Jump to content
Bonkey Kong

Are you getting an Amico?

Are you getting an Amico? Poll  

127 members have voted

  1. 1. Are you getting an Amico?

    • Yes, For Sure, Already Pre-ordered and can't wait
      44
    • No, Never, Not a chance ever, Nothing could make me ever want an Amico
      37
    • Yes, For Sure but waiting until after launch
      3
    • Yes, For Sure but will wait for a price drop or special bundle
      5
    • Maybe, On the Fence with an open mind but still need to wait and see what happens
      38


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, sn8k said:

Doom and MK aren't even in the top 50 of the best selling games on Switch

Because 90% of people who buy a Switch do so for Nintendo games. That top 50 list is filled with exclusive Nintendo titles.

 

Another large percentage had a PS4 or Xbox prior and played Doom in 2016 already. 

 

Doom might not be in the top 50 games sold on Switch..... But Resident Evil is.

 

Which is my point.

 

We don't live in a time where Missile Command or Space Invaders are the biggest games...... they have"nt held that spot in 40 years. There were never millions upon millions of Intellivision fans either. 

 

Online play could have changed things for me. I could have learned to like some of these games..... now with no one to play with because my friends are playjng either COD or Battlefield......

 

I will watch it's failure from a distance.

 

Then hopefully a resurgence when someone finally decides 100% family friendly fun isn't working.

 

2 years. It will be dead. Mark my words.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and Tommy himself had this very same argument before. When I mentioned Castlevania, Contra, Streets of Rage etc.

 

He then says..... " Well none of the games you mentioned are mature titles and  could totally come to Amico, I don't see what the issue is"......

 

Well, where the [email protected]#% are they then?

 

That's the issue.  

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sn8k said:

Because 90% of people who buy a Switch do so for Nintendo games. That top 50 list is filled with exclusive Nintendo titles.

 

Another large percentage had a PS4 or Xbox prior and played Doom in 2016 already. 

 

Doom might not be in the top 50 games sold on Switch..... But Resident Evil is.

 

Which is my point.

 

We don't live in a time where Missile Command or Space Invaders are the biggest games...... they have"nt held that spot in 40 years. There were never millions upon millions of Intellivision fans either. 

 

Online play could have changed things for me. I could have learned to like some of these games..... now with no one to play with because my friends are playjng either COD or Battlefield......

 

I will watch it's failure from a distance.

 

Then hopefully a resurgence when someone finally decides 100% family friendly fun isn't working.

 

2 years. It will be dead. Mark my words.

 

 

 

 

But that's exactly the point, Amico needs the "Amico titles" to sell. IE has to create its own ecosystem like Nintendo did to survive, although -of course- on a much smaller scale. I'm not saying Amico can survive on Astrosmash, what I'm saying is that mature games WON'T save Amico by just existing, 'cause you can easily get them elsewhere too. Just Dance (random example) would probably do more for Amico than any game with blood and mature content, because that's the kind of console Amico is trying to pull off. You're completely off track if you think that mature games will make people choose Amico over Switch, because a family friendly console that offers mature content on the side it's exactly what Switch already is, and Amico has zero chance to compete directly. It needs to create its own niche. How? Hard to say, they're trying to pull off a super family friendly console with a bit of nostalgia. Will it succeed? Hard to say, but I'm absolutely positive that adding gore at this stage of marketing and development would be totally counterproductive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Retrodon said:

But that's exactly the point, Amico needs the "Amico titles" to sell. IE has to create its own ecosystem like Nintendo did to survive, although -of course- on a much smaller scale. I'm not saying Amico can survive on Astrosmash, what I'm saying is that mature games WON'T save Amico by just existing, 'cause you can easily get them elsewhere too. Just Dance (random example) would probably do more for Amico than any game with blood and mature content, because that's the kind of console Amico is trying to pull off. You're completely off track if you think that mature games will make people choose Amico over Switch, because a family friendly console that offers mature content on the side it's exactly what Switch already is, and Amico has zero chance to compete directly. It needs to create its own niche. How? Hard to say, they're trying to pull off a super family friendly console with a bit of nostalgia. Will it succeed? Hard to say, but I'm absolutely positive that adding gore at this stage of marketing and development would be totally counterproductive. 

Are you not listening to what I'm saying?

 

I want to shoot aliens......

