IGNORED

Diablo II: Resurrected

I pre-ordered this yesterday for Xbox. They have 3 packages to choose from, the basic $39.99 gets you Diablo II with Beta access (which isn't live yet). The step-up package at $49.99 gives you some cosmetic upgrades for Diablo III, and the most expensive package $59.99 gives you also Diablo III Eternal Collection. 

Anyone else going for this? I have played so much Diablo III, but I've never played 2 since I was never a PC gamer really. I'm pretty excited about getting 2 because some of the gameplay aspects I've read about make it seem more strategic in your decision making when leveling up. It sounds like your characters can't have access to every skill, which I like that kind of strategy where I can't just have all the skills available to me just from hitting pause and reconfiguring my guy like Diablo III does. 

Release date is September 23, 2021. 

• Like 1

I'm in D2 is a great game still, and I really dug D3 too (Switch, PC.)  Not sure what tier I'd care to buy into, better check the page to see what gets my attention yet either way with that range it's all quite fair.

I don't have the Necromancer package I remember now for D3 except on Switch, and that's a $15 package.  That means if I got the $60 bundle $5 gets me all the other fluff, so that's a real choice there.  I also still have like $15-20 on a $50 Nintendo giftcard from when I got Baldurs Gate DA recently, so I can reduce the price on that one further if I didn't get that one physical(if it's offered.)

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 3:20 PM, Flojomojo said:

They just announced there will be no internet multiplayer. Anyone care?

All the announcements mention it’s been a bad couple of weeks for Blizzard. Ouch. 

Yep, I haven't checked the details, but if it can't be played online, that 100% kills it for me, considering I was planning to get it to play through with some friends via internet.  I'm not a big Diablo fan, certainly not planning to play by myself, and getting together locally with those friends isn't an option.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say I really hate the inventory system in D2! It's the same as the original game just a bit larger. But, it's not big enough, you basically kill a mob and then have to go back to home base and unload/sell. I feel like I'm tethered to base camp, there's not much freedom. 

1 hour ago, Cobra Kai said:

I have to say I really hate the inventory system in D2! It's the same as the original game just a bit larger. But, it's not big enough, you basically kill a mob and then have to go back to home base and unload/sell. I feel like I'm tethered to base camp, there's not much freedom. 

Ah, I remember the days of inventory Tetris.  

Anyone getting fed up with all the butthurt whining everytime this remaster pops up in the media?  Yes I get it, like what...less than 1% of the company has some disgusting pigs in it, yet somehow that validates trying to destroy the whole, ruin a lot of menial wage earners ruining lives etc causing even more suffering. ?  You'd think how people are these days about cancel this and that, they'd just stalk the specific people and destroy, guess it's harder.

I for one am enjoying seeing more and more of these updates on it, seen the recent bits of like old FMV/stills redone and it's beautiful.  I really do want to dig into this when it pops up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I started playing at release time this morning.  :)  Boy does it take me back, and boy will it take some getting used to after not having played it for close to nine years!  

That being said, so far the little I've played it runs well, controls decent enough with a controller (I'm on XBox), and looks/sounds nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digdugnate said:

I started playing at release time this morning.  :)  Boy does it take me back, and boy will it take some getting used to after not having played it for close to nine years!  

That being said, so far the little I've played it runs well, controls decent enough with a control (I'm on XBox), and looks/sounds nice.

Glad it's working for you well on XBox. I was going to purchase it for the PS5.

• Like 1

The whole thing seems crazy to me, since I played the original on launch day (or tried to... servers were down....)  The internet was a bit different back then.  :D

And then I lost a whole ton of awesome gear because a friend got us into the cow level and we all got wasted.  That hurt.

• Like 2

Once I found out this probably isn't getting a physical release my interest in having a console version went down a bit, but at the same time I might be able to afford it on a console sooner than I'll be able to afford a new PC that can run it so I'm not sure which way to go. Probably just finish the original 2, back up my character, convert my character to an expansion character, finish the Lord of Destruction chapter, play thru other similar games for a while and when I finally get up to it, just get it on what I feel is best. Maybe they'll release a physical console version later on if they can get their PR straightened out by firing and replacing all staff involved.

7 minutes ago, TheGameCollector said:Maybe they'll release a physical console version later on if they can get their PR straightened out by firing and replacing all staff involved.

My understanding is that a separate company (vicarious visions) worked on this ad had nothing to do with the current scandal.  Blizzard just happens to own them.

I just can't get hyped for this.  I played the crap out of Diablo II back in the day but honestly the experience is kind of shallow.  If I want to relive it I'll just fire up the original.  

• Like 1

I was initially excited about this game. That enthusiasm has faded, some of it Blizzards fault with shutting the beta down after 3 days. In that time I found a different game to play (The Ascent), now I'm in no hurry to play D2. 

I was not thrilled with the D1 inventory system being retained, I think it's silly and unnecessary. The menu interface did not receive any modernization, as the game still utilizes a mouse reticle. The entire game should have been upgraded for console controllers. For this reason I find navigation of the menus clunky and a nuisance.

Frankly, Diablo 3 is a much better experience and I really see no reason to fiddle around with such a lesser game. 

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've put like 60-70 hours in I think since release for D2:Resurrected.  I simultaneously love the game and hate the game; it definitely shows its age, and there's stuff that DRIVES ME CRAZY about the game.  

I can deal with the inventory system, that doesn't bother me.  What DOES bother me is the brain-dead pathing for minions/etc like if you're running a Necro Summoner build.  Sweet Jesus I wish this would've been improved over the original.

On the other hand, I find the game satisfying for killling stuff, looting, and exploring (for the most part).

• Like 1

Hey if they did what I hoped like with the C&C Remaster and just gave it a new coat of audio visual paint, and stopped the quality life stuff around that, gui, etc but didn't damage the original AI and it's pathing at all, that's a 100% win in my book.  Don't complain, but then again...do?  At least it's a legit one and not some grand standing crybaby stuff why not to buy it which is a breath of fresh air. :D  I want to grab it and I will, problem is, Metroid Dread and FF5 Advance are where I'm at right now, and I know if I deviate trouble happens.

• Like 1