IGNORED

NEC Supergrafx Digital Encyclopedia FREE DOWNLOAD

BIG D

To all those in the retro gaming community doing it hard at the moment, this is for you !
Second book done the NEC Supergrafx Digital Encyclopedia is FREE!!! Download it here https://screenpedia.online/?post_type=product just add it to the cart as normal and you wont be charged. Thanks too all that helped in this quick turn around it is much appreciated and if you find any errors please PM me.

Screenpedia NEC SuperGrafx Digital Encyclopedia Cover facebook.jpg

Screenpedia NEC SuperGrafx Digital Encyclopedia Cover shop game.jpg

Screenpedia NEC SuperGrafx Digital Encyclopedia Cover shop specifications.jpg

Screenpedia NEC SuperGrafx Digital Encyclopedia Cover shop console.jpg

Interesting. One thing that I'd probably recommend fixing is Darius Alpha; it's not actually SuperGrafx enhanced. It seems it was meant to be, but it's identical on both the PC Engine and on the SuperGrafx. There is no reduction in sprite flicker at all on the SuperGrafx. Chris Covell can tell you more about that.

3 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Interesting. One thing that I'd probably recommend fixing is Darius Alpha; it's not actually SuperGrafx enhanced. It seems it was meant to be, but it's identical on both the PC Engine and on the SuperGrafx. There is no reduction in sprite flicker at all on the SuperGrafx. Chris Covell can tell you more about that.

good to know how about Darius plus, is that the same?

Edited by BIG D

5 minutes ago, BIG D said:

good to know how about Darius plus, is that the same?

Darius Plus works properly and it does have the sprite flicker reduction. I think Darius Alpha was the first game I played on my SuperGrafx when I got the system and it's definitely unchanged from how it is on the regular PC Engine. It's been about a year since I looked into it, but Chris Covell looked into the code and found that Alpha has an earlier build date than Plus does or something like that. Not sure if that's related, but I suppose it's possible that they hadn't implemented the sprite flicker reduction before they printed the HuCARDs. Maybe they forgot or something. Not really sure what happened, but Chris Covell is the dude to ask about it if you want to learn more.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

1 minute ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Darius Plus works properly and it does have the sprite flicker reduction. I think Darius Alpha was the first game I played on my SuperGrafx when I got the system and it's definitely unchanged from how it is on the regular PC Engine. It's been about a year since I looked into it, but Chris Covell looked into the code and found that Alpha has an earlier build date than Plus does. Not sure if that's related, but I suppose it's possible that they hadn't implemented the sprite flicker reduction before they printed the HuCARDs. Maybe they forgot or something. Not really sure what happened, but Chris Covell is the dude to ask about it if you want to learn more.

ok cool, Chris is on this forum im guessing?

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Thanks heaps Ill reach out and change the info in an update

Sure. Basically, I started discussing it over in the TurboGrafx thread with Emmett Turner once I got my SuperGrafx, which is how I learned about it. It started a few posts before this, I think, but basically read through the posts on this page here where Emmett talks about it and there's the Twitter thingy where he asked Chris Covell about it: