Are you getting an Amico?

Are you getting an Amico? Poll  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting an Amico?

• Yes, For Sure, Already Pre-ordered and can't wait
    • No, Never, Not a chance ever, Nothing could make me ever want an Amico
    • Yes, For Sure but waiting until after launch
    • Yes, For Sure but will wait for a price drop or special bundle
    • Maybe, On the Fence with an open mind but still need to wait and see what happens

2 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Honestly, bsaed on what I've personally seen, I don't think you could be more wrong there. I've got several friends that would have a shit fit if anyone tried to call them a 'gamer' - because that's for nerds and stuff, but pretty much all of them have picked up a Switch.

Hell, my Dad has one. MY DAD. He's not owned a games console since, amusingly enough, the Intellivision!

I agree with this 100%. It seems to be people want to ignore that there are plenty of casual options. Top 3 games my wife plays. Animal Crossing, Clubhouse Games, Carcassone. People act like Animal Crossing is hardcore but it isn't. Going back to the original it is the game that plays while you are away. You could play it once a day or once a month and it is no problem either way. It is 100% flexible to how you want to play.

My mom is the same way as your day basically. She was the one that requested us kids keep an eye out for a Switch to pick up for her. She has never said she specifically wanted a console. All of the house purchases were basically based around us kids.

Intellivision wants you to think it's for hardcore gamers only, but the reality is it isn't. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lusorius said:

I am also not sure whether the term "hardcore" is appropriate. I think that we need something like "midcore", or "softcore" ;).

I was referring to games like Just Dance and Dance Central. These games are as hardcore as it gets. They require a lot of learning and a lot of training in order to successfully play them.

I consider that what truly defines a gamer is not the amount of time he plays games or even the difficulty of the game, but the reason why he plays games. Based on this, I would define at least five main categories of gamers : pastime gamers, casual gamers, social gamers, obsessive-compulsive gamers and hardcore gamers. I would add to that a theoretical sixth category, educational gamers, but unfortunately the gaming industry as a whole is ignoring these potential gamers (which is ironic to me considering that to play games comes mostly from an instinct to learn).

Playing occassionaly Mario Kart does not seem "hardcore" to me. It is maybe not casual but neither it is "hardcore", imho. 

I won't judge Mario Kart because I hate this game. To me, it's a fast food game. It's like a McDonald's Big Mac. However, the important thing to understand is that games are tools. They are used to fulfill needs. Some games are better suited for a casual gamer needs, some are better suited for a hardcore gamer needs, but the same way I can use a screw driver to drive a nail into a piece of wood, a casual gamer can use a hardcore game to fulfill his casual gaming needs.

The same question is true for Amico and its simple games. I just wanted to point out that Nintendo seems to aim quite well at these folks - simplicity, movement and fun for the whole family.

Simplicity is not really what defines casual games.

A casual gamer is mostly someone who doesn't get a strong feeling of reward while playing a game. The casual gamer thinks playing game is kind of fun for short periods of time, but also pointless. Because of this, the casual gamer is not interested in investing a lot of time learning the game. However, if the learning curve is slow, then the casual gamer can end up playing a complex games.

And if they buy one console for this, will they buy another one?

No, I guess they won't. If they buy an Amico, they won't buy a Switch.

3 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Honestly, bsaed on what I've personally seen, I don't think you could be more wrong there. I've got several friends that would have a shit fit if anyone tried to call them a 'gamer' - because that's for nerds and stuff, but pretty much all of them have picked up a Switch.

Hell, my Dad has one. MY DAD. He's not owned a games console since, amusingly enough, the Intellivision!

As of June 30, the Nintendo Switch had sold 89 million units for a population of 7.8 billion people. OK, let's remove half of the population for being too poor to buy a Switch. This leaves us with 3.9 billion people (to put things in perspective, 4.88 billion people have a mobile phone, including 3.8 billion with smartphones). Now let's suppose that, on average, one Switch is used by two people and that no one ever bought a new Switch to replace a broken one. This means the effective number of people playing with a Switch of 178 million people. This means a market penetration of about 4.5%.

Can we at least acknowledge that, beyond worthless anecdotal "evidence", it is a fact that very few people are interested in buying a Switch? Why do you think that is?

Your dad may have a Switch, but your dad is obviously not the typical casual gamer. BTW, what games did your dad bought on his Switch?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

7 hours ago, Lusorius said:

I think that with the partial exception of the price for games and multiplayer in all games, this is exactly the marketing of Switch. + You get portability, games for younger and older ones, Fitness, singing, dancing etc. And of course, Switch has also many cheap games on its online shop.

I mean: Yes, Amico seems to be more simple (and more limiting as well) but if one decides based on marketing, Switch goes for the same audience and gives you the promise of the ultimate device that can cover the whole family with one console.

But maybe Amico marketing will be successful :). Curious to see their strategy. And maybe they will also have some fitness apps/singing/dancing/more moving games in future. I also don't want to be rude or wish ill but recent ads from Nintendo got my attention.

I don’t think you were around a year+ ago, unless you were lurking or a different account or something, but the “why not just get a Switch” had a LOT of back n’ forth on here.  It was fascinating to see how, in a world has dozens or auto brands (offering similar services for the same market) hundreds of TV Manufacturers (offering similar services for the same market) etc etc, so many people drew a hard line at “Switch exists, so why would anyone want this thing?”

Points were made.  Lines were drawn.  Tribes were formed.  😁

59 minutes ago, Papy said:

As of June 30, the Nintendo Switch had sold 89 million units for a population of 7.8 billion people. OK, let's remove half of the population for being too poor to buy a Switch. This leaves us with 3.9 billion people (to put things in perspective, 4.88 billion people have a mobile phone, including 3.8 billion with smartphones). Now let's suppose that, on average, one Switch is used by two people and that no one ever bought a new Switch to replace a broken one. This means the effective number of people playing with a Switch of 178 million people. This means a market penetration of about 4.5%.

Can we at least acknowledge that, beyond worthless anecdotal "evidence", it is a fact that very few people are interested in buying a Switch? Why do you think that is?

Your dad may have a Switch, but your dad is obviously not the typical casual gamer. BTW, what games did your dad bought on his Switch?

That's a very important point, too.  There's a huge market out there for someone to capture.  Maybe Amico will tap into enough of it to win success.  If not, maybe someone else will be able to build off their failures and try again.

40 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Points were made.  Lines were drawn.  Tribes were formed.  😁

Of course. No problem :) . Just that one specific ad got my attention and pointed me to lack of two types of games on Amico (Fitness, Dancing). Otherwise, the more options for people, the better.

2 hours ago, Papy said:

Sorry, that's just an asnine remark. Switch is currently the 7th highest-selling games console of all-time and it's easily got another 2 years to keep selling.

So your 'fact' that 'very few people are interested in buying a Switch' sounds monumentally silly.

I'm not sure anything will ever top the PS2 or DS (though those DS figures are based on the entire range), but I can certainly see it finishing with PS4 / GB numbers. 'Very few people' indeed. Did you notice a week or two ago that for two consecutive weeks, the top 30 software sales in Japan were ENTIRELY Switch titles - the first time since 1988 that it's happened?

I know a certain company that would be absolutely delighted with even a tenth of those numbers.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Papy said:

Can we at least acknowledge that, beyond worthless anecdotal "evidence", it is a fact that very few people are interested in buying a Switch?

These Amico threads really yield some surreal opinions - from both sides.

1 hour ago, youxia said:

These Amico threads really yield some surreal opinions - from both sides.

Stumbled into this on Reddit (What people will say about this in two years): Would one run into issues using a SSD in a 360E?

So I've been looking around trying to get a clear answer on whether or not you even ~can~ put a SSD in an Xbox 360. Most of the results I find are all 2-4 year old forum posts where there's a bunch of people who seem to be posting like they're experts who hint that they haven't actually done it to find out... So basically... Idiots who like to be "helpful"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, mr_me said:

What you see on Atariage isn't necessarily representative of anything.

That was my point actually. ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yes, like most internet discussion forums the conversation is mostly between a handful of people.  An extremely small sample of the community they represent.  Anecdotes about family members likes and dislikes are also inconsequential.

• Haha 1

I like the look of the black console. I like the controllers. I like how the boxes look for physical media.

But 98% of the games are couch co op bullshit and no online.

This thing is going to cost me over $300 and no online play? I'm the only one I know who cares about consoles older than NES out of all my friends.... and whats left of my family.

I get what he's trying to do. But this family friendly model is not going to work. You need to have some games that are violent in some way. Castlevania, Contra, Mega Man, etc.

Im seeing almost nothing for single player.

Just shit.

So I was getting one when they announced it.

I am not getting one now that I know all I need to know.

I am still planning a cross border VCS hunt. Canada still doesn't have those.

Everything about this thing outside of 2 or 3 games is a hard pass for me.