 

I want to beat the shit out of people....

 

I want to go on quests and slay dragons.

 

Maybe take on dracula....again. in a new game.

 

Thats typical gaming.

 

 Doing hookers in a dark alley, running down pedestrians and shooting innocent people point blank in the face.....I can see how this is excessive..

 

But I dont see how something like Blazing Chrome or some other action packed indy game that involves 16 bit style guns and explosions can seriously be called gore.

 

I don't have a SEGA CD..... But I would play Terminator on Amico if it was available......considering Tommy did that soundtrack and it is considered one of the best of all time. 

 

Im not saying every single game needs to be Contra but every single game cannot be this shit that is going on right now.

 

5 or 6 action games in a sea of 30 family titles? That's not too much to ask.

 

That means someone like me might actually buy this thing.

 

I can tell you right now. I wont.

 

I can see millions of others feeling the same way.

 

The original intellivision could be considered more violent than this.

 

Does Nintendo market violence? No they dont. 99% of the time its some cutesy mario or kirby' or splatoon thing with people being eliminated in cute non violent ways or some stupid new little toy.....

 

But if you want more mature games.... they are there too. And they dont really ram it down your throat either. If it was based purely on marketing alone..... you wouldnt even know they had Doom, Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil , Friday The 13th or what ever else has massive amounts of blood..... you know about these games on a Nintendo platform either because someone wrote about it, did a youtube video on it or you saw it on the shelf.

Nintendo rarely advertises it themselves.

 

Or if they mentioned it themselves in a direct and told you it was coming.... it gets 3 seconds and they move on to the next family friendly title to show footage of.

 

There are ways to sell more mature single player games without advertising them.

 

I never said dump the entire current catalog and replace it with violent games across the board.....

 

Though it would sell better if it did.

 

Don't act like that isn't totally plausible either.

 

 

Edited by sn8k
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are three other consoles that do it all already, plus PC.  The people making the Amico feel there is a market that wants to avoid certain types of games entirely.

 

Of course there will be action games on Amico, shooting aliens, slaying dragons, maybe even Dracula.  They have a licence for a beatemup, Bad Dudes, that will be iffy.

Edited by mr_me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sn8k said:

Are you not listening to what I'm saying?

 

I want to shoot aliens......

 

I want to beat the shit out of people....

 

I want to go on quests and slay dragons.

 

Maybe take on dracula....again. in a new game.

 

Thats typical gaming.

 

 Doing hookers in a dark alley, running down pedestrians and shooting innocent people point blank in the face.....I can see how this is excessive..

 

But I dont see how something like Blazing Chrome or some other action packed indy game that involves 16 bit style guns and explosions can seriously be called gore.

 

I don't have a SEGA CD..... But I would play Terminator on Amico if it was available......considering Tommy did that soundtrack and it is considered one of the best of all time. 

 

Im not saying every single game needs to be Contra but every single game cannot be this shit that is going on right now.

 

5 or 6 action games in a sea of 30 family titles? That's not too much to ask.

 

That means someone like me might actually buy this thing.

 

I can tell you right now. I wont.

 

I can see millions of others feeling the same way.

 

The original intellivision could be considered more violent than this.

 

I totally get what you're saying. I'm just saying it's nonsense strategy for Amico, at least at this point in development. It's too late to change marketing strategy, it's too early to introduce radical novelties. Introducing mature games NOW would destroy all the communication done until now, get a only a few nostalgic players like yourself and then lose the market to Switch which has the same things and much more to offer there.  You're confusing your personal preferences to what would make sense for this specific console in this specific moment. Amico needs stronger games than the current lineup, for sure. Mature content isn't needed. Also Action Games can totally happen and should happen without the need for mature content. The same goes for shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Retrodon said:

I totally get what you're saying. I'm just saying it's nonsense strategy for Amico, at least at this point in development. It's too late to change marketing strategy, it's too early to introduce radical novelties. Introducing mature games NOW would destroy all the communication done until now, get a only a few nostalgic players like yourself and then lose the market to Switch which has the same things and much more to offer there.  You're confusing your personal preferences to what would make sense for this specific console in this specific moment. Amico needs stronger games than the current lineup, for sure. Mature content isn't needed. Also Action Games can totally happen and should happen without the need for mature content. The same goes for shooting.

