IGNORED

Hidden Road in Auto Racing?

It would be very easy to create a copy without the gridlines.  Maybe I can work on that tonight.

While studying the final image, another takeaway has to do with the three drag strips that consist of a single curve, which I call "macaroni noodles".  The two near the center of the map face one way ("open parenthesis") and the one in the southwest corner faces the other way ("closed parenthesis").  The "closed parenthesis" tiles do not have a tree in the top background card, but the "open parenthesis" tiles do.

I mentioned there are four tiers where you can go "around the world" and never hit anything.  Those are the four tiers just south of where you can drive the car off the road in a horizontal straightaway.  As it turns out, those are the only four tiers with no "open parenthesis" tile.  If I were to create a copy of the image with annotations, I would mark these positions with a note.  I would probably use the Intellifont still available from The Intellivision G-Spot, so that scaling the image down wouldn't make the text unreadable.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I like the grid lines version because it gives you a sense of screen size and the scale of the world map.  However, without grid lines you get the full seamless experience, which is kind of the point.  Not sure which would make for a better poster ? So conflicted.

I personally like the grid lines, but for the poster, I will try to make them lighter so that you can get the size and scale without getting in the way of the beauty of the map.

-dZ.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

I like the grid lines version because it gives you a sense of screen size and the scale of the world map.  However, without grid lines you get the full seamless experience, which is kind of the point.  Not sure which would make for a better poster ? So conflicted.

That's just it.  I was conflicted at first about whether to include gridlines or not, and then I decided in favor of it, because it would be easier to get rid of them later than to add them in.

I recall my older sister had a toy when I was very young, which included a large orange plastic tray resembling a cookie tray - flat with raised edges - and a bunch of square cardboard tiles with an image painted on each one.  The idea was to create pictures by arranging the tiles on the tray.  Having tangible tiles with these images would feel very much the same way.  It would also encourage new level design.  Maybe that's why I like the idea of making a puzzle out of this.  The poster will be great too.

• Like 1