Unless they start bringing real games to this thing that appeals to people younger than 55.... no thanks.

How do you just implant EarthWorm Jim into something like this and have absolutely nothing else like it? No shooters, run and guns, fighting games? Like wtf.

Did they forget how old people were roughly when they played EarthWorm Jim....or Ecco...and what generation that dropped in? EWJ gave me hope some other games of that era or atleast games similar to them would be on here as well.

Need some T rated games or M. It would be cool to play Mortal Kombat or something like that on Amico. Blood....and guns..... not saying I need to execute hookers and steal their money while taking over street corners and doing drive bys....

But shooting aliens or enemy soldiers. That never gets old.

Tommy will learn the hardway when it's time.  I just worry it will be too late for the Amico when he does.

This thing won't sell more than a million tops. And thats on the highest end of my predictions.

I think realistically it will sell 300,000 with things as is.

It could be 10 million if we get real single player games.

Edited by sn8k

5 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Sorry, that's just an asnine remark. Switch is currently the 7th highest-selling games console of all-time and it's easily got another 2 years to keep selling.

So your 'fact' that 'very few people are interested in buying a Switch' sounds monumentally silly.

No, saying very few people on this planet are interested in buying a Switch is not an "asinine remark", it's just an obvious fact.

Another way I like to evaluate the importance of the Switch in the gaming world is by comparing with the number of people who played Candy Crush. According to Wikipedia : "by 2014, the game had over 245 million active players each month but has since dropped off, with that count falling to around 166 million by 2016.[30] It again rose back to 293 million active monthly players by November 2017."

In September 2016, Candy Crush reached the milestone of 1 TRILLION games played. People had already played with this game 1 TRILLION times by 2016 and in 2017 there were still 293 million active players.

The most popular Switch game is Mario Kart with 37 million copies sold. In comparison, Candy Crush Saga had been downloaded 2.73 billion times by 2016 and people continued to download it and to play it after that.

Now don't get me wrong, although there were a few match-3 games that I liked (for example I bought 7 Wonders : The Treasures of Seven on Steam and liked it), I don't like Candy Crush Saga at all. The game is designed to be addictive and "abusive". I'm repulsed by that. However, Candy Crush does show how small current consoles are in the gaming world.

I also want to be proven wrong. Even if the games aren't for me. I like Tommy and do want him to succeed.

4 hours ago, Papy said:

People can call it annedoctal but just throwing out there are 3 billion casual gamers isn't looking at the entire data either. I personally would start with data on how many total household own a TV.

Then how many of those households only casual game on their phones? That is going to be significantly lower than the 3 billion. There will be places in which people have what I would call cheap burner phone for work but not a TV. Them downloading one game on their phone would classify them as a casual gamer, but they wouldn't be a possible target for Amico. Unless they are doing a buy an Amico get a TV free somewhere. Don't forget to remove the hardcore gamer number from the casual gamer number/TV if there is crossover and they own a TV.

It's a similar issue with looking at data that says a mobile gamer spends a certain dollar amount. You have to factor things in like when you remove ad revenue what is the new number. You have to look at the mobile gaming whales and if they would be classified as "casual" and you would need to look at the crossover between those who are considered hardcore and factor all that in.

My house has one Switch and three mobile devices. My wife, my son, and I haven't spent one dime on a mobile game. However, any game that has an ad will count towards that total dollar amount spent on mobile. That is another confounding factor into these broad generalizations. Not to mention some of that revenue is through loot boxes and microtransactions. Which you could make an arguement needs to come out of the total money spent per user, since those methods of revenue will not be on Amico.

TLDR. Broad generalizations about data is basically the same as anecdotal. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

People can call it annedoctal but just throwing out there are 3 billion casual gamers isn't looking at the entire data either. I personally would start with data on how many total household own a TV.

Then how many of those households only casual game on their phones? That is going to be significantly lower than the 3 billion. There will be places in which people have what I would call cheap burner phone for work but not a TV. Them downloading one game on their phone would classify them as a casual gamer, but they wouldn't be a possible target for Amico. Unless they are doing a buy an Amico get a TV free somewhere. Don't forget to remove the hardcore gamer number from the casual gamer number/TV if there is crossover and they own a TV.

It's a similar issue with looking at data that says a mobile gamer spends a certain dollar amount. You have to factor things in like when you remove ad revenue what is the new number. You have to look at the mobile gaming whales and if they would be classified as "casual" and you would need to look at the crossover between those who are considered hardcore and factor all that in.