Tommy is the one who said games like that would be coming in the beginning. And it seems it was just to rope people like me into buying one on a hope that they would.

 

This is my issue... he argues that they can totally get those games...... ok..

 

Go get them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You get them. I will buy an Amico.

 

 

Period.

 

Maybe someone doesn't want to support the big 3 and let someone else have a decent shot.

 

So the argument that there are 3 other places that do this already does not work.

 

I want to support underdogs. Not ones that have to limit themselves and shoot themselves in the foot too. I want this thing to do well. I want it to hit its maximum potential.

 

I want to see it do so well it gets a follow up.

 

Why cant we get new 2.5D Contras, Mega Mans, Casltsvania, etc.

 

 

Edited by sn8k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the big 3 isnt doing shit like that as their main focus. It's secondary to all their AAA cinematic expeeriences and online multiplayer. 

 

I want to see someone bring out all new versions and remakes of old games....but in 2.5D....... someone who's main focus will be to deliver retro experiences...... new graphics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tommy made it sound like this thing was going to have everything.

 

It clearly doesn't if we're having this discussion..... especially when the games I'm referring to aren't unreasonable to put on this thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how many times I have bought a Contra game or how many times i have repurchased any of them in the series....

 

But would buy it again if it came in a nice baby blue intellivision box.

 

I never played Axiom Verge, Blazing Chrome or Valfaris..... before.... but I would seriously consider getting them if was able to buy physical versions on Amico. 

Edited by sn8k
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting shit like this.

 

Intellivania.... I can play the original on NES. Does that mean I should stop playing intellivania? No. I actually really like the game on intellivision. It kinda sucks it never happened officially.

unnamed.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw I bought Intellivania...... it's excellent.

 

I would have bought an official Castlevania aswell on Amico.

Edited by sn8k
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

33 minutes ago, sn8k said:

...

 

Why cant we get new 2.5D Contras, Mega Mans, Casltsvania, etc.

Are you looking for those specific licenses or just similar themed games or gameplay.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mr_me said:

 

Are you looking for those specific licenses or just similar themed games or gameplay.  

 

Both. Which ever company wanted to bring their respective franchises to it as well as games similar....

 

Bloodstained and Blazing Chrome would fit the bill.

 

Even if we never got the official games.... but indie developers were able to bring all of their inspired games over....

 

I would be cool with that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or completely new games which would have that level of retro violence.

 

My Friend Pedro..... I would  buy that immediately for Amico....boxed. And that should be the most violent game on the system. Nothing should go beyond that. Everything below it should be fine. 

 

Blasphemous? Or other MetroidVania type games....

 

Instead we can hold hands and play Farkle.

Edited by sn8k
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally get it!   Just a few tweaks here n' there, and that kiddie stuff like Finnegan Fox and Sesame Street can take on a whole new life to appeal to the badass side of us.

 

FinFox.jpg.2f6c9b730bd16d8fb5e2ea9d9e2fb19b.jpg

 

SesTre.jpg.f9250bac135488753526aeed430ae53d.jpg

 

 

I was gonna add some Cornhole, but "adult" cornhole has an entirely different meaning <blush>

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or what if Konami made Metal Gear for it.... from the gameboy color.... same game. New 2.5D coat of paint. No blood. Controller screen would do cool shit with the codec and radar. That would move units.  But that would only happen if this thing sold like 20-30 million units....... and that is completely laughable.

 

Edited by sn8k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sn8k said:

Or what if Konami made Metal Gear for it.... 

 

I don't understand Konami at all.  Not just Metal Gear, but seems like they're sitting on SO MANY titles that fit that line of thinking, but they've been swept under the rug for some reason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

I don't understand Konami at all.  Not just Metal Gear, but seems like they're sitting on SO MANY titles that fit that line of thinking, but they've been swept under the run for some reason.

I don't get it either. They went from having some of the best games and having those games release consistently for years......... to ignoring all fan requests and making Pachinko games as if the entire business depends on it...... which now I think it does. 

 

SEGA is also sitting on a treasure trove of amazing franchises...... and they do next to nothing with it. People were asking for Streets of Rage 4 for over 20 years...... they finally get it. SEGA doesn't even make the game. They just have no interest in their own games no matter how many people ask for them.  But if someone else wants the license? sure go ahead make the game. Streets of Rage 4, though it is a decent game..... just doesnt have that SEGA feel to it. 

