Milli Vee

Crazy Climber Redux

16 hours ago, Swami said:

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the game, but are things like the cats just there for cosmetic thematic reasons and are not a danger? Just curious, since you seem to be able to go right through them, while the balls of string will remove a heart.

They are "baddies" aka enemies to avoid. When I test it and make the update videos I usually have Cecil set to invincible so I don't die so I can test the game mechanics, movement etc. so he can walk through the cats (or other ledge baddies). Now that I am fine tuning the game, collisions etc the invincible has been turned off though it is available as a "weapon".

• Thanks 1

I downloaded the rom and it seems to be a bit buggy! Phoenix 2nd run with Atarimax, because the SD Card slot of the Phoenix doesn't work with Colecovision core.

Hopefully it is not the final rom for the cartridges or it's just a bad constellation.

PXL_20210915_200059522~2.jpg

50 minutes ago, Bomberman93 said:

I downloaded the rom and it seems to be a bit buggy! Phoenix 2nd run with Atarimax, because the SD Card slot of the Phoenix doesn't work with Colecovision core.

Hopefully it is not the final rom for the cartridges or it's just a bad constellation.

PXL_20210915_200059522~2.jpg

Same thing just happened to me using the rom with CoolCV.  Happened after I got hit for the first time with a flower pot.

It looks like the emulator is messing up the the video. I have not seen this on any real hardware ( ColecoVision or Adam) or in Adamem. Does the game keep playing or stop?

Edited by Milli Vee
Additional information

21 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

Same thing just happened to me using the rom with CoolCV.  Happened after I got hit for the first time with a flower pot.

I had someone email me directly that they had the same issue with Phoenix and the atarimax.

22 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I did some testing with coolcv and didn’t have any issues. 

48 minutes ago, Milli Vee said:

Not sure if it makes any difference but I'm using the latest Windows version of CoolCV (v0.6.9)

I had this happen also on the second building using a composite modded ColecoVision. The game still plays you just get the garbage on the screen like posted above.

1 hour ago, Milli Vee said:

Just tried again and this time the corruption happened spontaneously without any specific event occurring, e.g. I was just climbing as normal.  I've attached a CoolCV snapshot which hopefully may help you track down the bug.

I also just tested this in ColEm v5.5 and hit the same bug under the same circumstances.  As ColEm has a debugger I've attached a snapshot for ColEm as well.  Hope this helps. 

coolcv_snapshot.bin CCR.STA

Edited by Ikrananka

Is this ROM available for download?   I am hoping to play with the atarimax while I wait for the kickstarter cartridge 

Edited by rietveld

4 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Is this ROM available for download?   I am hoping to play with the atarimax while I wait for the kickstarter cartridge 

HI - it will be after the Kickstarter backers have been satisfied and it will be listed on the store https://8bitmilligames.com I am working out a bug right now that the backers found  :)

Just now, Milli Vee said:

HI - it will be after the Kickstarter backers have been satisfied and it will be listed on the store https://8bitmilligames.com I am working out a bug right now that the backers found  :)

I am a kickstarter backer for $50 ?

Just now, rietveld said:

Yes

Screenshot_20210916-093912~2.png

Ok - the Digital download link will be going out to you today - Yesterday I did the kickstarters and we discovered a bug which I am fixing then the link will be sent again to the kickstarters and the paypal. I'm glad you asked because I forgot that the kickstarter update email was not going to the paypal backers, I will send those seperately today.

3 minutes ago, Milli Vee said:

Ok - the Digital download link will be going out to you today - Yesterday I did the kickstarters and we discovered a bug which I am fixing then the link will be sent again to the kickstarters and the paypal. I'm glad you asked because I forgot that the kickstarter update email was not going to the paypal backers, I will send those seperately today.

OK. Thanks.. I waited for the PayPal option to back the kickstarter campaign since it is easier for me 

I am excited to try this ROM but I am really excited to get the DDP.. I am a sucker for physical media for the Adam..  Have you thought about a disk release also?

1 minute ago, rietveld said:

I am excited to try this ROM but I am really excited to get the DDP.. I am a sucker for physical media for the Adam..  Have you thought about a disk release also?

I am considering the ddp and disk for the store once the kickstarter is done.

9 minutes ago, Milli Vee said:

Kickstarter data packs just waiting for the latest version of the game 031D3AC8-2E7D-4C1A-AC34-14B2A4A68388.thumb.jpeg.5fe1f14e5b063e16ceeb1994a4993172.jpeg

Nice..  Can't wait.  .  So I assume the carts and DDP s will be mailed once you finish checking for bugs in the digital version?   I don't mind adding a few bucks to have you ship a disk with my kick starter package to save postage 

3 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Nice..  Can't wait.  .  So I assume the carts and DDP s will be mailed once you finish checking for bugs in the digital version?   I don't mind adding a few bucks to have you ship a disk with my kick starter package to save postage 

The DDP's will be in the game box with the carts - has a nice little place for it below the cartridge. Afterwards I will look into ordering floppy disks and labels :)