Are you getting an Amico?

Are you getting an Amico? Poll  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting an Amico?

• Yes, For Sure, Already Pre-ordered and can't wait
    • No, Never, Not a chance ever, Nothing could make me ever want an Amico
    • Yes, For Sure but waiting until after launch
    • Yes, For Sure but will wait for a price drop or special bundle
    • Maybe, On the Fence with an open mind but still need to wait and see what happens

2 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Again, your opinion. OutRun is one of the simplest games there is. Faster, slower, left, right, gear. I've been playing it in one form or other since 1986, and it's currently the sixth/seventh most-played title on my Switch, despite taking no more than five to five and a half minutes for a run. I wonder why that might be?

Agreed, OutRun is easy and quick to play, I have it on Switch as well. The local arcade used to have OutRun but it had to be removed for repair a few months ago. It was very popular. RC Pro Am is pretty fun too. 

1 hour ago, PeterPepper said:

Agreed, OutRun is easy and quick to play, I have it on Switch as well. The local arcade used to have OutRun but it had to be removed for repair a few months ago. It was very popular. RC Pro Am is pretty fun too. 

Loved it since I was a kid. One of those where I put up with any crappy conversion I could get my hands on in between getting the odd coin in at the local arcade. Was always quite amazed that it took until the Saturn for it to be ported properly. Anyway, back on topic.... 😃

19 hours ago, Parker77 said:

Again, your opinion.

You know that an opinion MUST be supported by facts and reasoning, right? That's what I do. I always support my opinion. That's why I often use lengthy explanations. So how about you do the same?

OutRun is one of the simplest games there is. Faster, slower, left, right, gear.

Looking at it this way, pretty much every game released in the arcades on the NES. I mean it's just up/down/left/right and one or two buttons. Can you understand why your argument is obviously wrong?

I've been playing it in one form or other since 1986

I've played the game in the arcades a few times. Like the vast majority of people, I never finished it. Obviously, the game is not easy. Obviously the game needs practice.

and it's currently the sixth/seventh most-played title on my Switch, despite taking no more than five to five and a half minutes for a run. I wonder why that might be?

Instead of wondering why that might be, try to understand what are the characteristic of the game that makes you like it, try to be conscious of the emotion you feel while playing it and why you feel that emotion. Try to think and analyse the game. Try to understand why the game works for you.

Do you think you can do that?

1 hour ago, Papy said:

You know that an opinion MUST be supported by facts and reasoning, right? That's what I do. I always support my opinion. That's why I often use lengthy explanations. So how about you do the same?

Looking at it this way, pretty much every game released in the arcades on the NES. I mean it's just up/down/left/right and one or two buttons. Can you understand why your argument is obviously wrong?

I've played the game in the arcades a few times. Like the vast majority of people, I never finished it. Obviously, the game is not easy. Obviously the game needs practice.

Instead of wondering why that might be, try to understand what are the characteristic of the game that makes you like it, try to be conscious of the emotion you feel while playing it and why you feel that emotion. Try to think and analyse the game. Try to understand why the game works for you.

Do you think you can do that?

The FACT is I enjoy playing OutRun because of the sense of speed, I enjoy the sprite-scaled visuals, the soundtrack is sublime, the handling is just right, and it can still be challenging if I've gone a length of time without playing, though I tend to get back up to speed pretty quickly. Unlike some games that I play purely for a nostalgia fix (such as the original Street Fighter), OutRun is a complete package in that, in terms of a 2D sprite-based racer, I think there's very little to be improved upon. The only one in its genre I'd rate on the same level is OutRunners, which unfortunately has yet to receive a decent port.

Are we done yet? Did I pass?

Oh, and IMO, not everything in life needs to be analysed.

Edited by Parker77
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Beatley82 said:

I can still play through Sonic 2 after all these years because I still consider it fun. Not sure why else I would bother? 

fun
/fʌn/

noun
  1. enjoyment, amusement, or light-hearted pleasure.

You're not doing it properly man. Analyse the game dammit. Explain yourself!

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Parker77 said:

You're not doing it properly man. Analyse the game dammit. Explain yourself!

Ha! If Papy is not the creation of some genius troll, if he is in fact real, than he needs to be treasured for such a remarkable and relentless penchant for arguing every possible minutiae of gaming to the nth degree.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Beatley82 said:

Ha! If Papy is not the creation of some genius troll, if he is in fact real, than he needs to be treasured for such a remarkable and relentless penchant for arguing every possible minutiae of gaming to the nth degree.

I think Papy’s real name is Spock, lol!!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 3:49 AM, Parker77 said:

Oh, and IMO, not everything in life needs to be analysed.

You are free to believe that ignorance is bliss. I understand that this subject does not interest you. However, don't claim something is false simply because you don't know anything about it.

5 hours ago, Saldo said:

I think Papy’s real name is Spock, lol!!

I take that as a compliment!

23 hours ago, Papy said:

You are free to believe that ignorance is bliss. I understand that this subject does not interest you. However, don't claim something is false simply because you don't know anything about it.

You're free to believe it's ignorance, if you so wish. I call it not sucking the fun out of my hobby by trying to over-analyse and over-intellectualise it.

I bet you're a hoot at parties.

1 hour ago, Parker77 said:

You're free to believe it's ignorance, if you so wish. I call it not sucking the fun out of my hobby by trying to over-analyse and over-intellectualise it.

I bet you're a hoot at parties.

Haha, come on now......some of my most memorable gaming nights were with NBA Jam, a multi-tap, and a half hour session afterwards to analyse the emotional impact of the game and why it had been fun, we've all done that surely? 😄

Oddly, I had to play on my own after that.

• Haha 2