had with that setup is that is skews the image to the side causing a black line border on one side. 

21 hours ago, UHATEIT said:

Dang, the only direction I was hoping against! But I'll still buy it! Of you've got any done and ready to go I'm down to test and still pay for it either way as I want one! I want to see if it's better than the Jag2Gen with Hyperkin hdmi adapter. The only issue I've had with that setup is that is skews the image to the side causing a black line border on one side. 

Agreed, would like it to come off the back; however I'm still interested in this and would love to buy one.

Appreciate the HDMI placement feedback. If these ever get released, the placement will be as it is in the photo due to logistics. Otherwise the adapter would be twice the size since it utilizes the DSP port for power. I have 5 of these made as is and if I can't get my distributer to source the parts I need I'll do some sort of raffle for the 5 I have and then just release kits as to how to make your own. Things are getting so bad with parts shortages.

Edited by Doomy Doomer
Grammar
  • Like 1

I prefer that placement because on the small shelf that my consoles sit on, I need them to be as close to the back as they can. The Jag already sits with the front off the shelf a little and I'm not interesting in it being further out than needed. So I'm good with the port on the side personally!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

This project has taken a back seat to other projects due to many factors but primarily because of supply shortages. I'm hesitate to continue working on it in its current form vs just releasing kits for people to make their own. To help me gauge this, I'm looking for 4 or 5 testers to purchase the adapter at a discount and provide me with their feedback. If you're interested please DM me and I can go over the details. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Doomy Doomer said:

This project has taken a back seat to other projects due to many factors but primarily because of supply shortages. I'm hesitate to continue working on it in its current form vs just releasing kits for people to make their own. To help me gauge this, I'm looking for 4 or 5 testers to purchase the adapter at a discount and provide me with their feedback. If you're interested please DM me and I can go over the details. 

I was about to ask the other day how these were going. Sent a PM on this just now!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2022 at 8:47 AM, Doomy Doomer said:

Thanks everyone who showed interest in testing the Jag2HD. All test units are now spoken for. I may do a round two depending on how well round 1 goes.

Well I'm on board for round 2 when it happens. I was actually playing on the Jag last night and discovered that through the OSSC, it seems to be quite picky. At first through my RGB cable it was constantly dropping video. I switched it over to s-video through my Extron for a while and then decided to switch back and it was working fine at that point? So... ehh.. don't know. Either way, I'm on board for the Jag2HD when available.

• 2 weeks later...