My house has one Switch and three mobile devices. My wife, my son, and I haven't spent one dime on a mobile game. However, any game that has an ad will count towards that total dollar amount spent on mobile. That is another confounding factor into these broad generalizations. Not to mention some of that revenue is through loot boxes and microtransactions. Which you could make an arguement needs to come out of the total money spent per user, since those methods of revenue will not be on Amico.

TLDR:  Put the TLDR part in the front of the rant.

Put the TLDR part in the front of the rant, dagnabbit!  😁  By time we get to the TLDR part, we've already read what looks to be about 300 words or so.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

TLDR:  Put the TLDR part in the front of the rant.

Put the TLDR part in the front of the rant, dagnabbit!  😁  By time we get to the TLDR part, we've already read what looks to be about 300 words or so.

If you didn't get the TLDR vibe before you got to the warning I can't help you. 😋

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Papy said:

No, saying very few people on this planet are interested in buying a Switch is not an "asinine remark", it's just an obvious fact.

Another way I like to evaluate the importance of the Switch in the gaming world is by comparing with the number of people who played Candy Crush. According to Wikipedia : "by 2014, the game had over 245 million active players each month but has since dropped off, with that count falling to around 166 million by 2016.[30] It again rose back to 293 million active monthly players by November 2017."

In September 2016, Candy Crush reached the milestone of 1 TRILLION games played. People had already played with this game 1 TRILLION times by 2016 and in 2017 there were still 293 million active players.

The most popular Switch game is Mario Kart with 37 million copies sold. In comparison, Candy Crush Saga had been downloaded 2.73 billion times by 2016 and people continued to download it and to play it after that.

Now don't get me wrong, although there were a few match-3 games that I liked (for example I bought 7 Wonders : The Treasures of Seven on Steam and liked it), I don't like Candy Crush Saga at all. The game is designed to be addictive and "abusive". I'm repulsed by that. However, Candy Crush does show how small current consoles are in the gaming world.

You are comparing apples and oranges. 

A mobile device is something that most household will have multiples of. There are seven of us in our house, and all seven of us own a phone. Hell, even I've played Candy Crush - it was pre-installed on my last phone, and killed five minutes on the throne.

You can only evaluate the importance of Switch against other dedicated physical consoles, of which, as I've pointed out, it's currently the seventh best-selling of all time, and still selling, with the OLED sure to cause a spike. I would bet by the end of its life, it'll end up the third/fourth of all-time.

Tell me, how many copies do you think, say, Astrosmash will sell vs those 37 million Mario Kart sales?

Some serious mental gymnastics going on here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Amico has a racing game, Nitro Derby, for those that don't like split screen multiplayer or Nintendo graphics and audio style.  In fact no Amico multiplayer games have split screens as a distinguishing feature, all players interact in a single view.  Haven't seen anything like Candy Crush on Amico, but Astrosmash and Shark Shark seem oriented to ultra casuals.  If the Switch is so successful at family gaming and social gaming than there should be a second entry in the market, especially one that offers different experiences.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sn8k said:

Everything about this thing outside of 2 or 3 games is a hard pass for me.

Unless they start bringing real games to this thing that appeals to people younger than 55.... no thanks.

How do you just implant EarthWorm Jim into something like this and have absolutely nothing else like it? No shooters, run and guns, fighting games? Like wtf.

Did they forget how old people were roughly when they played EarthWorm Jim....or Ecco...and what generation that dropped in? EWJ gave me hope some other games of that era or atleast games similar to them would be on here as well.

Need some T rated games or M. It would be cool to play Mortal Kombat or something like that on Amico. Blood....and guns..... not saying I need to execute hookers and steal their money while taking over street corners and doing drive bys....

But shooting aliens or enemy soldiers. That never gets old.

Tommy will learn the hardway when it's time.  I just worry it will be too late for the Amico when he does.

This thing won't sell more than a million tops. And thats on the highest end of my predictions.

I think realistically it will sell 300,000 with things as is.

It could be 10 million if we get real single player games.

No offence but this seems a bit delusional. Amico entire focus is on being family friendly, and there are plenty of successful non-violent games out there. There's only one teen rated game in the top 10 of best seeling Switch games, and only 3 in the top 20. Amico lineup is definitely questionable, but adding blood wouldn't solve the problem at all. You're basically asking for a retro-console appealing to your taste. I understand that sometimes it may be confusing to see where Amico is trying to appeal new audience and where it's actually nostalgia for retrogamers, but they made quite clear what the console's goal is. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Retrodon said:

I understand that sometimes it may be confusing to see where Amico is trying to appeal new audience and where it's actually nostalgia for retrogamers, but they made quite clear what the console's goal is. 

