IGNORED

Atario 800 Survival

Frozone212

The PCS center in lodi burnt down (It was a program i briefly went to). I had the IT team get a mint condition 800 to allow me to teach the students programming. Would it be salvageable? yes or no? It had all the cords and stuff too

this area: Person Centered Services, Inc. #3 - Lodi, CA | CareListings

(I started on BASIC it was always easy to start with and i was hoping to eventually leave with it and start my collection but alas :(

1 hour ago, Sugarland said:

unless the computer was burned to a crisp

Agree... but can't stop thinking about the soldering, and the thermal expansion of everything under that kind of heat wave, even if not rendered extra-crisoy.

It would be very interesting to find out, pull it from rubble and attempt to fire-it up, in stages... ??

• Like 1

I had a melted 130XE that still worked... it survived a 3rd floor apartment fire, smelled like a camp fire whenever it warmed up. It was given to a friend who used it until he graduated college... don't know where the XE ended up after that... probably still making someone hungry for smores!

• Like 1