Tempest

New CV Power Supply?

I bought that exact one from that seller and it works great.  I can now use the Roller Controller with the Collectorvision Phoenix.  I haven't had any problems.  

I also have one of these PSUs in my game room. I've only had occasional noise from it when I was using my composite output on my CV. But even then it wasn't consistent. Haven't seen any noise or issues through my RGB output though.

3 hours ago, Tempest said:

Do either of you have an AV mod or are you running stock CV?

I only have access to my CollectorVision Phoenix so I haven't tried the new power supply with an actual ColecoVision console.  I'm looking to buy a replacement ColecoVision console since my old one was damaged.  But the old one I had wasn't modded.  The power supply I bought from the eBay seller was so I can hook up the Roller Controller to it and play Slither, so I know it works with that at least. 

2 hours ago, Ruggers Customs said:

You can get your original power supply rebuilt for about half what a new one will cost.  

Really?  I assumed it would cost more given you have to crack them open and all that.  I think I told you on FB what my power supply was doing with the plug being wonky.  My only thing about having my PS rebuilt is how long are the components going to be good for?  Fix the plug today and are the caps going to fail tomorrow?  

I assume you do power supply repair?