You've actually just summed up my thoughts very well there. The initial reveal, the one that caught my interest, was mostly Intellivision classics, with coin-ops my Data East and Irem also bandied around. It seems to have shifted direction quite dramatically as it has developed, and, while I wish them all the best, it's turned out very differently than I personally envisioned.

• Like 2

The initial reveal was pretty clear that they'll have a mix of reimagined classic titles and new titles.  About half the games they've been showing are reimagined classic titles.

Edited by mr_me

20 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

People can call it annedoctal but just throwing out there are 3 billion casual gamers isn't looking at the entire data either.

You claim that not looking at the entire data is the same as looking at only one anecdotal data. That's obviously not the case. I'll use an example to make you understand...

Suppose you have a bag with 100 marbles in it. Each marble can be of any color. Now suppose you ask two people to tell you what the colors of these marbles are. The first person decides that anecdotal evidence is good enough, so he draws one marble from the ball, he sees the marble is red, and therefore he tells you that the bag contains 100 red marbles. As for the second person, he randomly draws 50 marbles from the bag, note that 10 marbles were red, 15 were blue and 25 were yellow. That person doesn't look at the rest of the data and then tells you that there are 20 red marbles in the bag, 30 blue marbles and 50 yellow marbles.

Tell me... do you still believe that not looking at the entire data is the same as using anecdotal evidence?

I personally would start with data on how many total household own a TV.

I was explaining that the vast majority of casual gamers are not interested in buying a Nintendo Switch. The Switch does not need a TV. Therefore this data is irrelevant.

Then how many of those households only casual game on their phones?

Not only that's irrelevant, but you are pretty much begging the question. You can't assume that someone who currently plays only on his phone can't buy a Switch.

That is going to be significantly lower than the 3 billion.

Again, wondering how many households own a TV and how many people play only on smartphones is irrelevant to evaluate how many casual gamers could potentially buy a Switch. More importantly, you can't come to a conclusion like "significantly lower" only by asking questions (even if these questions were relevant). You have to use facts and to use reasoning. A hypothesis alone is never an information that allows you to draw a conclusion.

There will be places in which people have what I would call cheap burner phone for work but not a TV.

I don't think you understand the concept of burner phones. Anyway, that's again irrelevant to what I said. The Switch does not need a TV.

Them downloading one game on their phone would classify them as a casual gamer, but they wouldn't be a possible target for Amico. Unless they are doing a buy an Amico get a TV free somewhere.

OK, since you obviously don't want to respond to what I said and instead want to change the subject to the Amico, let's do that...

The idea that people can't buy an Amico because they don't own a TV is false. Since you like anecdotal evidence, I'll talk about me. Except for an old CRT TV that I use only with my ColecoVision and my C128, I don't have a TV anymore. It didn't stop me from pre-ordering an Amico last month.

Anyway, a TV is now really cheap. A new 32" TV is around $200 CDN. On the Best Buy Canada website, I can buy a refurbished 32" TV for $120 CDN. There are even some liquidation stores where I can get a 32" TV for $99 CDN. Worst case scenario, I just checked on Kijiji and someone is selling a used 32" TV for $40 CDN. In fact, again on Kijiji, there are many TV for free (mainly CRT or projection TV). The reality is people can already get a TV for free and they don't even have to buy an Amico for that!

Don't forget to remove the hardcore gamer number from the casual gamer number/TV if there is crossover and they own a TV.

Why? Hardcore gamers can certainly buy either a Switch or an Amico.

It's a similar issue with looking at data that says a mobile gamer spends a certain dollar amount.

Who are you responding to? I never talked about that and it is again irrelevant to what I said.

My house has one Switch and three mobile devices. My wife, my son, and I haven't spent one dime on a mobile game.

Again, irrelevant. In fact, you prove yourself that even cheap people who never spend a dime on a mobile game can still buy a console.

However, any game that has an ad will count towards that total dollar amount spent on mobile. That is another confounding factor into these broad generalizations.

No, it's not a "confounding factor into these broad generalizations" at all. Again, I never mentioned dollar spent.

I hope you now understand why this is false.

Anyway, I showed that all the arguments you came up were either irrelevant or false. Do you still believe I'm wrong? If yes, based on what argument?

-

10 hours ago, Parker77 said:

You are comparing apples and oranges.

