IGNORED

Foxit - in progress

GDMike

7 minutes ago, dhe said:

Any chance of uploading the code to a github repo so we could all watch as things develop?

No. Hahaha in a nutshell. Why? Well, I have very limited time with doing what I'm working with AND there's lots of things that may not go well, this is really a push to see if I can successfully make it happen in assembly vs forth. I may Hit a roadblock and have to drop it and move to forth.

This is a hobby and this really teaches me things that I wanted to learn. I've come close to throwing the towel but I keep finding ways to go forward.. when and if it gets done I can explain the code and provide it here. 

I'll try to upload a video on the latest without the primetime players. Filing isn't ready yet either.

But I have enough to work with at the moment.

Hehehe...

• Like 2

Just completed the"up" arrow key that allows incrementing the width of the field numbers. It doesn't have Auto repeat.. but maybe I can tweak it and provide it. But I'll do that after I make the cursor go to the left and allow direct plugin of values as well.

Tedious little things tie up a lot of time..fun

Everytime I get a routine done I copy out the folder and place it in the current dated folder.

Something happened when I did a shift rt click copy so I  can paste into today's folder.. and..yup windows permanent delete wiped out what I got done today. Which is only 5 hours or so..

I do have my work logs that tell me what routines I worked on and variables I introduced, (I use SNP and an entirely different folder),  But nothing specific as logic goes is documented.

Well, easy come easy go....

I looked at yesterday's data, and the form information is there and a cursor blinking on field 1. So it's not too terrible.

? is out... just got to replace code

Edited by GDMike

Rebuilding the key input routine. This will work better than what I have now. I made some mistakes on my preparation on user input. 

I was using flags, a lot, in my input routine! Then it kept growing.

I said..hmmm, look at forth word "KEY?"

Except, I'll dedicate a couple of input registers to give length, height as boundaries to work with the interpretation.

My bad

Edited by GDMike
Typo
  • Like 1

Cursor is back. (Nice to see ya again), anyway I've got some fine tuning to do on 2 or 3 counters and my little "KEY?"  Is done.

R0,R3,R4 need set prior to BL @KEY? Followed by my GTKY routine that checks KYBUF values returned and decides border checkpoints because, obviously if pressing certain characters will result in cursor movement.

(R0= position you want the cursor to appear.

R1= key pressed return ASCII value into KYBUF

R3=max position allowed to move to the right

R4=max lines allowed to move down,1,2,3 etc.. from where the cursor is located.)

I couldn't stand the clutter that was growing...now things are a little better organized..

Attached video..

Edited by GDMike
Attached video
  • Like 2

KEY input and handling routine is done!! As in the video above. I did flub the keyboard a couple times on accident, but the routine did exactly what it's supposed to.

Now we can move on to our Input/modify FORM section of Foxit. (Finally)....

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 3

Just because.. I guess... It would be some other crap I'd have to install, and memorize..

Id rather save the free space in my brain for forth or something..I am running low.

Maybe I'll try the recorder in classic 99 sometime. It's already on the computer.

Note...I'm just finishing a couple days of 13 hrs each and I may be sarcastic at this point. Don't take me literally rt now...

Edited by GDMike

7 hours ago, GDMike said:

Just because.. I guess... It would be some other crap I'd have to install, and memorize..

Id rather save the free space in my brain for forth or something..I am running low.

Maybe I'll try the recorder in classic 99 sometime. It's already on the computer.

Note...I'm just finishing a couple days of 13 hrs each and I may be sarcastic at this point. Don't take me literally rt now...

Clicking a mouse button for RECORD or STOP does not take a maximum amount of brain power.

Using your phone reminds me of when I worked IT and saw someone put a monitor on the Copy Machine to print a document page!

blondes24.jpg

By the way all he got was GLARE

Edited by RXB
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, RXB said:

Clicking a mouse button for RECORD or STOP does not take a maximum amount of brain power.

Using your phone reminds me of when I worked IT and saw someone put a monitor on the Copy Machine to print a document page!

blondes24.jpg

By the way all he got was GLARE

That's my old monitor.. hey, I've seen that copier too.. hmmm I Know nothing!!

Edited by GDMike
  • Haha 1