IGNORED

Cavern Fighter!

youki

i just got a surprise in my mailbox today , i received my copy of Cavern Fighter!!..  i did not expect to have it so soon!..  it is a good surprise!   

I could not wait to play the game , i just did few run...  what a great game!..   Thanks a lot Tony!!!...  i was waiting for this game since your first post in 2012!!!...

If you don't have it , jump on it!

I received it well packaged!   ,   Nice artwork on the box.   Just a little point , the cartridge case i have received is scratched on the side.  Not a big deal for me  but i guess some collector would not like that.

And Thanks again Tony!  I want more game like that! ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, youki said:

i just got a surprise in my mailbox today , i received my copy of Cavern Fighter!!..  i did not expect to have it so soon!..  it is a good surprise!   

I could not wait to play the game , i just did few run...  what a great game!..   Thanks a lot Tony!!!...  i was waiting for this game since your first post in 2012!!!...

If you don't have it , jump on it!

I received it well packaged!   ,   Nice artwork on the box.   Just a little point , the cartridge case i have received is scratched on the side.  Not a big deal for me  but i guess some collector would not like that.

And Thanks again Tony!  I want more game like that! ?

Thanks dude, really appreciate it that you are enjoying the game.  I definitely have more planned (and that they don't take as long as this one ;))

• Like 2

I'm having the same Cavern Fighter issue with the Gen 2 Phoenix also.

It works fine on the stock Colecovision.  (This is a really fun game.)

If you have a Snes NTT controller and use that instead of using the Colecovision controller ports you can still play the game on the Phoenix.

The game will still automatically start though.

The first time you press a button the auto fire will stop and you can play like normal. 

Once the game ends you can access the title screen normally.

If I use a stock colecovision controller the game will crash and reset. 

Interestingly enough if you don't have any controllers plugged in the game still auto starts with the auto fire.

On a side note with the Gen 2 Phoenix,

I noticed the A E rom also starts the game with an auto fire.  Once you press a button the auto fire will stop and you can play normally.

I'm a little confused about the effect of the "Control Mode" settings.  This can be set to either "Autofire-1Button" or "Manual-2Buttons".  However the behaviour is not what I would have expected.

With "Autofire-1Button" pressing either button on the joystick and holding it down results in the ship autofiring forwards (max 3 shots on screen at any time), however only ONE bomb is dropped when the button is first pressed.  The bombs are NOT autofired which seems odd and to fire more bombs one needs to release and press the fire button again (repeatedly for more bombs).

With "Manual-2Buttons" pressing and holding the left button on the joystick still autofires forward.  Pressing the right button on the joystick now autofires the bombs (max 2 bombs on screen at any time).  Holding both buttons autofires both.  This settings is great but really isn't "Manual" as described.

Or am I missing something?

I've also found that tapping the joystick up/down on the title screen does not move the cursor up/down.  It seems to me that one needs to move the joystick up/down and hold it for a second before the game registers a cursor movement.  Just not as responsive as I would have expected.  Minor niggle but just mentioning it to provide feedback.