IGNORED

SIO Selector

Hey all,

Got a question. I have 3 Percom Drives and 2 Atr-8000s. They don’t all play nice together. However after some testing on and off for the past few months I have determined that if the Percom is first off the sio chain from the computer, the drive works and allows all other peripherals (850, xf551,sio2sd,etc) to work and pass through. If the percoms are at the end of the chain neither the drives or other peripherals work. 

Reviewing the manuals online it does seem to indicate the percoms need to be first on the sio chain so that solves that issue. 

However, the drives will not work if I have all 3 daisy chained or plugged into the sio hub. So I can only have 1 Percom in the sio chain at a time. (I am sure Percom data never thought there would be anyone crazy enough to have two full Percom drives and controllers on the same sio chain)

Here is the question.   Was there ever a sio hub type unit that would let you select which sio device was active?  Sort of like an old school video selector for vcrs/game systems/etc. 

My sio hub is under the desk and a little inconvenient to plug and unplug the sio plugs. I do actually use my drives often just to get that old retro feeling. 

I think this would solve my issues but I am thinking there is/was such a small percentage of users that would need a device like this. 

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Craig

Not got a Percom, however as you suspect, from the manual it does look like you can only have one

drive with a controller in it, all the examples show one controller with one or more addon data drives

attached by ribbon cables.

It sort of implies that the controller drive is D1: and subsequent data drives are D2:, D3: etc and if

adding an Atari drive it will be +1 from the last Percom drive.

If that's the case then a second Percom drive/controller will also think it's D1: so SIO is not going to work.

Maybe there's an internal jumper that could allow a change, but can't find a circuit to confirm this.

Here is the question.   Was there ever a sio hub type unit that would let you select which sio device was active?  Sort of like an old school video selector for vcrs/game systems/etc. 

The Quintapus, by CSS, had selectable SIO ports, two of them.  Cost me $59.99 WWWAAAAAYYY back when.  Wish someone would produce something like this now.

The Quintapus, by CSS, had selectable SIO ports, two of them.  Cost me $59.99 WWWAAAAAYYY back when.  Wish someone would produce something like this now.

That’s it. I thought I read some where that this exsisted. Wish there was an easy way to modify the lotharek sio selector to do this.