IGNORED

Foxit - in progress

GDMike

Spending quite a bit of time on testing and displaying results.

I have to build a display segment that normally won't exist, and it takes quite a bit of time to produce just to see that things are dropping in place as their supposed to. 

It's very, very- time consuming as my test routine itself has to be triple checked for its own accuracy. Anyway, I'm missing Forth right about........there -->

I'd say, I can't get my mind out of forth while working on this sometimes.

And I've come close a couple times on throwing this out and starting over in Forth, but I've come so far already and it's going to work, but the fun of interaction troubleshooting is missing, yeah, I know there's a debugger, and by the time I activate that and get everything in view, I could already have a rewrite of my code. Debugger for me, is used for last thing to try when things just don't work. 

Well, you know what they say about complaining..

- 5  out of 6 are dissatisfied with the idea of Russian roulette.

- 0 out of 6  complain about the result.

'nuff Said

Edited by GDMike

Ok. Now with 'values' included as a field type.

My test shows I did well.

The first column is the identifier, "T" for text fields and "V" for numeric values filelds.

Yes, I've got more work to do..

2 types completed. 

BTW, this is just a test display as this won't exist like this in the main program when completed, it's just a tool to help me out.

I know, I've got a couple typos going on. Its going to be ok.lol

IMG_20211121_212836131.jpg

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'll be at work in 3 hours and working on Foxit while watching the rain fall in the jungle of southern Arkansas, then around 6pm my 2 kids and I will have our turkey since we cooked yesterday, lol. Hopefully I can get the Foxit  maintenance screen done or at least close to finishing up.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dang that's irritating..I'm not sure what key sequence I'm hitting on my laptop in classic 99 and editor assembler,  but something I'm hitting once in a while is calling for a reset.

©™®%™✓ irritating... that'll wake you up really quick.lol

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, GDMike said:

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I'll be at work in 3 hours and working on Foxit while watching the rain fall in the jungle of southern Arkansas, then around 6pm my 2 kids and I will have our turkey since we cooked yesterday, lol. Hopefully I can get the Foxit  maintenance screen done or at least close to finishing up.

<Ctrl+Alt+=> and <Alt+=> will both do it. You can turn off <Alt+=> on the Options menu—then, only <Ctrl+Alt+=> works.

...lee

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lee Stewart said:

<Ctrl+Alt+=> and <Alt+=> will both do it. You can turn off <Alt+=> on the Options menu—then, only <Ctrl+Alt+=> works.

Technically anything+Alt+= will reset, including the ghost keys that the TI scan matrix causes. The TI interrupt code only checks for ALT and = explicitly, and they're both on the same scan column. Also, laptop keyboards often have overloaded keys that may cause alt or even equals (thanks to the ghosting) to be pressed when you aren't expecting it to be.

(Edit: Also the PC keyboard to TI keyboard mapping can also cause Alt to be pressed... for instance if you press an arrow key, or type a question mark, the TI side needs to see an ALT for that to work... ;) )

The Control+Alt+= hack in Classic99 checks for Alt+=, and hides it from the TI side unless control is also pressed. ;) Since it's an emulator side check, the ghosting no longer plays in either.

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At work and working on Foxit.

I found a small error while running the DF80 rt off the bat.

I always kick off my day with starting the program and making sure all is well..

And this time...hmmm, not as expected.

I could have sworn I triple checked everything the other day and all was just fine. But today, somehow a gremlin snuck in to screw with me.

I always check each piece of code because I like to end my work with no error and that's why I was surprised to see the error this evening. Oh well, it's gone at this moment anyway.

It was a simple B @ "someplace" that wasn't going where it supposed to,  was a simple fix, but strange. Pressing on... 

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 1

Thx. So far I have about 1600 bytes free of program space. User Data is basically unlimited due to how it relies on TIpi for storage, so that space is up to how you map out TIpi. 

I started out early in the programming stage mapping SAMs, but I realize I only need it for the help menu, if I can squeeze everything into  extended 32K ram then I will just pull my use of SAMs out and just use a loadable help file from disk instead. 

This is similar to how Forth screens work in the way that it pulls and pushes to a disk file during a "flush", except I'll be reading a file.

And in actuality, if I need more program space because of running out, I could design a file of object code that I could pull and push into SAMS banks, but I'm not ready for that yet..I have that in my head but I haven't done it before. But looks feasible to do, I'd assume pull a DF80 file that is already assembled for a particular SAMs bank and function. But again, I'm trying to squeeze a fat boy into short shorts.

Edited by GDMike
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

And in actuality, if I need more program space because of running out, I could design a file of object code that I could pull and push into SAMS banks, but I'm not ready for that yet..I have that in my head but I haven't done it before. But looks feasible to do, I'd assume pull a DF80 file that is already assembled for a particular SAMs bank and function. But again, I'm trying to squeeze a fat boy into short shorts.

I think it should be separate EA/5 program files of 4 KiB max each (essentially overlays) that are each AORGed at >3000 (your SAMS window), which can be patched together into one DF128 file for later loading into SAMS banks, 4 KiB at a time (with one call each 4 KiB), via Level-2 Subprogram >014. You could also load to SAMS via Level-3 READs, but that would require reading 32 records, one at a time.

...lee

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Lee Stewart said:

I think it should be separate EA/5 program files of 4 KiB max each (essentially overlays) that are each AORGed at >3000 (your SAMS window), which can be patched together into one DF128 file for later loading into SAMS banks, 4 KiB at a time (with one call each 4 KiB), via Level-2 Subprogram >014. You could also load to SAMS via Level-3 READs, but that would require reading 32 records, one at a time.

...lee

Since I never work in conventional assembler, I am curious if it would be worthwhile to give the 4K overlays some kind of jump table at the top so you could call the code by number?

Of course that means you need a standard calling sequence for each one too so maybe too complicated. (?)

• Like 2