IGNORED

SEGA16Forever

Jason Rennicks

Good day all.

I'm looking for a bit of help. Have found a seller on eBay UK who is definitely selling items he has listed as Brand New - Factory Sealed, when they are in fact resealed. 

The Final Fantasy VII has no tear strip and no Y fold on the bottom as games from Squaresoft did on the original Playstation.

The thing is, he has an Atari Jaguar listed as Brand New, yet from the photos I found online from a legit, Brand New Factory Sealed Atari Jaguar, his seems like a reseal.

The first photo is of a genuine factory sealed Jaguar, the photo below is, in my opinion, a reseal. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards 

Screenshot_20210723-014605_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210723-014927_eBay.jpg

It does look a bit suspicious but to be honest the only advice I could give would be to avoid purchasing items from said seller if your worried about the items being resealed, my own personal experiences with eBay have been terrible as of late especially with sellers descriptions of items!. I purchased a controller listed as missing the box but in immaculate, perfectly working condition it arrived today missing the screws that hold the controller together and only half of the cable lol the seller had great feedback too and the items pictures looked fine but the faults where hidden, it’s just the risk you run buying on eBay I guess. 

• Like 1

AFAIK the Jag consoles were never shrink wrapped. I don't remember them being shrink wrapped back in the day and I have a console I got from the original owner with the Babbage's sticker on the box. Best Electronics does shrink their consoles, however. In fact, I can't think of any console that was shrink wrapped originally.

8 hours ago, madman said:

AFAIK the Jag consoles were never shrink wrapped. I don't remember them being shrink wrapped back in the day and I have a console I got from the original owner with the Babbage's sticker on the box. Best Electronics does shrink their consoles, however. In fact, I can't think of any console that was shrink wrapped originally.

That's right my Jag wasn't shrink wrapped, I got my Jag when they where going for $10.00 new in the box.

Yep, they did have those Jag hologram stickers were the flaps met on the side. The game boxes were shrink wrapped.  But who knows, all the stores had their own shrink wrap machines in the day, as electronics boutique, had a 14 day return. And would display an empty game box, til they sold last copy.  They even got sued selling returned games as new and just rethink wrapping.

If shrink wrap did happen by this point it would show significant age the clear plastic would either be cloudy and brittle even then it is shrink wrap added after it arrived at game store so don't know what that adds to value