Sign in to follow this  
Bonkey Kong

How would you grade the Amico Launch Library?

How would you grade the Amico Launch Library?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade the Amico Launch Library? POLL

• A - Very Strong, The launch titles look like a great mix and something for everyone
    • B - Good, Some titles look great while other titles do not
    • C - Not bad, see some interesting games but overall just OK
    • D - Bad, expected much better
    • F - Horrible, nothing looks good for me, no way

Games developed in-house should not have been impacted.  Intellivision never talked about layoffs, in fact, just the opposite.

Games developed by 3rd parties are harder to quantify.  But it would be in their best interest to continue development.  Many companies do not act in their own best interest.

How many restaurants do you know that when business slows, they raise prices or cut quality OR BOTH...  Insuring their demise.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

All Amico games currently in development are by independent developers.  Again, how many games are people expecting.  They could be fairly close to what they targeted, we have to wait and see.

Edited by mr_me

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 1980gamer said:

Games developed in-house should not have been impacted.  Intellivision never talked about layoffs, in fact, just the opposite.

Games developed by 3rd parties are harder to quantify.  But it would be in their best interest to continue development.  Many companies do not act in their own best interest.

How many restaurants do you know that when business slows, they raise prices or cut quality OR BOTH...  Insuring their demise.

There should be more software finished not the same or less. This is also 9 months after it should have released.

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

Game development costs money, and the delay costs them both extra overhead and a lack of revenue to fund that game development.  So things have changed but a new game every two weeks would still mean more than fifty games out in the first year.  Not sure how many games people are expecting.

I'm pretty sure games like Cornhole were paid with Barvarian Grant money. If it is a German dev team there's a chance that money is being used. I think Cornhole may be one of those.

Otherwise what you are saying is they stopped paying their devs and that is why game development halted.

Edit: I might be getting Cornhole and Biplanes mixed up.

Edited by MrBeefy

Correct, I think it was said in an interview that some money budgeted to game development was shifted elsewhere.  Cornhole obviously wasn't affected.  In order to have more games completed they would need more money budgeted for game development and it sounds like they didn't do that.  Don't see why they would.  Why would they need more games then they initially planned.