IGNORED

PowerPaint DDP image?

timepilot

Does anyone have a DDP image for PowerPaint?  I have it as a DSK, but, after reading part of the manual and seeing the reference to SmartBASIC files on the provided media, I would like to have it as a DDP image so that I can use those files with SmartBASIC via an SD DDP drive.

You can make your own by:

- Load File Manager v3.0

- select File Options and select ALL the files on the PowerPaint disk image or actual disk

- copy them to a blank DDP image file on the SD DDP

- Copy Block 00 from the PowerPaint disk image or actual disk to Block 00 of the same DDP image file on the SD DDP you copied the files too

that's it. Easy Peasy!

On 7/16/2021 at 11:30 PM, NIAD said:

You can make your own by:

- Load File Manager v3.0

- select File Options and select ALL the files on the PowerPaint disk image or actual disk

- copy them to a blank DDP image file on the SD DDP

- Copy Block 00 from the PowerPaint disk image or actual disk to Block 00 of the same DDP image file on the SD DDP you copied the files too

that's it. Easy Peasy!

Thank you.  To follow up:

1. Does this same technique work to convert any DSK to DDP?

2. Does it work as well to use the "Backup" option in File Manager?

3. When File Manager displays a full screen of files and says "MORE" at the bottom of the list, how do I move to the next page of the list?  I can't seem to get to "MORE" using the arrow keys (pressing down-arrow on the bottom file in the list just moves the cursor back to the top file in the list).

1) this method works on most Disks as long as a directory of files can be displayed. There are a number of disk images in the Archive that have a NON-Standard Directory or NOT an EOS Media (CP/M and or T-DOS), so to copy them with File Manager you will have to use the BACKUP option and not FILE COPY.

2) you can use the BACKUP option but the Blocks LeFt isn’t corrected by File Manager (IIRC and this is a bad oversight) so you’ll have to edit the directory listing for BLOCKS FREE to enter in the correct numbers of blocks free. There are other copy programs that automatically correct this.

3) HOME and DOWN or UP ARROW together. The manual is in the Archive as well as on one of the disk images.

i prefer using File Copy on media that can have a directory displayed so that only the files I want are copied… especially if there are some deleted files on the disk/DDP. Deleting a file only changes the file attribute and does not remove it from the directory or the blocks it occupies. So to me, it’s a better option and just have to COPY block #00 as well if the disk/DDP is auto-booting.

3 hours ago, NIAD said:

1) this method works on most Disks as long as a directory of files can be displayed. There are a number of disk images in the Archive that have a NON-Standard Directory or NOT an EOS Media (CP/M and or T-DOS), so to copy them with File Manager you will have to use the BACKUP option and not FILE COPY.

2) you can use the BACKUP option but the Blocks LeFt isn’t corrected by File Manager (IIRC and this is a bad oversight) so you’ll have to edit the directory listing for BLOCKS FREE to enter in the correct numbers of blocks free. There are other copy programs that automatically correct this.

3) HOME and DOWN or UP ARROW together. The manual is in the Archive as well as on one of the disk images.

i prefer using File Copy on media that can have a directory displayed so that only the files I want are copied… especially if there are some deleted files on the disk/DDP. Deleting a file only changes the file attribute and does not remove it from the directory or the blocks it occupies. So to me, it’s a better option and just have to COPY block #00 as well if the disk/DDP is auto-booting.

Thank you.  By the way, is the ADE incompatible with the MicroFox CF IDE drive?  Booting into the MicroFox CF IDE with the ADE connected (that is, via the boot DSK or DDP image on the CF IDE), the CF IDE system appears to recognize only Partition 0 (BOOT).  Is this a known incompatibility?  Is there a solution for this?

I don’t recall testing the IDE CF Package with an ADE, but I must have used the two together at some point over the years.

The IDE CF Package just replaced Tape Drive #2 so the ADE with up to 4 disk drives emulated should work just fine or you can disable any of the 4 emulated drives if you need.

6 hours ago, NIAD said:

I don’t recall testing the IDE CF Package with an ADE, but I must have used the two together at some point over the years.

The IDE CF Package just replaced Tape Drive #2 so the ADE with up to 4 disk drives emulated should work just fine or you can disable any of the 4 emulated drives if you need.

I tried disabling the auto boot disk feature, and after I then un-mounted all four drives, I was able to use the IDE boot ROM image on an Atarimax Ultimate SD Cartridge to boot into the CF IDE.  Now, it works.  And I can re-mount the four drives using the ADE buttons after booting into the CF IDE.  Thank you for the tip!