IGNORED

The Atari Report - 2600 Edition - S02 E01 - Centipede

BIGHMW

In this episode, legendary mentally disabled musician and entertainer Ray Jackson introduces and reviews this nice rendition of that 1981 bug-blaster of an arcade hit, Centipede, for the Atari 2600 Video Computer System.

#Centipede #Atari2600 #TheAtariReport

Centipede.bin

Edited by BIGHMW
  • Like 2

I remember scoffing at 2600 Centipede when I saw a friend's kid brother playing it as I'd already moved onto home computers and had been playing Video Vermin on my VIC-20.

Knowing what I know now, 2600 Centipede impresses the hell out of me.

There is a trackball hack of it that lets you use trackball mode instead of joystick mode. You can find that ROM, and other trackball hacks, in the pinned topic Atari 2600 Trak-Ball Games.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheVgaTv said:

Some constructive criticism.  You might want to turn down the game volume a bit because it is very difficult to understand what you are saying because it is getting drowned out by the gameplay sounds.  

I do admit that the volume issue was with my RF-to-HDMI demodulator and it does happen to have a built-in independent volume control in the menu on it so I will address that issue before filming the in-game footage on this week's episodes of The Atari Report tomorrow afternoon (they will be uploaded by Saturday night). I hope all of you enjoyed the SEASON PREMIERE episodes of all 4 editions of TAR I did this past week, I told you guys I was going to do it, no more bullshit this 2021-22 season when it comes to filming, we just do it!!!

BTW - word of note: I did also film (and publish) the 1-year Anniversary Special Edition of The Atari Report but the mods took it down, on account that it was the same episode (to cover all 4 editions) on multiple subforums, it will be re-put up in the Atari: General forums tomorrow, I hope all of you enjoyed my work and there's more to come!!!

Edited by BIGHMW

.....also, I hope you guys have noticed that I have stepped it up when it comes to the quality of the in-game presentation, as we now go from a projection of the multi-panel screen to more of a true "direct-tap", just seconds afterwards, much like they do on your local news' 7-day forecast (for me here in the Great Northwest it would be KING 5 News here in Seattle at 4, 5, and 6:30 pm) on the weather, you can I credit that to my new HD Capture Pro I got last week (some also use either an Elgato Game Capture or an AVerMedia game recording device as well, like the guys on the Unknown Data Entry YouTube channel, check them out - highly recommended!!!) that I now use to record my game footage on, here's where I got mine and where you can get one of your own on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/312136738308

Edited by BIGHMW