Really? So I can't compare the popularity of one video game against another?

A mobile device is something that most household will have multiples of. There are seven of us in our house, and all seven of us own a phone. Hell, even I've played Candy Crush - it was pre-installed on my last phone, and killed five minutes on the throne.

Your mother (or your wife) is not an ordinary woman! Anyway, what's your point? In what way your anecdotal evidence is relevant to what I said?

You can only evaluate the importance of Switch against other dedicated physical consoles

My point was not to compare the Switch against other existing consoles, it was to show that very few casual gamers are interested in having a Switch. It was to show that casual gamers don't feel the Switch is for them. Nothing more. You may believe that the Switch is good for casual gamers, but casual gamers obviously disagree with you.

Tell me, how many copies do you think, say, Astrosmash will sell vs those 37 million Mario Kart sales?

Ah, you too you choose to ignore what I said and instead change the subject. Very well...

Astrosmash will be included with the console. So I don't think many people will buy it separately.

As for the success, or lack thereof, of the Amico, I have zero clue. It depends on too much info that only Intellivision knows. Short term success will depend mainly on how much money Intellivision can put into marketing. I'm pretty sure it will be minimal, so I don't expect a rush to buy Amicos. The Amico will have to rely mostly on word-of-mouth. As for long-term success, it depends if the published games will attract casual gamers. My opinion is that "retro-reimagined" games will interest only a niche. If these games are meant to be the main aspect of the Amico, then the console won't sell much. On the other hand, if Intellivision can select developers with a non-classical vision of video gaming, then it could be widely successful.

Personally, I believe the next revolution in gaming will be educational games for adults. For example, I've said in the past that it would be great if Intellivision could get the guy owning the Primitive Technology Youtube channel to participate in the development of an educational game. The number 1 reason non-hardcore gamers don't play more video games is because they believe it's a waste of time. They feel guilt when they play video games. Remove this guilt and you have a gold mine.

Some serious mental gymnastics going on here.

Yes, but I'm not the one doing it.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Retrodon said:

No offence but this seems a bit delusional. Amico entire focus is on being family friendly, and there are plenty of successful non-violent games out there. There's only one teen rated game in the top 10 of best seeling Switch games, and only 3 in the top 20. Amico lineup is definitely questionable, but adding blood wouldn't solve the problem at all. You're basically asking for a retro-console appealing to your taste. I understand that sometimes it may be confusing to see where Amico is trying to appeal new audience and where it's actually nostalgia for retrogamers, but they made quite clear what the console's goal is. 

It wont be delusional when its dead in 2 years. What you want to do vs what is going to sell are 2 different things.

Nintendo is family friendly..... but you can also play Doom and Mortal Kombat on their platform.

You'll see it my way soon. Just don't act surprised and say something stupid like " I don't get where they went wrong".....

It's not 1982 anymore. You need actual [email protected]#$%ing games if you want to survive.

Jaguar was a prime example of a dated approach being unable to go up against what the new norm was.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sn8k said:

It wont be delusional when its dead in 2 years. What you want to do vs what is going to sell are 2 different things.

Nintendo is family friendly..... but you can also play Doom and Mortal Kombat on their platform.

You'll see it my way soon. Just don't act surprised and say something stupid like " I don't get where they went wrong".....

It's not 1982 anymore. You need actual [email protected]#$%ing games if you want to survive.

Jaguar was a prime example of a dated approach being unable to go up against what the new norm was.

I'm not saying Amico is a guaranteed success  or doesn't need improvements, I'm saying that blood and violence aren't necessary to sell a console. Doom and MK aren't even in the top 50 of the best selling games on Switch, meaning that if they were absent Switch's change in appeal to the public would be negligible. Amico DEFINITELY has yet to show its strengths, but what it needs are quality games which show why should I buy this console over the others, and "blood and violence" are completely irrelevant. It would defeat one of the main goals of the console, which is being more family friendly than even the Switch, without adding much to the appeal.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Retrodon said:

I'm not saying Amico is a guaranteed success  or doesn't need improvements, I'm saying that blood and violence aren't necessary to sell a console. Doom and MK aren't even in the top 50 of the best selling games on Switch, meaning that if they were absent Switch's change in appeal to the public would be negligible. Amico DEFINITELY has yet to show its strengths, but what it needs are quality games which show why should I buy this console over the others, and "blood and violence" are completely irrelevant. It would defeat one of the main goals of the console, which is being more family friendly than even the Switch, without adding much to the appeal.  

You're over 50 aren't you?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1