IGNORED

Frankenstein's Monster!

Retrospect

2 hours ago, Ksarul said:

And with that, the option to sneak over to a friend's house to get your game on was probably out too. . .

Generally, but I didn't know a lot of people with video games. Did sneak to the arcade a lot. Got caught a lot too ;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, unhuman said:

This is definitely harder / better than the intellivision version!  I have to go back to play the Atari version again!

ha, thanks ... but i wouldn't say it was better than the intellivision version ... that version was the one that prompted me to improve mine though.  ;)

On 7/20/2021 at 1:57 AM, Retrospect said:

frank monster.zip <---- EA5 files, XB file, and a 12-page manual 

Frankenstein's Monster.  

Play with Joystick.  Real TI99's need 32K to play.

Guide your player to the bottom of the screen to collect the rock at the far right hand side, take it back up and walk into the blue Vat beneath the monster to build a wall around him before he is energized!  Repeat this process 6 times to win the game.  It's not that simple though.  You'll encounter a second stage with mad Bats that are attracted to you and will molest you to slow your progress to the top  of the screen.  Be careful of trapdoors.  Jump around 3 to 4 pixels before the trapdoor space.  Use the ladders to go up and down the floors.  Have fun!  It's been a ball-ache to code from start to finish but it's my first platformer and it's not too bad if I say so myself! :)  It was meant for Halloween but I can't wait that long.  

screen1.png.15c2a4ef81d81f6a32ecb73ff12dfd11.png

Nice game!

• Thanks 1