IGNORED

Museum obtains rare demo of id Software’s Super Mario Bros. 3 PC port

Ok I'll be the entitled sounding one here.

I'm happy this has been found and preserved, but I'm also annoyed, angered a little, and a wee bit disgusted too.

It's a shame this second tier museum got the demo instead of the big proper preservation, display, and share efforts the Video game museum frank cifaldi runs and administers to the public.

The demo will NOT be made available to the public, it will not be displayed either.  It will be hidden and only for actual known historians for research, basically it'll be like the vatican vault status, need major cred, permission, eyes only, and nothing leaves the dungeon.  Very selfish.

Well, the video I just saw of this PC port looks impressive technically, but at the same time, it makes me realize just how much effort Nintendo programmers put into the physics of their 2D Mario games. The PC port's jumping and collision physics looks a little off, by comparison. Also, can you imagine playing SMB3 with a keyboard? Ugh...  :)