IGNORED

Starpath supercharger with a tulip (coax?)

StormyWeathers

Hi, i found myself a starpath supercharger yesterday for 50 euro but i noticed a jack 3.5 was missing and instead a tulip cable was attached. I am a noob with these kind of electronics but i didn't wat to leave it with the seller because you see Them much in the Netherlands, not even in your hometown. 

The seller didn't knew what is was or how It worked, Just a.young fellow who bought himself a.bunch of Nintendo stuff with this piece of artwork included. Before i decide to replace it with some sort of original cable, anyone knows why this could be hooked up like this? The SC self seems to work but do not have games yet so cannot test it yet.

Cheers

StormyWeathers

IMG_20210715_172832_01.jpg

IMG_20210715_172639_02.jpg

IMG_20210715_172753_01.jpg

IMG_20210715_172526_01.jpg

IMG_20210715_172639_01.jpg

• Like 1

I have never heard this connector called a Tulip before; what a poetic description! ? In North America, they are normally just called RCA connectors -- though there is probably a technical term as well. 

Presumably this cable was intended to be connected to the line-out port of a stereo system. The cable is really short, so it would be awkward to have the 2600 located so very close to the stereo, especially since such connectors are usually located on the back of the system.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jhd said:

I have never heard this connector called a Tulip before; what a poetic description! ? In North America, they are normally just called RCA connectors -- though there is probably a technical term as well. 

I had to open this thread just because I had no idea what a tulip connector might be...  :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Haha it's indeed a Dutch term because you can buy tulip to jack adapters or vice versa. But now i know how it's called in USA ?... RCA! 

I bought myself one of those adapters and hoping it Will work. Will recieved my first SpSc-game next monday OR tuesday... 

Hopefully it works, crossed fingers

Screenshot_20210717-184000~2.png

• Like 1

Oh sorry, Just posted a wrong picture from internet as An example for the tulip jack names . I bought myself a mono, well that is what the Ad showed when i bought it. Could still be a stereo after all, that mono is only intended for the "tulip" side ?... Thanks for the fb anyway!!

Oh another explanation: m means male, and v = female in the case, not mono or video or something else, Just 2 B sure. Nedis is Just the productname...

Screenshot_20210718-091356~2.png

IMG_20210718_091641.jpg

Edited by StormyWeathers

On 7/17/2021 at 11:41 AM, StormyWeathers said:

Will recieved my first SpSc-game next monday OR tuesday... 

there's a utility called MAKEWAV that will convert 2K and 4K games into audio files that'll load on the Supercharger.

https://archive.org/details/makewav4.2

Do note that some of the games will crash as they accidentally trigger bankswitching. Most of the games have been patched.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Remember seeing a Guy did this on YouTube with An iPad. Was thinking to do the same but put the Idea aside and chose to wait for the original stuff.  

But the Idea is a.good alternative.for testing. If the cassette tape doesn't work ill have to i guess.... 

Thanks ?