IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 1 - The Dreadnaught Factor w/ White Water Bonus

34 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

My best game of Dreadnaught factor EVER,and by far the most exhilarating and rewarding video game experience I have had this year. I love the HSC!

I played right through dinner to get that score and now my Wife is really upset with me.

It was totally worth it!!!??

Oh yeah,I destroyed 7 Dreadnaughts with a score of 11,000.

20210721_193640.jpg

Incredible man.... I haven't played this one yet, but I won't come near this score. Nice job and well worth the missed dinner and wifey doghouse treatment, HAAHHAHAHAHHA ?

Oh and Monk really appreciates the nice even rounded score.... ?

• Haha 3

On 7/20/2021 at 7:55 PM, IntyFanMatt said:

Dreadnaught Factor is absolutely one of my all time favorites. Love this game.

First time I ever beat Level 5:

All 10 ships destroyed = Victory!

FE8298E0-B42E-46AE-B7AB-80FFD1AC1662.jpeg

That's amazing Matt!?

You definitely inspired me to try harder on this fantastic game.

After plugging away at it for awhile I know that what you did,10 Dreadnaughts,is never going to be possible for me.

All my gaming respect goes to you brother !?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

That's amazing Matt!?

You definitely inspired me to try harder on this fantastic game.

After plugging away at it for awhile I know that what you did,10 Dreadnaughts,is never going to be possible for me.

All my gaming respect goes to you brother !?

Thanks man! You’re not too far away from 10. Keep working at it, you never know!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Wow, great times Sprazzi!!  You gunna play some Dreadnaught Factor next?

I never played it.? I don't think it'll make any good competition

Edited by sprazzi
  • Like 1

Whitewater, Game 1-43.8.

Put a ghetto timestamp on it, haha, because I've played this for fast times before, I've gone faster, CAN go faster, we'll just see if I have to!!!

:)

Fact is, I just LOVE this game, I might say Bomb Squad is my favorite INT game, but I am only middling at it, don't even know how to use the fire extinguisher.

This game?

Accidentally especially good, is all I can say.

Was a first attempt(yup. Bragging...sorry...)(I'm actually a dumbass in general, lol, don't think too much into that).

On to game 2!!!

I worry about barging in just because I like a game a lot and am accidentally good at it, but just couldn't resist, when i was told this was being played!

Dreadnaught?

Hell, it's Activision, it's an AWESOME game, but count me out, lol, too damned hard!!!

INTHSCWhitewatergame1438.png

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Rogerpoco said:

Whitewater, Game 1-43.8.

Put a ghetto timestamp on it, haha, because I've played this for fast times before, I've gone faster, CAN go faster, we'll just see if I have to!!!

Fact is, I just LOVE this game, I might say Bomb Squad is my favorite INT game, but I am only middling at it, don't even know how to use the fire extinguisher.

This game?

Accidentally especially good, is all I can say.

Was a first attempt(yup. Bragging...sorry...)(I'm actually a dumbass in general, lol, don't think too much into that).

On to game 2!!!

I worry about barging in just because I like a game a lot and am accidentally good at it, but just couldn't resist, when i was told this was being played!

Dreadnaught?

Hell, it's Activision, it's an AWESOME game, but count me out, lol, too damned hard!!!

INTHSCWhitewatergame1438.png

I can’t see the time in your pic!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Quick DF / WW Update: (Thru Post #46)

Dreadnaught Factor

14,670 - IntyFanMatt

11,000 - Wolfy62

7,343 - mr_me

2,884 - ed1475

1,566 - fakecortex

638 - Lupovax

1 - CParsley

White Water

Game 1

43.8 secs - RogerPoco

44.5 secs - Sprazzi

44.8 secs - Rickster8

57.6 secs - Lupovax

58.6 secs - Wolfy62

61.7 secs - ed1475

81.8 secs - fakecortex

Game 2

34.6 secs - Sprazzi

37.7 secs - Rickster8

49.7 secs - Wolfy62

54.4 secs - Lupovax

57.4 secs - ed1475

68.2 secs - fakecortex

Edited by Rickster8
Added in more scores.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Those are incredible times.

I know this because it took me at least 50 tries to get under one minute on course two.

Great job!?

It's also luck: I noticed some elements (whirpools and barrels) can be in small different spots, and this makes a difference!

Edited by sprazzi
as usual
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sprazzi said:

It's also luck: I noticed some elements (whirpools and barrels) can be in small different spots, and this makes a difference!

For sure, the "stuff" influences a lot-actually, you don't really want to go freestyle even, tho-you want a committed route, and you keep taking it until you get a clean run!

• Like 2

BTW, @sprazzi -

Those really ARE spectacular times.

I like time trial type games the most, on many different systems. I had a buddy that wanted me to compete on the Intellivision with him, on another site, and tho I enjoy it a lot, I do NOT consider myself "very good" on the Intellivision.

'Cept Whitewater, lol!

No idea how I took to the game so well, Matt and Rickster followed my progress on it elsewhere-I actually had to buy the box(and overlays)/Manual/and Cart seperately to get a CIB, but I just HAD to, I love the game!

I'm not making headway on you on game 2 yet, haha, wearing my arms out-PB is 32.8, but I'm running mid 38's right now-

I am NOT the most competitive person in the World, but I do Thank You, I am having fun trying to catch your times, and possibly improve my own PB's!

Hmmm. Italy...

Just can't afford it, atm, but if you wanted to pay whatever shipping would be, I'd send you a couple Imagic Numb Thumb patches and cards, you deserve them for those times!!!

Everyone else-lol, some know me, some don't-was torn about even participating in this, a "one off", almost seems like a dickish thing to do, I just enjoy this game and don't often get the chance to "excell", so to speak, I think most know I am a nice Guy, even if I am a hamstick sometimes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wasn't exactly sure there WERE tips for this, but definitely a couple things.

Obviously, you have to get off the initial island FAST-1.5 seconds is about as much as you wanna allow, 1.3 is better.

You don't really steer the raft by pressing the disc left and right-you press UP on the disc, and steer it from the top arc of the disc.

Takes some getting used to, but you'll get good raft control after a while, the tiniest movement can move the raft, it feels right after a short period.

Posting a video-

Rick-this is NOT a submission time for this tourney, this was months ago.

I've gone faster, but this vid is really short, and will show you the route I attempt to take!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3