IGNORED

Frankenstein's Monster!

Retrospect

frank monster.zip <---- EA5 files, XB file, and a 12-page manual 

Frankenstein's Monster.  

Play with Joystick.  Real TI99's need 32K to play.

Guide your player to the bottom of the screen to collect the rock at the far right hand side, take it back up and walk into the blue Vat beneath the monster to build a wall around him before he is energized!  Repeat this process 6 times to win the game.  It's not that simple though.  You'll encounter a second stage with mad Bats that are attracted to you and will molest you to slow your progress to the top  of the screen.  Be careful of trapdoors.  Jump around 3 to 4 pixels before the trapdoor space.  Use the ladders to go up and down the floors.  Have fun!  It's been a ball-ache to code from start to finish but it's my first platformer and it's not too bad if I say so myself! :)  It was meant for Halloween but I can't wait that long.  

screen1.png.15c2a4ef81d81f6a32ecb73ff12dfd11.png

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, tmop69 said:

@Retrospect how many bytes are still available to use? Some sounds for the bats level would be great! ? 

1356 bytes remaining.

I did have bat noises in but it annoyed the hell out of me , so I figured it would piss other people off too.  It's the fact they're hard to get around, knocking you to bottom of the screen all the time and "squeeek! squeeek!" would just push people over the edge lol

• Haha 3

That was always disappointing to me about Star Trek, their lack of creativity in alien design. Regardless of the race, most of them just had different ears and a rippling forehead. As a kid, it made me appreciate playing through video games such as Star Control on 3do or Starflight on the Genesis that much more. They had so many wild looking aliens. Of course, with the limits of television budgets, I'm sure there was only so much they could do during the TNG era. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sometimes99er said:

Magnificent. Wonderbra. Smooth. Pretty cool. ☺️

cheers sometimes.  I'm glad people like it, 'cos it was a real bitch to code.  At one point, if anything could go wrong, it did go wrong , haha! :)

I knew I had to make it decent because my worst fear is, that I might take on a project, and someone with better skills than me could of done it .... I saw nanochess's version for the INTV and was inspired to make it better.

• Like 2