IGNORED

Toot your horn if you support our devs, suppliers etc

Mclaneinc

Just a thread to show appreciation to all of our wonderful devs, suppliers, archivists etc etc

I'm not going to name names as 1. there's so many and I don't want to forget anyone and 2. I don't want a list to seem to show a best of. If you write, offer expert advice, build, supply stuff, archive or simply create media etc for the community then I mean YOU. Sometimes I see threads where people who are doing stuff for us get stick, often undeserved or way way over the top. Just remember, most do all this for free or minimal profit, show them some love people.

So a massive Toot Toot to you all

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I'd like to show my appreciation for Candle, his hardware is amazing. I'd also like to thank FJC for his tireless firmware support and patience regarding user issues. I'd also like to thank FJC for his awesome video's, they're an excellent resource of practical information.

Furthermore, I'd like to thank the guys on the ##Atari IRC channel for their awesome guidance, they've taught me heaps.

So toot, toot!

• Like 2

While not as much as some of you guys with closets full of Ataris, I've certainly supported them over the past several years with purchases for my 8- and 16-bit Ataris.

I've supported Lotharek, and by extension candle, Exxos, tf_hh, atarimax, The Brewing Academy, Best Electronics, B&C Computervisions (myatari), and Vintage Computer Center. There are probably a couple more in there that I'm forgetting, but that's still a pretty good list and I'm happy and proud to support them all, and so happy and appreciative that they continue to support us.  I hope they all continue to do so as long as they are able.

So toot toot, and a shout out to all of our many Atari developers and suppliers!

• Like 2

I'll add every contributor to the #FujiNet to the list.  This is the one peripheral that every A8 user should have, and it's already been doing a ton to keep our machines relevant and usable as time marches on.

So yes, a toot-toot to them and the hardware and software they've made possible!

• Like 2

image.png.b9c8b2d9bc601dd3f2ee304dd2714e97.png

Absolutely - I as well as most people who still covert these wonderful machine are eternally grateful for all the time, effort, mad-skills, imagination, dedication, genius, resources, (sometime money), and staying power ya'll have. Some really great stuff coming out at the mo and long may it continue. :lust::D

• Like 1

Toot toot to everyone in this community!

If this weren't from the amazing and inspiring work and experimentations from several people around here, I would have never been able to get started for my own!

Ever since, I learned how to make music, and more recently, how to code!

A tiny bit at the time, but it's still something :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

Just a thread to show appreciation to all of our wonderful devs, suppliers, archivists etc etc

I'm not going to name names as 1. there's so many and I don't want to forget anyone and 2. I don't want a list to seem to show a best of. If you write, offer expert advice, build, supply stuff, archive or simply create media etc for the community then I mean YOU. Sometimes I see threads where people who are doing stuff for us get stick, often undeserved or way way over the top. Just remember, most do all this for free or minimal profit, show them some love people.

So a massive Toot Toot to you all

Ya know - I didn't think it was polite to do anything with your horn (in public at least) :)

But I will give a big thanks for all the homebrew folks, hardware and software.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What a great topic starter.  Thanks for starting it.  I love ALL the people, companies, that still support my lifelong hobby.  It's better now that ever before!  I would loved to have had these choices in the 8-bit's heyday.  Hell, this IS the heyday!  Thanks to all that do what they do.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, solo/ng said:

Toot toot!

but also TOOT TOOT to @Mclaneinc. You have no idea how much positive energy you transfer to keep going and do stuff. Thanks for that! : ]

Thank you but if it wasn't for you guys I'd be tooting a wrong horn :)

Heroes, all of you...