IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 15 - Game 1 - The Dreadnaught Factor w/ White Water Bonus

Quick DF / WW Update: (Thru Post #76)

Dreadnaught Factor

14,670 - IntyFanMatt

11,000 - Wolfy62

7,343 - mr_me

4,506 - Rickster8

3,413 - t0spmad

2,884 - ed1475

2,487 - jblenkle

1,789 - Sprazzi

1,566 - fakecortex

638 - Lupovax

1 - CParsley

White Water

Game 1

43.8 secs - RogerPoco

43.8 secs - Sprazzi

44.8 secs - Rickster8

53.8 secs - Lupovax

55.5 secs - gezkc

58.6 secs - Wolfy62

61.7 secs - ed1475

64.1 secs - roadrunner

81.8 secs - fakecortex

Game 2

34.6 secs - Sprazzi

37.2 secs - Rickster8

45.6 secs - gezkc

46.6 secs - Lupovax

49.7 secs - Wolfy62

57.4 secs - ed1475

57.6 secs - roadrunner

68.2 secs - fakecortex

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My DREADFUL Factor Update: ?

Had a better game this time. I got the Razor 4th again and just narrowly beat it, then I got the Cigar which I beat as well, but then the Double Pronged ship got me. Those little VERY fast ships are a real bitch.... ?

7,222 - LEVEL 5

2073656523_DREADNAUGHTFACTOR(7222)L5.thumb.jpg.d9663e2104c8d3962b429610a859afc2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Rickster8 said:

Had a better game this time. I got the Razor 4th again and just narrowly beat it, then I got the Cigar which I beat as well, but then the Double Pronged ship got me. Those little VERY fast ships are a real bitch.... ?

Yeah, new enemy weapons show up as you advance in the game.  I wish the game was designed so weapons are consistent per difficulty level.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Guys, I really suck at White Water.  What's your best pro-tip advice for navigating the rapids in 3 sentences or less?

Rogerpoco did a write up just up above that is really good

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Guys, I really suck at White Water.  What's your best pro-tip advice for navigating the rapids in 3 sentences or less?

Use the top of the disc a lot and slide to the left or right slightly to steer your raft.

Gotta stay in the Rapids to build speed and have the front of the raft facing directly downstream with the back of the raft at the same downward angle whenever possible. 

Avoid those stupid whirlpools they will mess up your time for sure.

Just bounce those barrels out of the way rather than trying to avoid them to much.

Sorry Jason,that's 4 sentences but I am hoping to help you out.

Ita a great game! Not Dreadnaught great,but still great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am extremely debating withdrawing from this season's HSC...

The emu will only map 4 directions (N,E,W,S) so cant get the 16-direction of the pad so cant do the top times in white water, and the straw just about to break the back is Motorcross will not even run on the emulator, crashing after the game draws the course map.

Ok, getting off the soap box, someone might need to do laundry.

• Sad 4

13 hours ago, cparsley said:

I am extremely debating withdrawing from this season's HSC...

The emu will only map 4 directions (N,E,W,S) so cant get the 16-direction of the pad so cant do the top times in white water, and the straw just about to break the back is Motorcross will not even run on the emulator, crashing after the game draws the course map.

Ok, getting off the soap box, someone might need to do laundry.

Haven't seen an Intellivision emulator that doesn't map all sixteen directions to an analog stick.  If using the keyboard, do you not get NE when pressing the N key and the E key together.  White Water seems to only use eight directions for the rafting part of the game.

Edited by mr_me

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Haven't seen an Intellivision emulator that doesn't map all sixteen directions to an analog stick.  If using the keyboard, do you not get NE when pressing the N key and the E key together.  White Water seems to only use eight directions for the rafting part of the game.

You can get 8 from a 4 way map (N+E = NE) but you can't do the INTV 16-way, NNE, ENE etc)