IGNORED

Apollo promo stickers

JayAre

40 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

That is really cool!  Good thing I didn’t see them first! ?

Thanks, Bill.  Yeah, I know you collect this kind of stuff, so I was lucky to nab it.

I wonder what that CNE Videodome was.  I can't find anything online about it.

Edited by JayAre

1 hour ago, JayAre said:

Thanks, Bill.  Yeah, I know you collect this kind of stuff, so I was lucky to nab it.

I wonder what that CNE Videodome was.  I can't find anything online about it.

Being that Apollo was based out of Texas, I wonder if it was some convention held at the Astrodome?   

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Atari_Bill said:

Being that Apollo was based out of Texas, I wonder if it was some convention held at the Astrodome?   

Could be.  I hadn't thought of that.  I'll search some more online using the Astrodome as a reference.  Thanks, Bill.

1 hour ago, Rom Hunter said:

These are great, JayAre!
Can you make nice sharp pictures of each of them?

Absolutely, Rom.  I'll capture an image of each one on my scanner, and I'll attach them to this thread later tonight.  I'm glad you liked them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cx2k said:

We have a set of them at the museum but no idea what the Video done was..

At the museum, do you have any stickers from this set that are different from the ones I posted?  Just curious to know if I might have a complete set.  Thanks.

3 hours ago, JayAre said:

At the museum, do you have any stickers from this set that are different from the ones I posted?  Just curious to know if I might have a complete set.  Thanks.

Will have to check. I'm 99% sure that's all of them.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ballblaɀer said:

CNE is most likely the Canadian National Exhibtion held annually in Toronto. The Cronenberg movie “Videodrome” was filmed/produced in Toronto, too, so perhaps there was some kind of tie-in. 

Blazer, thanks so much for this information.  I was reading online that there are shows, attractions and exhibits at the CNE.  So it's possible that these stickers were give-aways at an Apollo exhibit at the CNE; I'm guessing maybe in 1982.  And perhaps Videodome was the name of the venue where the exhibit took place.  Then there's the possible tie-in with the movie, as you mentioned.  Really interesting.  Thanks once again for this info.

3 hours ago, JayAre said:

Blazer, thanks so much for this information.  I was reading online that there are shows, attractions and exhibits at the CNE.  So it's possible that these stickers were give-aways at an Apollo exhibit at the CNE; I'm guessing maybe in 1982.  And perhaps Videodome was the name of the venue where the exhibit took place.  Then there's the possible tie-in with the movie, as you mentioned.  Really interesting.  Thanks once again for this info.

I totally misread “Videodome” as “Videodrome”! Looks like I need a little more sleep. Ah well, I think the CNE bit is still correct… :lolblue:

• Like 1

Wow, I love this type of stuff. Did you purchase them from someone in the United States? I've seen a bunch of stickers recently from a seller in (iirc) Belgium. I bought some Activision ones. He was a super nice guy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cvga said:

Wow, I love this type of stuff. Did you purchase them from someone in the United States? I've seen a bunch of stickers recently from a seller in (iirc) Belgium. I bought some Activision ones. He was a super nice guy.

I'm glad you like the stickers, my friend.  I purchased them from a seller in Canada.

And I think I remember the stickers you're talking about - the ones from Belgium.  Those were really nice.