IGNORED

ADE incompatibilities with MicroFox CF IDE?

timepilot

I initially posted this in my PowerPaint thread, but then I realized that it is a different topic:

Is the ADE incompatible with the MicroFox CF IDE drive?  Booting into the MicroFox CF IDE with the ADE connected (that is, via the boot DSK or DDP image on the CF IDE), the CF IDE system appears to recognize only Partition 0 (BOOT).  Is this a known incompatibility?  Is there a solution for this?

The ADE developer doesn’t have an IDE setup to test with. It was found that when an IDE boot PROM is installed in slot 2 that it changed the boot timing of the overall system and was causing an issue with how the ADE is able to detect hard and soft resets and was causing the IDE to not work. That issue was believed to be resolved back in beta release v0.80 and had to be further tweaked in v0.91. If you’re running any version prior to v0.91, I suggest you update the code and see if it helps. If you're running the latest v0.91 code, try holding the DRIVE SELECT button to disable the auto boot disk feature to see if that helps. If this doesn’t do it, I suggest submitting an issue report on the official ADE Github project page. I'm just not sure how much troubleshooting can be done by the developer without a physical IDE setup.

https://github.com/Kalidomra/AdamNet-Drive-Emulator/issues

11 minutes ago, Tekman said:

The ADE developer doesn’t have an IDE setup to test with. It was found that when an IDE boot PROM is installed in slot 2 that it changed the boot timing of the overall system and was causing an issue with how the ADE is able to detect hard and soft resets and was causing the IDE to not work. That issue was believed to be resolved back in beta release v0.80 and had to be further tweaked in v0.91. If you’re running any version prior to v0.91, I suggest you update the code and see if it helps. If you're running the latest v0.91 code, try holding the DRIVE SELECT button to disable the auto boot disk feature to see if that helps. If this doesn’t do it, I suggest submitting an issue report on the official ADE Github project page. I'm just not sure how much troubleshooting can be done by the developer without a physical IDE setup.

https://github.com/Kalidomra/AdamNet-Drive-Emulator/issues

Thank you. I do not have an IDE boot PROM installed in slot 2; I removed it due to the incompatibility.

When was v0.91 released?

Just now, Tekman said:

It was released seven months ago.

Official github page has update instructions.

https://github.com/Kalidomra/AdamNet-Drive-Emulator

I tried disabling the auto boot disk feature, and after I then un-mounted all four drives, I was able to use the IDE boot ROM image on an Atarimax Ultimate SD Cartridge to boot into the CF IDE.  Now, it works.  And I can re-mount the four drives using the ADE buttons after booting into the CF IDE.  Thank you for the tip!

3 hours ago, timepilot said:

I tried disabling the auto boot disk feature, and after I then un-mounted all four drives, I was able to use the IDE boot ROM image on an Atarimax Ultimate SD Cartridge to boot into the CF IDE.  Now, it works.  And I can re-mount the four drives using the ADE buttons after booting into the CF IDE.  Thank you for the tip!

Awesome! Glad it worked for you.