 

Clearly made by outsiders. No matter how impressive it may be at times. 

 

But konami is clearly the worst. If Metal Gear 6 and Silent Hill do not appear AT ALL this generation.....Konami is dead to me.

 

They practically already are.

Edited by sn8k
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sn8k said:

Are you not listening to what I'm saying?

 

I want to shoot aliens......

 

I want to beat the shit out of people....

 

I want to go on quests and slay dragons.

 

Maybe take on dracula....again. in a new game.

 

Thats typical gaming.

Shooting aliens or beating the shit out of people is about theme, not gameplay. I do understand that theme is needed for escapism, but gaming is much more than just escapism.

 

As modern gaming often put the emphasis on escapism, particularly to attract younger people, I could partially agree that this is "typical gaming". However, I believe this "typical gaming" seriously limit the richness of gaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Papy said:

Shooting aliens or beating the shit out of people is about theme, not gameplay. I do understand that theme is needed for escapism, but gaming is much more than just escapism.

 

As modern gaming often put the emphasis on escapism, particularly to attract younger people, I could partially agree that this is "typical gaming". However, I believe this "typical gaming" seriously limit the richness of gaming.

And I believe not having some of EVERYTHING, especially when you are technically new to THIS console space..... limits your product severely.

 

I believe it should have all the games it does currently.... plus the other stuff.  Im not saying to take anything away and replace it with violent games. Im sayig those games need to be there too.... dont advertise them unless they are big names.... but sell them regardless.

 

I would love to get another console to collect games for and I thought this would be it.

 

Its not.

 

I'm getting a VCS and a PS5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sn8k said:

And I believe not having some of EVERYTHING, especially when you are technically new to THIS console space..... limits your product severely.

 

I believe it should have all the games it does currently.... plus the other stuff.  Im not saying to take anything away and replace it with violent games. Im sayig those games need to be there too.... dont advertise them unless they are big names.... but sell them regardless.

Are you the kind of people who go to a sushi restaurant and then demand to speak to the manager to complain that you can't order a pizza? Do you say to the manager, "I'm not saying you should stop making sushi, I just want you to start making pizza!"

 

I must admit I have a lot of difficulty understanding the reasoning behind everything having to be jacks-of-all-trade. I just don't get the argument.

 

6 hours ago, sn8k said:

I would love to get another console to collect games for and I thought this would be it.

What do you mean with "another console to collect games"? What are you looking for exactly?

 

6 hours ago, sn8k said:

I'm getting a VCS and a PS5.

There are games on the VCS? (You don't need to answer that one. I'm just being facetious.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Papy said:

Are you the kind of people who go to a sushi restaurant and then demand to speak to the manager to complain that you can't order a pizza? Do you say to the manager, "I'm not saying you should stop making sushi, I just want you to start making pizza!"

 

I must admit I have a lot of difficulty understanding the reasoning behind everything having to be jacks-of-all-trade. I just don't get the argument.

 

What do you mean with "another console to collect games"? What are you looking for exactly?

 

There are games on the VCS? (You don't need to answer that one. I'm just being facetious.)

Dumb analogy. And you know exactly what Im saying. Farkle? Or Blazing Chrome?

 

The answer is Blazing [email protected]#$%in Chrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And what do you mean another console to collect for?

 

 I want another console. And I want to buy physical games for it. Period. I didnt think I needed to be more specific. Pretty sure everything I said was quite clear.

 

Why does one buy a Switch? Or a PS5? Or a VCS? Because they want to. You dont need much more reason than that...... I just thought intellivision would fit the bill of new exciting console and new Physical games to buy for it.....to add to my growing collection of video games. That I buy....... and collect .

 

I dont buy Ps4 games expecting sushi. I want a disc and case to put on the shelf with the others...... what do I mean by that?

 

In case this is confusing, a shelf.... is something you put stuff on.

 

What is stuff you ask? It's things you buy and or make? It could be anything.

 

Games are stuff. That stuff goes on a shelf sometimes.

 

Stuff like this..... you buy at a store.

 

Whats a store? It's a place to buy food.... and stuff like games.

 

 

Dont be dense and ask stupid questions.

 

Or do ask stupid questions......Im not your dad.

 

What ever makes you comfortable. 

Edited by sn8k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...